Where Chip beats Roger

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where Chip beats Roger

Chip quickly realized that Dario is an awesome Indy car driver and moved him back to the series after his less than spectacular NASCAR debut season.

Roger continues to allow another awesome Indy car driver to languish in NASCAR.

Congrats to Chip and Dario for making all the right choices.

I'm a fan of Sam but he wasn't a top flite road racer, even in the Penske system. Now that ICS is committed to being primarily a street/road course series, I'm thinking Sam would rather run Nationwide next year than Indy cars.
    Road racing is doomed...what this country needs is a big new racetrack designed for automobiles instead of horses. C.G. Fisher

Comment

Where Chip beats Roger? Sam sucks on roadcourses. Roger is smart to leave Sam in the cabs.
      "Try some of these before or after your statements if you are not presenting them as facts. Things like - "In my opinion", or "I think that", JHMO, IMHO, IMO, JMO... Your opinions are not (necessarily) fact. That would clear things up some." - Seadog 03/25/2010 11:40am So the above is JMO.

Comment

Originally posted by nascarnation View Post
        I'm a fan of Sam but he wasn't a top flite road racer, even in the Penske system. Now that ICS is committed to being primarily a street/road course series, I'm thinking Sam would rather run Nationwide next year than Indy cars.
        The ICS is not committed to being primarily a street/road series. Where the hell did get that idea? The goal, stated over and over and over again by management, is to have a 50/50 split. They are currently one oval shy of that.

Sam would be good enough on roads/streets to contend for a championship, provided he wins races on ovals.
        My guardian angel, she wears a hard hat.

Comment

I believe that Roger knew exactly what he was doing. The three drivers he currently employs in IndyCar are all far better than Sam as overall drivers for IndyCar.
          ​a bad day at the race track beats a good day at work

Comment

Originally posted by indyracefan View Post
            I believe that Roger knew exactly what he was doing. The three drivers he currently employs in IndyCar are all far better than Sam as overall drivers for IndyCar.
            Sam won an Indycar championhship for Penske. How are the other guys doing?
            "Is that my *** that I smell burning?" ... Helmet Stogie from "Death spasms of the Mabuchi"

Comment

Originally posted by Doc Austin View Post
              Sam won an Indycar championhship for Penske. How are the other guys doing?

He wouldn't be able to do it today. Again Penske knew what he was doing.
              ​a bad day at the race track beats a good day at work

Comment

Dario to Sam = Apples to Oranges. NO WHERE close in talent is Sam and Sam had not nearly the competition / back markers to deal with. Dario hands down, not a tough decision for Chip or Roger imho. Doesn't make either smarter, they are both shrewed business men having fun spending others disposable cash.
                If you don't stand behind our troops, PLEASE, feel free to stand in front of them.

Jesus Saves! Passes to Noah.....He shoots, he scores!

Comment

There may be many reasons that Chip seems to have it over Roger lately. Sam Hornish, most decidedly, is not one of those reasons. Frankly, I don't see why Roger bothers to even keep Sam on his Cup team. Wasting a valuable seat while he stinks it up out there, IMO.

Porscheman
                  @porscheman121 on Twitter #+200HP!
                  237.498/241.428/242.333 Speeds from the olden days!

Comment

Danica Patrick finished 5th in the standings in 2009 against the same group of guys, save Will Power, that we will likely see in 2011. Hornish with a red car would be a superior oval racer to Danica and maybe slightly better on the twisties. If so, he could be a championship contender. Would he be the favorite? No. He would need to dominate the ovals like Power did the twisties this year and catch some breaks on road/street courses, but to dismiss his chances is to forget how special he was/is on ovals.

Comment

Well let's not reality get in the way of the good troll. After Franchitti's aborted run in NASCAR he WANTED to come back to IndyCar. Based on what he's said publicly, Hornish has no such desire.

Comment

Originally posted by Oben View Post
                        The ICS is not committed to being primarily a street/road series. Where the hell did get that idea? The goal, stated over and over and over again by management, is to have a 50/50 split. They are currently one oval shy of that.

Sam would be good enough on roads/streets to contend for a championship, provided he wins races on ovals.
                        Agreed, the road courses wouldn't hurt Sam much more than the ovals do Will Power.

Comment

Where Ganassi beats Penske is in personnel. Most notably Mike Hull. Since Tim Cindric has taken more of a lead role at Penske, the team has slipped.

Comment

Chip beats Roger in the cockpit. That's the only place, but it's huge. Briscoe and Power have completely CHOKED down the stretch the last two years. There is no other word for it. They both crashed with the title in their hands. You won't see Dixie or Dario do that
                            I Love May!

Comment

I am no fan of Dario, but he is clearly the best driver in the series, and probably the best driver the (IRL) series has ever seen. I think that, given the chance, he could have been a multiple WDC. It's hard to imagine Sam Hornish being able to hold his own against Franchitti.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X