Milka's crash

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Milka's crash

A driver who is on suspension nearly played a huge part in the championship.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5yL3dUKnj9Y 0:55 mark

Who made the decision to let her continue to race at this level?
    "I have been bored out of my skull by slower racing." - Turn13

Speed has never killed anyone, suddenly becoming stationary… that's what gets you.

http://twitter.com/WhateverJoel

Comment

People in charge have to revoke her license.

Comment

1. She is not on "suspension". If so, she wouldn't be racing.

2. Do you know the cause of the crash? What are your sources? The way the car suddenly snapped around, are you 100 percent sure that the driver caused it?

3. It would not make any difference if she caused a problem for the champion, or Will Power, or whomever... that's fate and racing. Things happen, and nothing happened here...so your point is?

4. She made the decision to race, whether you liked it or not.

5. :fishingth

Comment

Originally posted by cbreez99 View Post
          Probation then. And she's not racing, she's driving.

2. Do you know the cause of the crash? What are your sources? The way the car suddenly snapped around, are you 100 percent sure that the driver caused it?
          From her own website: With approximately 25 laps remaining in the race Duno caught some dirty air and lost grip in the front of the car and slid up and into the wall.

3. It would not make any difference if she caused a problem for the champion, or Will Power, or whomever... that's fate and racing. Things happen, and nothing happened here...so your point is?
          Point is she nearly changed the results of the championship by being allowed to enter the race.

BB should never have allowed it. She has consistently demonstrated an inability to control these cars competently, yet is allowed to be on the track by race control.

Not at all.

Do you think she belongs on the track with the rest of the IICS racers?

Comment

There's not much point in arguing this now. There's like a 5% chance she's racing in IndyCar next year. That's pretty much the point of limiting the TEAM money to a certain number of spots, right? So that nobody sticks a field-filler in the 27th car because they can make it work with the $1.X million payment?
            Manus haec inimica tyrannis ense petit placidam sub libertate quietem.

Comment

Point is she nearly changed the results of the championship by being allowed to enter the race.
              "Nearly" means absolutely nothing here. She took only herself out.

I have seen this exact same dirty air situaton happen to some of the best IndyCar drivers around. Non-issue. Lets move on.
              Gregg Sebald

Comment

Originally posted by PenelopePitstop View Post
                From her own website: With approximately 25 laps remaining in the race Duno caught some dirty air and lost grip in the front of the car and slid up and into the wall.
                Sounds like what happens to nearly every IndyCar driver from time-to-time. Milka is in way over her head but to use the Homestead shunt as the reason to boot her is moronic.

Comment

She also hit another teams tire on pit road.
                  Skypigeon "If you're not on the bus, don't whine about the direction it's going."

Comment

I am not sure what pr person wrote that on the website, but anyone knowlegable in racing can see that the front end didn't loose grip and wash out, the rear end snapped around in a suddenly extremely loose condition. I don't believe everything that is written.

This is the weekly bash Milka thread, congratulations on starting it this week...you are the winner.

As the last poster said, she will probably be gone, so why continue to kick somebody that is down and probably out?

Comment

Originally posted by Tabernerus View Post
                      There's not much point in arguing this now. There's like a 5% chance she's racing in IndyCar next year. That's pretty much the point of limiting the TEAM money to a certain number of spots, right? So that nobody sticks a field-filler in the 27th car because they can make it work with the $1.X million payment?
                      I think the reason for limited that money is that is all the series can afford to dole out. Also, TEAM had no impact on Milka, since it's rumored CITGO gives her a massive check to use. I'm not sure what they do with her next year, but she's within the 107% on ovals and I'm not sure they can bar her from them.
                      "If your car was a dog, then you had to figure it out and test your own limits. And we didn't go to a wind tunnel – we did it in the first turn at Indianapolis."

Comment

Originally posted by stnkypete View Post
                        Sounds like what happens to nearly every IndyCar driver from time-to-time. Milka is in way over her head but to use the Homestead shunt as the reason to boot her is moronic.
                        Agree. But Milka has been on probation for much much more than an occasional incident.

Comment

I am not sure what pr person wrote that on the website, but anyone knowlegable in racing can see that the front end didn't loose grip and wash out, the rear end snapped around in a suddenly extremely loose condition. I don't believe everything that is written.
                          I provided everything you asked for. If you choose to present your own theory over the one of the driver who actually crashed, I'd love to hear it.

As the last poster said, she will probably be gone, so why continue to kick somebody that is down and probably out?
                          You asked earlier what the point was and I answered it. Not my fault if you didn't read it.

Comment

Ana and Will Power both had crashes as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Kevracer View Post
                              Ana and Will Power both had crashes as well.
                              Neither of those drivers were on probation for their driving.
                              Skypigeon "If you're not on the bus, don't whine about the direction it's going."

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X