Izod isn’t returning to Andretti, per Cavin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Izod isn’t returning to Andretti, per Cavin

Curt says in today's IndyStar Q&A blog that he's been told Izod isn’t returning to Andretti’s team, but there has been no confirmation of that.

http://blogs.indystar.com/racingexpe...and-las-vegas/

I hope that RHR keeps them.

I was joking before, but damn. Two major sponsors out, and one of the ones you have left desperately wants it's driver in another series? This isn't looking so good.
    "It takes a special level of incompetance to make a schedule this terrible. America is possibly the greatest country in the world overall for tracks. To make a bad schedule in America takes effort. A special kind of effort. A kind of effort that only IndyCar could come up with."

Comment

I was under the impression that they already pulled out after the 500. They were only in for a partial schedule and AA has kept thier logo on in hopes of getting some $$$ for next year

Comment

They could find themselves in the same position as Newman Haas by 2012. Thank your Versus ratings.

No, Mike Kelly "found" the money for the rest of the season. As for RHR, there have been grumblings that he could move somewhere else with Izod. I don't think Izod can come up with Andretti's 400K per race price tag.
        "If your car was a dog, then you had to figure it out and test your own limits. And we didn't go to a wind tunnel – we did it in the first turn at Indianapolis."

Comment

Originally posted by Grizzlor View Post
          Thank your Versus ratings.
          Thank your "diversified" series, road courses, street courses, foreign drivers, spend-a-buck car owners and gal drivers who were all going to save open wheel.

Somewhere, Tony George is laughing.

Comment

I don't see any doom here...more like Mikey knew about the time Indy rolled around that 7/11 was dropping after the season, that 7/11 would hang for some Danica time, and that this probably meant no money for TK. All that said, Mikey probably ponied up a little more to keep RHR around thinking that he would be more marketable in 11 and could probably find something for him.

I think we see either Rahal/Service Central or Wilson/Z Line come on board, Marco and Danica stay put, and RHR does too along with a new sponsor. AND, I think that if it's Wilson instead of Rahal, the team is stronger next year than this year. Wilson is better at this point on the twisties than TK (IMO), and contrary to popular belief, I don't think TK set up the cars at Indy....I think he set them all up with the same base line from which to tweak. I think any of the other 3 could do that.

Izod isn't withdrawing from anything except sponsoring 1 team....which is questionable IMO anyway
            I Love May!

Comment

If this is true ... that Izod won't sponsor a car in a series they are the TITLE sponsor for ... you can kiss this series goodbye. I suspect it will limp through to the 2011 Indy500 ... after that, what sponsor is going to put money into races that get fractional ratings on TV, and gets fewer attendees at a race than pig races at a county fair ??

Comment

I don't know badazz. I would rather see them put the money they had in the car toward marketing the series itself.
                ...---...

Comment

Should this really be a surprise to anybody? They are the series sponsor. What do they need to sponsor a car for?
                  "Try some of these before or after your statements if you are not presenting them as facts. Things like - "In my opinion", or "I think that", JHMO, IMHO, IMO, JMO... Your opinions are not (necessarily) fact. That would clear things up some." - Seadog 03/25/2010 11:40am So the above is JMO.

Comment

Originally posted by HuckHound View Post
                    Thank your "diversified" series, road courses, street courses, foreign drivers, spend-a-buck car owners and gal drivers who were all going to save open wheel.

1995 Indy 500 ratings: 9.4/28
                    1996 Indy 500 ratings: 7.1/23

Yeah, he's laughing all right .
                    Insert something witty here. I don't care.

Comment

Originally posted by BadazzZ06 View Post
                      If this is true ... that Izod won't sponsor a car in a series they are the TITLE sponsor for ... you can kiss this series goodbye. I suspect it will limp through to the 2011 Indy500 ... after that, what sponsor is going to put money into races that get fractional ratings on TV, and gets fewer attendees at a race than pig races at a county fair ??
                      What about Verizon? they pumping money and effort into the series, and then there is this mystery sponsor that is going to put as much money as IZOD into the series. So your points are invalid. Keep trying to predict doom and gloom.
                      In the IZOD IndyCar series we're just kids enjoy the thrills in a 200 MPH candy store.

Comment

Why would he be laughing?
                        "It takes a special level of incompetance to make a schedule this terrible. America is possibly the greatest country in the world overall for tracks. To make a bad schedule in America takes effort. A special kind of effort. A kind of effort that only IndyCar could come up with."

Comment

-cap:fishingth:fishingth:fishingth

In the IZOD IndyCar series we're just kids enjoy the thrills in a 200 MPH candy store.

Comment

Always nice to see a "refreshing" perspective. First time I've seen those remarks on this board, lol.
                            “Anything is possible if you don’t know what you’re talking about.”
                            -unknown

Comment

Originally posted by BadazzZ06 View Post
                              Why would they sponsor a car? Tell me how that makes any sense?
                              "Try some of these before or after your statements if you are not presenting them as facts. Things like - "In my opinion", or "I think that", JHMO, IMHO, IMO, JMO... Your opinions are not (necessarily) fact. That would clear things up some." - Seadog 03/25/2010 11:40am So the above is JMO.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X