The Official Jack-Arute's-Microphone-Not-Working Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Official Jack-Arute's-Microphone-Not-Working Thread

WOW! Super race at Homestead, super drama.
    A bit embarrassing that Jack Arute's microphone didn't work at the award ceremony though.

Was there an on-air arguement with Jack and Jan last night? I don't have VS but was following on Twitter and it sounded like the winner's circle stuff turned in to a cluster.

Comment

Originally posted by Ann Dretti View Post
      Was there an on-air arguement with Jack and Jan last night?
      Just two guys arguing tactics - like you and your buddy watching the race with you might. As I have said before, what I really like about the Vs crew is that it feels like 6 people who dig racing a lot talking about it. The ABC crew feels scripted and forced, but the Vs guys don't come across like that. For me, some of the best parts of the broadcasts are when Jan, Robbie and Jack start chirping at each other.

The crux of the "argument" was Jack said Helio's crew was talking about pulling another Kentucky, but Jan was saying for that to work, he would have needed to duck into the pits which he didn't. There was also discussion/ disagreement if, in the interview with Andretti, if he were referring to Marco's fuel situation of Tony and Danica. It seemed clear to me he was referring to Marco, but someone on the broadcast team - Jack perhaps - felt he was referring to Tony and Danica. The final caution made the argument moot.

Comment

Yeah, they got into it a little bit at one point during the race. First, Jan tried to interrupt Jack from a useless bit of reporting to try and let everyone know that, yes, Will Power did have damage to the rear suspension. Jack just kept talking right over him to ensure that the viewing audience should wait for a rather important piece of information. Then they got into it a little bit when Jack tried to make a dumb comparison to Helio's Kentucky run which was not particularly relavent considering the number of other drivers that were also pitting and topping off their fuel. Jan did not buy into it completely and Jack seemed to take it a bit personally. Somewhere in there, Jack also made a pretty unprofessional on-air remark about the guys upstairs not being prepared to take the conversation back from him. For a while now, I have not been a big fan of letting Jack talk during the actual race broadcasts and that stuff he pulled last night only strengthened my belief that he should only be involved in pre-race stuff.

Comment

Every time Arute spoke I cringed.
          "If your car was a dog, then you had to figure it out and test your own limits. And we didn't go to a wind tunnel – we did it in the first turn at Indianapolis."

Comment

It was funny when Bob was talking about an upcoming Versus broadcast of a NASCAR series race in which he said the guys in the booth would be Jimmy Spencer and "Jackie Root."
            "If you wait, all that happens is you get older" - Mario Andretti

Comment

I like Jack but he did a better job as a pit-reporter. He now acts like a MC and some of his segments are just awful.

On that note, Bob Jenkins was terrible last night too. He routinely was calling the wrong car leading, couldn't seem to be able to tell which Penske driver was being shown on television, made several factual mistakes such as saying Will Power was in his first full season of IndyCar competition, etc. All in all just a really bad job by Bob last night.
              ​a bad day at the race track beats a good day at work

Comment

Originally posted by indyracefan View Post
                I like Jack but he did a better job as a pit-reporter. He now acts like a MC and some of his segments are just awful.

On that note, Bob Jenkins was terrible last night too. He routinely was calling the wrong car leading, couldn't seem to be able to tell which Penske driver was being shown on television, made several factual mistakes such as saying Will Power was in his first full season of IndyCar competition, etc. All in all just a really bad job by Bob last night.
                Maybe they broke out the champagne early.
                Reason is not automatic. Those who do not believe in it cannot be conquered by it. And, the trouble with being punctual is that there is nobody there to appreciate it.

Comment

I figured Jack and Jon were trying to relive classic moments between Bobby and Sam.
                  Speed has never killed anyone, suddenly becoming stationary… that's what gets you.

http://twitter.com/WhateverJoel

Comment

Originally posted by indyracefan View Post
                    Mike King had a couple of moments like that also - must have been the "Downforce pre-race Party Snacks."
                    Witnessed Mario's "Miracle at Indy"...Watched 3 win their 4th Indy 500...Was there for Petty's 200th win...Saw the last Novi qualify

Comment

Wnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn nnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn nnnnnn
                      "Only a fool fights in a burning house."-Kang

"If you listen to fools....The Maaahhhhb Ruuuules....."-Ronnie James Dio

Comment

Arute is the absolute worst thing about the broadcast. Jon is the best.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X