Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Car Count In 2011?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Car Count In 2011?

    I've heard a number of people that are pretty confident that 2011 will see a pretty robust car count. Do you feel this is so? Why or why not?
    121
    Higher Than 2010
    27.27%
    33
    About The Same As 2010 (+/- 1 car)
    57.02%
    69
    Lower Than 2010
    15.70%
    19

    The poll is expired.

    IndyCar Advocate: A blog about enjoying the best sport in the world! Stop on by!
    --
    On Twitter as @indycaradvocate

  • #2
    I think it will be slightly higher, but not by much. The biggest thing that will help is the availability of used tubs. I'm guessing that after Indy, teams will be looking to unload as many chassis as they can to make some extra cash.
    Speed has never killed anyone, suddenly becoming stationary… that's what gets you.

    http://twitter.com/WhateverJoel

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by jcmark611 View Post
      I think it will be slightly higher, but not by much. The biggest thing that will help is the availability of used tubs. I'm guessing that after Indy, teams will be looking to unload as many chassis as they can to make some extra cash.
      Any one in the second hand business should purchase as many old tubs as possible, because they will be in demand for 2012, don't let the Indy Car Series fool ya, not going to be a new car in 2012
      If it weren't for the United States military,
      there'd be NO United States of America.


      Your son is depriving a village some where of an 'idiot'

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by Rosco View Post
        Any one in the second hand business should purchase as many old tubs as possible, because they will be in demand for 2012, don't let the Indy Car Series fool ya, not going to be a new car in 2012
        Really? And where is the evidence for this extraordinary claim?

        Comment


        • #5
          pretty sure that was a joke bud lol

          at homestead the IMS radio guys were talking about 30+ pretty much everywhere which would shock me. i thought car count was great this year, im sure itll be about the same. but hey, if this 30 cars at each race thing really happens, im all for it.

          Comment


          • #6
            I would guess 37-40 for Indy.

            Other races should have 25-28, maybe end season finale has 30.

            Comment


            • #7
              Higher for sure. No reason to keep the old cars around. Lease them out to race.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by ColdSpiderGT View Post
                pretty sure that was a joke bud lol

                at homestead the IMS radio guys were talking about 30+ pretty much everywhere which would shock me. i thought car count was great this year, im sure itll be about the same. but hey, if this 30 cars at each race thing really happens, im all for it.
                If that happens I'm sure they'd have to enforce the car count restrictions in the rulebook. 30 cars at some places would be... iffy.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Isn't there a limit on the numbers of teams that the TEAM program will pay? The number 24 comes to mind but I could be wrong. And part time teams receive zero TEAM money is that right? So SFR was running just on sponsor money alone?
                  Thanks Downforce!

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Rosco View Post
                    Any one in the second hand business should purchase as many old tubs as possible, because they will be in demand for 2012, don't let the Indy Car Series fool ya, not going to be a new car in 2012
                    I also wonder how many teams can afford this.

                    I suspect car count will be up in 2011 just because tubs will likely be so cheap.
                    Indy, Cleveland, Mid-Ohio, Pocono, Michigan, Long Beach, Watkins Glen, Kentucky, Milwaukee, Road America, Iowa, Gateway, IRP - 70

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      I suspect that there will be about 45 driver/car combinations for the 500. I think there will be anyone and everyone trying to get into that race. The rest of the season will see about 25 cars at road/street races and 28+/- 1 on ovals. No real increase from this year. Any team wanting to enter the series in 2012 will be saving as much money as possible for then.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        I think the last race of the season, where ever that is, will see ALOT of cars. I mean the cars will be useless so why wouldn't you drum up some local sponsorship and put an extra driver in them. I think we'll see a lot of Lights driver come and go this season.
                        To do something well is so worthwhile that to die trying to do it better cannot be foolhardy. - Bruce McLaren

                        Josef Newgarden 2 James Hinchcliffe 5 Conor Daly ?
                        ATLANTA UNITED FC |||||
                        #ParkedIt

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          I think it'll be about the same. More equipment will be available cheaply, especially after Indy, but with lots of drivers up in the air, I think it'll be tougher to cobble together funding, which will balance out roughly where we ended 2010. I do think that the finale next year, be it Vegas or Fontana, could see 30 cars. There will be some tubs available by then priced to MOVE.
                          Manus haec inimica tyrannis ense petit placidam sub libertate quietem.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            That is if Honda works deals with teams for engines..if not they are just tubs....


                            Originally posted by MikaF1fan View Post
                            I think the last race of the season, where ever that is, will see ALOT of cars. I mean the cars will be useless so why wouldn't you drum up some local sponsorship and put an extra driver in them. I think we'll see a lot of Lights driver come and go this season.
                            I am blessed to have witnessed "The Greatest Spectacle In Racing" 50 times!

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              And Firstone works out a deal for tires and crews work for free and the league doesn't have entry fees......... there might be a lot of cheap chasiss to run, but it still cost a lot to run the cars for a weekend. Indy maybe, but it will be tough to find enough money to run anywhere else.
                              Originally posted by Indy Red View Post
                              That is if Honda works deals with teams for engines..if not they are just tubs....

                              Comment

                              Unconfigured Ad Widget

                              Collapse
                              Working...
                              X