New car Schedule and random related points

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New car Schedule and random related points

When is the new car scheduled to first roll its wheels? Do they have to have a prototype ready for say September 2011, so that they can then go produce another 50 for Feb 2012.

Won't Lotus need a prootype early so that they can do all their wind tunnel tests with the wings on the tub?

Who will do the first prototype shakedown tests? Will they select a team of drivers?

I presume there must be some massive penalty if Dallara are not in a position to deliver on time, as an incentive to be ready.

Designing and building the car seems demanding but how will they cope with having to also start a new production facility in a new country? Have they even purchased/leased the building? How long will that take to kit out to be ready to build cars? Will they start building cars in parts in Italy and then assemble in the US?

All questions from a guy with no engineering experience whatsoever who struggled put up a garden shed.

Robin Miller is hosting Wind Tunnel this week and Tony Cottman will be a guest. E-mail Robin and he may ask Tony.
    Speed has never killed anyone, suddenly becoming stationary… that's what gets you.

http://twitter.com/WhateverJoel

Comment

Originally posted by indywulf View Post
      Designing and building the car seems demanding but how will they cope with having to also start a new production facility in a new country? Have they even purchased/leased the building? How long will that take to kit out to be ready to build cars? Will they start building cars in parts in Italy and then assemble in the US?
      I think it's safe to assume that the first batch of cars will come from Italy. It's not a purchase/lease, it's new construction, and that's gonna take time.

Comment

Originally posted by SpeedwayRyan View Post
        I think it's safe to assume that the first batch of cars will come from Italy. It's not a purchase/lease, it's new construction, and that's gonna take time.
        Have they mowed the weeds on the site yet? July, August, September, and now October - I wonder what the schedule for construction is going to be?
        Witnessed Mario's "Miracle at Indy"...Watched 3 win their 4th Indy 500...Was there for Petty's 200th win...Saw the last Novi qualify

Comment

Originally posted by indywulf View Post
          The plan all along was for the project to start in Italy and then move here when the Speedway facility is ready.

Comment

Has Dallara purchased any property for the new place yet?
            "I would really like to go to NASCAR. I really enjoy NASCAR and if I could be there in a couple of years that's where I'd want to be." - Jeff Gordon (after testing a Formula Super Vee)

Comment

On the dallara website they say the new car will be on display at the 500...the done car. Of course the aero will probably change.
              Follow me, @skcoop80 on Twitter to read about stuff you probably already know...indycar, fishing, jokes.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
              Working...
              X