Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Highcroft Racing eyes limited 2011 IndyCar schedule and possible FT status in 2012

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Highcroft Racing eyes limited 2011 IndyCar schedule and possible FT status in 2012

http://auto-racing.speedtv.com/artic...2011-campaign/

I know it already was posted in the Silly Season thread, but it probably deserves its own thread.

Simon Pagenaud would almost surely be the driver.
    "If your car was a dog, then you had to figure it out and test your own limits. And we didn't go to a wind tunnel – we did it in the first turn at Indianapolis."

Comment

Originally posted by Grizzlor View Post
      That would make sense, and that's what it's sounding like. The more, the merrier.

For those that are interested, here's his stats (courtesy of Wikipedia) from '07, his rookie (and only, obviously) year:

Year Team 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 Rank Points 2007 Team Australia
      LVG
      Ret
      LBH
      HOU
      POR
      CLE
      MTT
      TOR
      EDM
      SJO
      ROA
      ZOL
      ASN
      SRF
      MXC
      6 8th 232

EDIT:
      Sorry formatting looks like crap. At least his actual stats are pretty solid!
      IndyCar Advocate: A blog about enjoying the best sport in the world! Stop on by!
      --
      On Twitter as @indycaradvocate

Comment

Great to see some interest starting to be shown for 2012 and the new specs. Highcroft is A+ and would be a great addition to the paddock. Here's hoping that they're successful in finding sponsorship!
        Faster...Faster...Faster...I know it, you know it, that's all that matters!

Comment

Great news. Is this one of the team RB was talking about?

Comment

I hope this happens. I love Simon. Liked him in Champ Car a lot; then became a bigger fan when he was driving with Gil in ALMS last year.
            My Twitter Profile (feel free to follow): www.twitter.com/3Paige14

My Blog: http://femaleindycarfan.blogspot.com/

Proud Supporter of Helio Castroneves, Simon Pagenaud, Tony Stewart, AJ Allmendinger, and Meyer Shank Racing + Many Others in the Motorsports World

Lionheart and Badass Forever

Comment

This is great news, and I'm not disputing it... but it's so opposite to what all the Highcroft sources and followers were saying just a month ago. Head is spinning, it is. :banana31:

Comment

Steve Goff, ex TCGR racing manager, has worked for Highcroft about six years...last year he told me no ICS plans for the team but that looks to have changed. Acura has already announced the 2011 ALMS cars will use a turbocharged V-6...right?

Comment

Patron vs. Fuzzy's in 2011 - I like it. I prefer Fuzzy's and Carpenter personally, but that's just me.
                  Gregg Sebald

Comment

Originally posted by rrrr View Post
                    Steve Goff, ex TCGR racing manager, has worked for Highcroft about six years...last year he told me no ICS plans for the team but that looks to have changed. Acura has already announced the 2011 ALMS cars will use a turbocharged V-6...right?
                    Only in the new P2 class...

2.8L V-6... production-based... twin turbo... capped at a $90,000 price tag. Thank the ACO for that one.

Comment

Not compatible with IndyCar.

Highcroft Racing in IndyCars would be cool. One of the high profile teams with some pretty good drivers to chose from for their IndyCar team.
                      MotorRacingblog.nl | Kwaliteitsblog

Comment

Originally posted by Grizzlor View Post
                        I'd like that
                        Indy, Cleveland, Mid-Ohio, Pocono, Michigan, Long Beach, Watkins Glen, Kentucky, Milwaukee, Road America, Iowa, Gateway, IRP - 70

Comment

Originally posted by cornutt View Post
                          This is great news, and I'm not disputing it... but it's so opposite to what all the Highcroft sources and followers were saying just a month ago. Head is spinning, it is. :banana31:
                          A month ago they were auditioning for the Audi factory support, which as we know didn't happen. Therefore, they're back to examining their options. Indy gets ratings of course.
                          "If your car was a dog, then you had to figure it out and test your own limits. And we didn't go to a wind tunnel – we did it in the first turn at Indianapolis."

Comment

One thing about successful ALMS prototype teams: they have experience racing in a series with limited television exposure, and somehow making it work.

Yeah, I know it's a different animal, but still - that's gotta be a helpful experience.
                            Manus haec inimica tyrannis ense petit placidam sub libertate quietem.

Comment

How many races does ALMS have? I know some are 6 or 12 hours, but it's still just 9 events, half of IndyCar. Granted the cars are more expensive, but you don't need a backup car.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X