X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Simona Returning to HVM in 2011

Per 16th and Georgetown..

http://www.16thandgeorgetown.com/201...hvm-in-11.html

2010 Indianapolis 500 Rookie of the Year, Simona De Silvestro will be returning to HVM Racing in 2011, according to team officials. “

When we started this season we could not have anticipated the challenges we would face, both financially and on track, with incidents and equipment damage. However we could not also have anticipated the development of Simona in such a short period. The team and driver showed what is possible." said HVM Racing owner Keith Wiggins, "Now it is time to put 2010 behind us and do the job properly in 2011. This team knows how to win and we are focused on getting the right package together to move forward."

Switzerland native De Silvestro, who quickly became a fan favorite, finished 19th in the season Championship. “We have tremendous chemistry as a team and money can't buy that. I am thankful for the chance Keith [Wiggins] gave me this year and for Imran’s [Safiulla] support." the 22-year-old said, "The whole team has come a long way. We faced a lot of adversity, yet we remained strong and that speaks to the character and cohesiveness of our team and my supporters. We have proved we can run up front, despite the funding challenges from sponsorship short falls.”
    edit: sorry posted in the 2011 thread already, you guys are fast!
    There is no "I" in team but there is in Chip.
    Jimmy Vasser

Very glad to hear this. Simona is a huge asset to this series and can only go up from here. She worked her ass off to prove she has the talent and (this will hit a nerve with some) right to be in Indycar.

Comment

Very good news. I hope that team can build on 2010, with less of a by-the-seat-of-their-pants, bootstrap effort, and a bit better of a sponsor situation. Simona is great for the series, fun to watch, and fun to have around.
      IndyCar Advocate: A blog about enjoying the best sport in the world! Stop on by!
      --
      On Twitter as @indycaradvocate

Comment

Great news! Now, we just have to hope they can find the funding to do some testing and close the gap, especially on the ovals. I think with another year together, they could legimately challenge for top-5's on road courses which is pretty impressive when you look at the funding and experience of the team.

Comment

While I'm sure Simona is very grateful for HMV providing her a seat, I wouldn't be surprised if she is open to moving to another (better, more stable) team next year. She would be crazy to sign a contract this early and I doubt she has. There is quite a bit of interest as well, so it wouldn't be shocking if she got a quality GP2 ride. I hope she stays in IndyCar, but I think she is deserving of a better ride going forward.
          "You make one **** of a caucasian Jackie." The Dude Lebowski

Comment

Thanks for posting! Great news!
            Some fans claim one series or another runs "real race cars." What's everybody else running, fake race cars? :confused:

INDYCAR - NOW IZODIER THAN EVER!

my blog ... I'm not a big fat woodchuck, I'm THE big fat woodchuck.

Comment

Two thumbs up.
              Gregg Sebald

Comment

Originally posted by Danny Noonan View Post
                While I'm sure Simona is very grateful for HMV providing her a seat, I wouldn't be surprised if she is open to moving to another (better, more stable) team next year. She would be crazy to sign a contract this early and I doubt she has. There is quite a bit of interest as well, so it wouldn't be shocking if she got a quality GP2 ride. I hope she stays in IndyCar, but I think she is deserving of a better ride going forward.
                I can't see her going to another team. She's a racer, so it's not about the money. I would guess she would go nowhere but to a red car if anybody. Much of her success can be linked to Mike Cannon.

Just imagine how she could do if Wiggins comes into a bunch of funding....

I imagine next year will be more of the same, and in 2012 she will shine big time.

Comment

I'll believe it when I hear it from Murph the Bear... :izod2
                  the man in expensive shoes

Comment

Originally posted by voice_of_reason View Post
                    ...(this will hit a nerve with some)...
                    Who, exactly...seems to me she was liked pretty much across the board...
                    Chicago Blackhawks done didn't do it again!

Comment

Originally posted by Danny Noonan View Post
                      With the kindest respect in the world to Simona, she had a reasonable year, showed some talent...........but if she wants to go racing next year in any Series, she is going to have to go to the team with funding. Right now, no one is either going to give her a free drive nor pay her.............this is reality.

As for being grateful to HMV..........she went there probably becuase they would do it for what she had to spend, whereas other teams wouldn't, and it was not a charity drive by the team for her...............also reality.

Comment

Originally posted by puzzled one View Post
                        With the kindest respect in the world to Simona, she had a reasonable year, showed some talent...........but if she wants to go racing next year in any Series, she is going to have to go to the team with funding. Right now, no one is either going to give her a free drive nor pay her.............this is reality.

As for being grateful to HMV..........she went there probably becuase they would do it for what she had to spend, whereas other teams wouldn't, and it was not a charity drive by the team for her...............also reality.
                        I agree completely but I think if Simona had enough jack I think she would prefer to go to KVR or somewhere that provides her a somewhat competitive oval car. I also think it's a distinct possibility she might end up back in Europe, although I hope it doesn't happen.
                        "You make one **** of a caucasian Jackie." The Dude Lebowski

Comment

...let the lovefest continue.

Comment

Originally posted by Indy500fanatic View Post
                            ...let the lovefest continue.
                            And how!

SIMONAHEART.JPG
                            IndyCar Advocate: A blog about enjoying the best sport in the world! Stop on by!
                            --
                            On Twitter as @indycaradvocate

Comment

Originally posted by AFColt View Post
                              And how!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]606[/ATTACH]
                              I cannot see whatever picture you tried to post there.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X