Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rate the vRace: Homestead

Rate the Race:

I give it a 9. Plenty of story lines and some good racing.

Power looked spooked from the very beginning of the broadcast. In the end I think it was hisnerves that did him in.

Danica and TK had a great contest for 2nd in the closing laps.

A suspiciously lengthy caution.
    6.25%
    26.56%
    23.44%
    26.56%
    9.38%
    1.56%
    1.56%
    1.56%
    0.00%
    0.00%
    other
    3.13%
    "I have been bored out of my skull by slower racing." - Turn13

Gave it a 9 as well. Great on-track lead changes, tons of passing, wondering if fuel strategy would pay off (it didn't), an epic duel for 2nd, and engaging storylines. Woot!
    IndyCar Advocate: A blog about enjoying the best sport in the world! Stop on by!
    --
    On Twitter as @indycaradvocate

Comment

I gave it a four. Another garbage race on a 1.5 mile ISC track. It was predictable from the get go. The fastest car on the track dropped all the way back to ninth place and played it safe. How on earth does that make for a good race?
      "Try some of these before or after your statements if you are not presenting them as facts. Things like - "In my opinion", or "I think that", JHMO, IMHO, IMO, JMO... Your opinions are not (necessarily) fact. That would clear things up some." - Seadog 03/25/2010 11:40am So the above is JMO.

Comment

My husband once told me a smart racer wins by the smallest margin possible. Once Power took himself out, Dario had no need to be mixing it up with others. And his approach worked, but thanks to Milka, his strategy nearly backfired.

Dario dropping to ninth may not have made for a great finish, but for the first 3/4 of the race the championship was being decided.
        "I have been bored out of my skull by slower racing." - Turn13

Comment

Originally posted by gonzo View Post
          How on earth does that make for a good race?
          For about 3 hours on Saturday night I was entertained and didn't have to think about the massive amount of stress I have going on in my life. That's why it was a good race.

Comment

Originally posted by stnkypete View Post
            For about 3 hours on Saturday night I was entertained and didn't have to think about the massive amount of stress I have going on in my life. That's why it was a good race.
            Hey, whatever floats your boat. Me, I was disappointed that I wasted three hours watching something that wasn't really a race.
            "Try some of these before or after your statements if you are not presenting them as facts. Things like - "In my opinion", or "I think that", JHMO, IMHO, IMO, JMO... Your opinions are not (necessarily) fact. That would clear things up some." - Seadog 03/25/2010 11:40am So the above is JMO.

Comment

Hey, whatever floats your boat. Me, I was disappointed that I wasted three hours watching something that wasn't really a race.
              Given you've hated the last several races, I'd say you have no one to blame for your disappointment other than yourself.

Comment

I gave it a 9 for all the same reasons as PP, AFColt and pete. Probably the best race of the season. Too bad it's the last and that almost no one was there to see it.

Porscheman
                @porscheman121 on Twitter #+200HP!
                237.498/241.428/242.333 Speeds from the olden days!

Comment

Since you missed most of the race here is a snipit from Racer.com:

"(Franchitti and Dixon) could not dominate for long, though. By lap 33, Andretti Autosport's Tony Kanaan had worked his way into contention and managed to split the Ganassi duo, and in the first pit stops Penske vaulted Ryan Briscoe from fourth to second, allowing the Australian to put Franchitti under plenty of pressure.

After several laps of side by side racing, Briscoe got into the lead on lap 59, with Franchitti losing momentum in the process and falling to fourth. He had the speed to swiftly fight back, though, regaining the lead just 14 laps later, while Briscoe's tenure up front had only been brief before Kanaan passed him."

That sequence of laps alone elevated the race higher than a four.

I gave it a four. Another garbage race on a 1.5 mile ISC track. It was predictable from the get go. The fastest car on the track dropped all the way back to ninth place and played it safe. How on earth does that make for a good race?

Comment

You can't be a good fan if you're just going to sit there and enjoy it
                    "Each day well lived makes every yesterday a dream of happiness and every tomorrow a vision of hope. Look well therefore to this one day for it, and it alone, is life"
                    ~ Sanskrit poem attributed to Kalidasa, "Salutation to the Dawn"

Brian's Wish

Comment

Great Race, what IndyCar Racing is all about. Fast cars slicing and dicing for an exciting finish.
                      Speed is Life

Comment

other = 1,000,002
                        http://thepurginglutheran.wordpress.com/

http://thegatwickview.tumblr.com/

http://thepurginglutheran.tumblr.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Turn13 View Post
                          You can't be a good fan if you're just going to sit there and enjoy it
                          No you really can't. If fans are going to accept mediocrity I don't think that serves the series well. And for anybody that wants to sit there and try and argue that it's just my opinion that the racing and the series has been mediocre there was an empty Speedway Saturday night and abysmal ratings to argue otherwise.

http://motorsport.com/photos/indycar...om-lb-0325.jpg
                          http://www.gettyimages.ca/detail/104...y-Images-Sport

As the only remaining fans its up to us to demand excellence.

Comment

7. A decent race but wasn't outstanding.

The good;
                            A Saturday night race, something about IndyCars under the lights that's really cool. Some great racing by several drivers, notably Helio, Briscoe, Dixon, TK, Danica, Wheldon. Beautiful sunset background in the early laps.

The not-so-good;
                            Somewhat of a let-down that for the first time in 5 years the championship battle fought at the last race didn't materialize as it had previously. Will Power's car looked ill-handling from the start...shamefully uncharacteristic of a Penske-prepared car.

The really bad;
                            Ridiculously elongated caution period for suspect reasons. With less than 20,000 fans in attendance ISC didn't deserve a good championship battle at their track. Bob Jenkins was absolutely horrible during the entire broadcast.
                            ​a bad day at the race track beats a good day at work

Comment

Originally posted by indyracefan View Post
                              7. A decent race but wasn't outstanding.

The good;
                              A Saturday night race, something about IndyCars under the lights that's really cool. Some great racing by several drivers, notably Helio, Briscoe, Dixon, TK, Danica, Wheldon. Beautiful sunset background in the early laps.

The not-so-good;
                              Somewhat of a let-down that for the first time in 5 years the championship battle fought at the last race didn't materialize as it had previously. Will Power's car looked ill-handling from the start...shamefully uncharacteristic of a Penske-prepared car.

The really bad;
                              Ridiculously elongated caution period for suspect reasons. With less than 20,000 fans in attendance ISC didn't deserve a good championship battle at their track. Bob Jenkins was absolutely horrible during the entire broadcast.
                              That sunset must be worth a lot of points if after all that it still ended up with a 7.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X