X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KV teams with SH Racing (REDLINE extreme energy drink) for 2011 Indy 500

http://auto-racing.speedtv.com/artic...-for-indy-500/

From the article:
    It was an expensive season for KV Racing as its three full-time drivers tore up more than $2 million worth of equipment in the 35 accidents by Moraes, Sato and Viso.

2 million is a lot of money, but I thought it would have been worse than that
    "I would like to be able to admire a person's opinions as I would their dog - without being expected to take it home with me." ---- Frank A. Clark
    " it only makes sense for the world's most prestigious fried chicken to pair up with the world's most prestigious watch brand" ---D. Byrd

Comment

Well that confirms that Redline effort is the real deal.
      Skypigeon "If you're not on the bus, don't whine about the direction it's going."

Comment

Originally posted by Formula Indy View Post
        I thought it would have been more myself.
        The King Of Limbs Part 2?

http://www.thekingoflimbspart2.com/

Comment

Same here, but once its put in perspective...

New Dallara Front Wing ~$3500

2,000,000 / 3,500 = ~571 New Front Wings!

Comment

That's an average of $57K per wreck. OUCH

Comment

Justin Wilson would be a good fit for KV. If Lotus is increasing their IndyCar involvement, having a Brit that is a former F1 pilot, and the almighty god of setup on roads/streets seems like a no-brainer. They'd be lucky to get that guy. He's so much better than anything they have now it's not even funny.

I'm definitely not saying he should do the REDLINE one-off. Neither should PT, even though he's a good fit. He'd have to give up the Monster money, and judging by all the hard work he's been putting in, a one-off is not part of his plan.

Takuma is obviously popular in Japan. The crowd at Motegi surprised the hell out of me. He is to Japan what Paul Tracy is to Canada. If he still wants to, my best guess is that he's gonna be driving in IndyCar for 2011.
              My guardian angel, she wears a hard hat.

Comment

If this is a one off for Indy. I think I would like to see a badass American driver that knows Indy. There are a few out there.

Comment

Originally posted by Justhalc View Post
                  http://auto-racing.speedtv.com/artic...-for-indy-500/

From the article:
                  It was an expensive season for KV Racing as its three full-time drivers tore up more than $2 million worth of equipment in the 35 accidents by Moraes, Sato and Viso.
                  I'm sure Kalkhovan just said "I can fund this forever".... :kk
                  the man in expensive shoes

Comment

Originally posted by Oben View Post
                    Justin Wilson would be a good fit for KV. If Lotus is increasing their IndyCar involvement, having a Brit that is a former F1 pilot, and the almighty god of setup on roads/streets seems like a no-brainer. They'd be lucky to get that guy. He's so much better than anything they have now it's not even funny.

I'm definitely not saying he should do the REDLINE one-off. Neither should PT, even though he's a good fit. He'd have to give up the Monster money, and judging by all the hard work he's been putting in, a one-off is not part of his plan.

Takuma is obviously popular in Japan. The crowd at Motegi surprised the hell out of me. He is to Japan what Paul Tracy is to Canada. If he still wants to, my best guess is that he's gonna be driving in IndyCar for 2011.
                    The reason the crowd was so large at Motegi is because they held the race on some Japanese work holiday, so everybody had the day off. Thats why it was Mutoh's dads first time seeing him race there because it was on the holiday.
                    The Original Fan of Kimi "The Iceman" Raikkonen 2007 World Driving Champion: 21 Wins---102 Podiums---18 Pole Positions---43 Fastest Laps ---1 Gorilla Suit

Comment

Originally posted by numrounofan View Post
                      I'm sure Kalkhovan just said "I can fund this forever".... :kk
                      he can, hes a billionaire
                      The Original Fan of Kimi "The Iceman" Raikkonen 2007 World Driving Champion: 21 Wins---102 Podiums---18 Pole Positions---43 Fastest Laps ---1 Gorilla Suit

Comment

Originally posted by aaron5572 View Post
                        he can, hes a billionaire
                        He needs to be.
                        "In America, the winner goes to Victory Lane, everybody else goes to the garage and should soak their tears in their beer and figure out how to be faster next week."
                        Eddie Gossage

Comment

Me too. I figured they had burned through a tub or two by the looks of some of those wrecks.

Comment

Sato isn't going anywhere IMO. He may have torn things up, but he also showed he's still fast. He's got a year under his belt right now. Provided he can conquer brain fade in the cockpit (and the red mist), he will be tough on the road/streets next year and potentially top ten on ovals.

I really like the guy because in F1 he took it to the top cars and he seems like the kind of guy that wants to win, not finish third and chirp about points or having a "top five car".

Comment

I wouldn't be so sure. Honda is not going to allow Sato to drive a Lotus car again, are they?
                              "If your car was a dog, then you had to figure it out and test your own limits. And we didn't go to a wind tunnel – we did it in the first turn at Indianapolis."

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X