No announcement yet.

Whatever happened to Neil Micklewright?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Whatever happened to Neil Micklewright?

He was PT's crew chief for the longest time.
    When Forsythe decided not to join IRL, Micklewright practically disappeared off the face of the racing scene.

Is he still in good terms with PT? If PT's full time ride with DRR materializes next year, would he consider bringing him back as his crew chief?
    Feel free to comment Paul
    Rest in peace, Dan Wheldon 1978 - 2011

I doubt Paul has had any word with Neil since FCR folded. I don't think they ever really had the best working relationship. Kenny Siwieck was his last full time crew chief and has a far more impressive resume IMO.
    I hate it when people compare Senna with god . . . I mean he is okay, but come on he isn't Senna. . .

Comment

maybe doing a crossword puzzle at their shop? great company at every race I attended, extremely insightful on all issues, ,,,,,paper
      I love the sport more than I hate the past,

Comment

"Crew Chief"....??????

Try "VP of Operations"... or "General Manager"...

Those are the titles I happen to remember.

Comment

Robin said, maybe a year ago, I'm not kidding, that Micklewright was still working for Forsythe.
          "If your car was a dog, then you had to figure it out and test your own limits. And we didn't go to a wind tunnel – we did it in the first turn at Indianapolis."

Comment

OK, so what ever happened to SeBass's engineer, Craig Hamson (spelling)? He was at NH but I haven't heard or seen anything about him for a few years.

As for Micklewright, I believe he posted here several years ago, pre-merger,,
            John

Comment

Originally posted by Grizzlor View Post
              Robin said, maybe a year ago, I'm not kidding, that Micklewright was still working for Forsythe.
              I'm pretty sure that the very last four or five people that Forsythe was still employing at his shop are gone as well.
              What happened?

Comment

Originally posted by use2know View Post
                "Crew Chief"....??????

So what operation is he presiding over? What project is he generally managing?

It just seems weird to me that someone that has been in racing scene for so long would just disappear.
                Is he not allowed to work for another team? is he an indentured servant to Gerald Forsythe???

Comment

Originally posted by gofaster View Post
                  OK, so what ever happened to SeBass's engineer, Craig Hamson (spelling)? He was at NH but I haven't heard or seen anything about him for a few years.

John
                  I think Craig Hampson is still there at NH.
                  We just don't see him very often on TV because his team is rarely up front.

Comment

Originally posted by use2know View Post
                    "Crew Chief"....??????

Yea that was his title but I thought on raceday he was calling the shots for Pauls race. I could be wrong it seems like such a long time ago.
                    I hate it when people compare Senna with god . . . I mean he is okay, but come on he isn't Senna. . .

Comment

one of paul's former engineers told me a funny story about paul always calling him "SARS monkey"

sounds like Paul is kind of rough on his guys
                      http://img20.imageshack.us/img20/4233/kiawp.jpg
                      Peters Motorsports Designs
                      Web - http://www.petersmotorsports.com
                      Twitter- @petersmtrsprts

Comment

On the topic of whatever happened to, what about Kenny Siewick? Another long time employee of Newmann\Haas who left at the end of Cart to join Forsythe.

Any idea PT?

Comment

Originally posted by gofaster View Post

John
                          According to his LinkedIn resume Craig Hampson is still with Newman/Hass as their Chief Engineer, so he might not be in the pit box anymore. If this is still accurate it will be his 17th season with Newman/Hass racing.

I drove by FCR building a bit ago and there is still activity there the racing operations have closed down but forsythe performance research might still be running.

Comment

Originally posted by Boomdog15 View Post
                            On the topic of whatever happened to, what about Kenny Siewick? Another long time employee of Newmann\Haas who left at the end of Cart to join Forsythe.

Any idea PT?
                            K. Siwieck was manager at FPR in 2008... don't know about now. He was working under Neil, who held the VP of Ops position. They also had Tom Brown on payroll...

Comment

Originally posted by raskav View Post
                              Is he not allowed to work for another team? is he an indentured servant to Gerald Forsythe???
                              Just remember that Forsythe was the guy that wasn't going to release PT from his contract even though they weren't going racing...

Nothing would surprise me when it comes to GF...
                              Chicago Blackhawks done didn't do it again!

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X