X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tony Cotman's RACER.com blog October 8, 2010

http://www.racer.com/tony-cotmans-bl...rticle/180675/

The highlights:

This month, we're asking drivers of different heights to come to Italy and be fitted in Dallara's mock-up monocoque. A newly regulated 3in. padding is to be behind the driver's back and under their butt.....

Starters won't be on the new cars.

The anti-stall mechanism will also be part of our plan to make the vehicle capable of standing starts.

I think we'll find that with a larger underwing on the car creating most of the downforce, the wings will be used more as tuning devices.

We'll provide a set of parameters that include the spirit of the rules along with punishments made public if rules are broken...
    Speed has never killed anyone, suddenly becoming stationary… that's what gets you.

http://twitter.com/WhateverJoel

Not bad all dressed up..
    I also like the idea of an anti stall mechanism being installed. That should make a huge difference on all these yellows.
    "I would like to be able to admire a person's opinions as I would their dog - without being expected to take it home with me." ---- Frank A. Clark
    " it only makes sense for the world's most prestigious fried chicken to pair up with the world's most prestigious watch brand" ---D. Byrd

Comment

I like that he mentions slightly higher lap speeds.

There are 5 words I want to hear....

In May.

Comment

Originally posted by No_Fenders View Post
        I like that he mentions slightly higher lap speeds.

There are 5 words I want to hear....

In May.
        It .... is....a...new....track. ?? I don't think we need a new track.

Comment

contractions are you're friend.

Comment

it will also be capable of standing starts, which is surely going to make some people around here mad.

I wouldn't be opposed to seeing them in maybe 2-4 races a year on twisties, but rolling starts look really good too, so they shouldnt replace them, not even close.

Comment

Originally posted by Ceiling Cat View Post
              it will also be capable of standing starts, which is surely going to make some people around here mad.

I wouldn't be opposed to seeing them in maybe 2-4 races a year on twisties, but rolling starts look really good too, so they shouldnt replace them, not even close.
              I'd like to see it be done randomly. 5 minutes before the race, have RB draw it out of a hat whether it'll be standing or rolling.
              Insert something witty here. I don't care.

Comment

Whoever picked Tony to front the project made a good decision.
                Get your head out of your past!!!

Comment

I hope they get the max downforce right on the oval package. No one wants to see Firestone Firehawk 600 2.0.

Comment

Originally posted by Grinder-Tank View Post
                    Whoever picked Tony to front the project made a good decision.
                    I agree 100% !

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X