Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

AA says TK is free to look for another ride?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AA says TK is free to look for another ride?

Watching Speed Report right now and that's what streamed on the ticker.

I guess that means that 7/11 isn't coming back?!
    ​a bad day at the race track beats a good day at work

Comment

Yes, they just mentioned that and RM will fill us in later in the show.

Comment

Well, that'd be my key Free Agent pickup.
        IndyCar Advocate: A blog about enjoying the best sport in the world! Stop on by!
        --
        On Twitter as @indycaradvocate

Comment

Originally posted by indyracefan View Post
          I guess that means that 7/11 isn't coming back?!
          Or they may have resigned, but at a lesser $$$ money to where Andretti can't afford to pay TK multi-millions.

Comment

be a shame to see marco in a seat and tony shuffled on down the road.

luck sperm club at its finest.
            http://danwheldon.shutterfly.com/

Comment

http://blogs.indystar.com/racingexpe...-and-7-eleven/

From Cavin's Q&A on Monday:
              Question: Any further word on Andretti’s efforts to keep 7-11 as a sponsor? You have long mentioned that not just sponsorship, but sponsor activation is a key, and I think they do a good job of it. Would love to see them stay on TK’s sidepod. (Mike, Chicago)
              Answer: Michael says they’re good. That’s the word Kanaan has received, too.

Comment

I would guess that if TK is free to go, TK signs with Penske and Briscoe is moved to the Penkse B team. If TK is on the market, Penske would be a fool not to pick him up. He, Helio and Power would really put the fight to Ganassi next year. If Penske doesn't sign him, Ganassi will and Dario will be the one pulling the strings on that deal seeing how Dario and Tk are best of friends.

Comment

Originally posted by voice_of_reason View Post
                  I would guess that if TK is free to go, TK signs with Penske and Briscoe is moved to the Penkse B team. If TK is on the market, Penske would be a fool not to pick him up. He, Helio and Power would really put the fight to Ganassi next year. If Penske doesn't sign him, Ganassi will and Dario will be the one pulling the strings on that deal seeing how Dario and Tk are best of friends.

I doubt Briscoe gets bumped for TK. I could possibly see TK going to deFerran/Dragon though. That would be beneficial to that team not only by getting a veteran driver who could provide feedback on car set-up but also help Matos.
                  ​a bad day at the race track beats a good day at work

Comment

Yeah, I don't really see TK being able to move to either Penske or Ganassi. The money just won't be there to fund the ride. Very surprised though to hear that he may consider leaving AA after he passed on Ganassi a couple years ago.

Comment

Originally posted by indyracefan View Post
                      I doubt Briscoe gets bumped for TK. I could possibly see TK going to deFerran/Dragon though. That would be beneficial to that team not only by getting a veteran driver who could provide feedback on car set-up but also help Matos.
                      Yep, that would be my guess too.

Interesting to see what AA would do next if Kanaan doesn't come back though?

Comment

Originally posted by Canth View Post
                        Very surprised though to hear that he may consider leaving AA after he passed on Ganassi a couple years ago.
                        Why? He looks beyond frustrated with the situation and probably wants a fresh start rather than finding himself spending more energy fueding with others within the team. Shoot, even Danica mentioned that in her post-race press conference last night about it being one of those years where things weren't "buddy buddy".

Comment

Holy s*** it is 7/11 leaving
                          In the IZOD IndyCar series we're just kids enjoy the thrills in a 200 MPH candy store.

Comment

Miller says 7/11 is gone and TK is a free agent.

Comment

They're gonna have to find a leader-type number 1 driver or get one of the other three to step up.
                              It's impossible, that's sure. So let's start working.- Phillipe Petit

Talent borrows, Genius steals. - Pablo Picasso

Ah, there's nothing more exciting than science. You get all the fun of sitting still, being quiet, writing down numbers, paying attention... Science has it all.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X