Rate the 2010 season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rate the 2010 season

Now that it is over, how would you rate the season as a whole?
    1.73%
    7.51%
    20.81%
    30.64%
    9.25%
    10.98%
    6.94%
    6.36%
    2.89%
    2.89%
    Speed has never killed anyone, suddenly becoming stationary… that's what gets you.

http://twitter.com/WhateverJoel

I'm going to give it an 8/10 - some great racing marred by some poor officiating and some ridiculously long yellow flag periods.

Brilliant championship race, but would have liked to see more wins by other teams besides the red cars.

Still a very exciting year, though - can't wait until next season!

Comment

IMO the best season yet.

Comment

I gave it a 10 so the muppet would have something to complain about

Comment

I gave it a 3. Competition was lopsided. The usual suspects still win too many races. Fans in the stands continues to plummet (at least on ovals). No passing still the rule on most roadcourses. I will change my vote to a 5 however if I learn that I never have to see (or hear about) Milka Duno ever again.
          Indy, Cleveland, Mid-Ohio, Pocono, Michigan, Long Beach, Watkins Glen, Kentucky, Milwaukee, Road America, Iowa, Gateway, IRP - 70

Comment

Originally posted by infoxicated View Post
            I'm going to give it an 8/10 - some great racing marred by some poor officiating and some ridiculously long yellow flag periods.

Brilliant championship race, but would have liked to see more wins by other teams besides the red cars.

Still a very exciting year, though - can't wait until next season!
            Touche. Same number, same reasons.
            I am a fan of the Verizon IndyCar Series, Formula 1, and AMA Supercross. Go Oriol, Seabass, RHR, and J.R.

Comment

Originally posted by Since83 View Post
              I gave it a 3. Competition was lopsided. The usual suspects still win too many races. Fans in the stands continues to plummet (at least on ovals). No passing still the rule on most roadcourses. I will change my vote to a 5 however if I learn that I never have to see (or hear about) Milka Duno ever again.
              There's lots of passing on the road courses, they just don't show it on TV.

Comment

I voted 2/10. Apart from the Indy 500, I may have watched 20 or 30 laps of racing all season. I used to be a big fan in the day but now I can't be bothered to tune in. The series is marching toward oblivion.

Comment

Seen far better seasons then this.
                  Two teams dominate is not good for the series.
                  Months of twisters then months of ovals is the wrong way to go in MHO,
                  A 4 out of 10 is the best i can do.

Comment

I gave it a 4. Below is an itemized list of how I came to this number. All my opinion of coarse.

Ovals- (8.5) Most of the races were very good. They were on ovals so what more could you expect.
                    roads- (2.5) They just do not do anything for me. Plus, since there was one more road race, it added more weight to the average.
                    Intangibles- (2) Lack of American USAC/short track drivers (Real American race drivers not Euro wannabees. Even on the ovals my enjoyment was muted a bit because there were really no real American race drivers to cheer for except Carpenter and Fisher. I did cheer for the Euro wannabee Americans to beat the others, but it was just not the same.), no dirt miles, cars with wings and ground effects, and just the fact that we are no longer a true American open wheel series but an Euro wannabee series is a big problem with me (I know, we haven't been since 1971 when the dirt miles were no longer part of the schedule. But until CART, we were still an oval dominate series. I miss the original IRL.).

I think next year I am going to spend more of my money at the USAC short track races and less time watching the roads. I enjoyed them much more than any of the road races. IZOD and other potential sponsors are listening. I am about to give up on more than half of the season because of the roads and the lack of American USAC/short trackers, and I know many more that have already left and are going to follow me because of the above. Many more fans than those that are going to the series because of the roads and the Euro/foreign racers anyway.

Side Note: Just because I do not want to see an Euro/foreign driver dominate series does not mean I do not respect these drivers. There are some very good Euro/foriegn drivers that have the talent to run a true American open wheel series and add to the value of the series. Dario being one of them. My beef is with the no-talent ride buyers and the owners that overlook the real American USAC/short trackers for these ride buyers.

I would like to congratulate Dario on a fine season winning the championship.
                    www.firstturnpro.com

Comment

Gave it a three. Much less interested in the series than I have been at any time since I started following it.
                      No man can cause more grief than that one clinging blindly to the vices of his ancestors. - William Faulkner

Comment

...---...

Comment

the championship went down to the last race of between two great drivers and teams. if you can't enjoy that, YOU have a problem....or an agenda.
                          http://danwheldon.shutterfly.com/

Comment

The racing was good at most of the ovals as well as the street courses, the road-courses so-so. However due to Power dominating the first part of the season with then drivers from Penske & Ganassi getting all the rest except two it made for a ho-hum season. The late season charge by Dario for the championship is what kept the season from being totally boring.

17 races with only 3 teams winning...15 won by Penske & Ganassi with Andretti getting the other two. (insert yawning smilie here)
                            ​a bad day at the race track beats a good day at work

Comment

Originally posted by 9rows View Post
                              the championship went down to the last race of between two great drivers and teams. if you can't enjoy that, YOU have a problem....or an agenda.

Get real. We like what we like. Your enjoyment may be different than someone else's. My agenda when it comes to racing is enjoying myself. I didn't enjoy this season as much as those in the past. The only problem I have, as it relates to this matter, is that I don't at all like other people telling me what I should like.

I've got plenty of problems, but nothing to do with this.
                              No man can cause more grief than that one clinging blindly to the vices of his ancestors. - William Faulkner

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X