Indycar yellow= farce

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Indycar yellow= farce

Am I missing something but why is this yellow taking so long? Power brought out the yellow by brushing the safer barrier? Surely there shouldn't have been a yellow at all. Just another reason why F1 is superior in terms of integrity and being an actual true sport rather than this fake entertainment product.

Originally posted by Vic Bitters View Post
    Am I missing something but why is this yellow taking so long? Power brought out the yellow by brushing the safer barrier? Surely there shouldn't have been a yellow at all. Just another reason why F1 is superior in terms of integrity and being an actual true sport rather than this fake entertainment product.
    Hhahaha, you have to be kidding. F1 the pinnacle of integrity? F1 is the absolute worst when it comes to interfering with the racing with backrooms BS.

Comment

You don't see fantom yellows until it becomes clear that a championship contender is out of the race in F1. The last controversy in F1 resulted in a $100000 fine for a team. So no you are wrong fanboy.
      Last edited by Vic Bitters; 10-02-2010, 08:05 PM.

Comment

Yellow flags have become the official time-out period for IndyCar. No matter what they'll have to have the very minimum of 6-7 laps just to facilitate wholesale pit-stops for the entire field. Once again I'll this to climb on my soap-box advocating there be no routine pit-stops made during a caution.
        ​a bad day at the race track beats a good day at work

Comment

That did seem strange. They said on TV that they were having trouble with one of the caution lights at pit in.

Comment

They were having trouble getting the pits closed light to go off. The next caution was about 3 laps long.

And you guys should be glad the caution went long, it prevented the race from being a fuel mileage race.
            Speed has never killed anyone, suddenly becoming stationary… that's what gets you.

http://twitter.com/WhateverJoel

Comment

F1 Fanboy claiming it has integrity = Farce of Epic Proportions!

Comment

Agreed, Power's brush should never have been a yellow.

Comment

Originally posted by cbreez99 View Post
                  Agreed, Power's brush should never have been a yellow.
                  That I won't disagree with with, but with on-track safety equipment not working, they had to stay yellow until it was once that decision was made.

Comment

if the dang light doesn't work...... put a cone out and a flagman.. holy cow, don't the drivers have radios or something modern like that; hellllllo, it's soooo easy to drive an indycar; they're probably twittering and reading email
                    returning to the days of ignorant bliss..

Comment

What worries me is the effect on the casual fan or channel-surfer. People don't have the attention span to hang in for lap after lap under yellow, especially with Davey Hamilton saying "what the xxxx are they doing". Well, not exactly those words. My solution is to tape-delay the broadcast, show the race highlights, and a whole bunch of special features, interviews, technical stuff, etc. One hour max for the whole thing. Hardcore fans can watch the whole race in real time on the web.

Now think about the positives of a delayed broadcast. Does it take three tries to get the race green-flagged? No problem. Does it take three hours to finish a two-hour race? That's OK. Does the race have to be rain-delayed? If the delayed broadcast is at least 48 hours after the race, that shouldn't be a problem.

I'm convinced that auto racing in real time is no longer a viable product for broadcast TV. Remember, I'm not talking about you people on this forum. I'm talking about the bigger market.

Comment

The idea that when somebody walls their car at 210+ there is no need for a yellow is looney. You have to go yellow at least long enough to figure out why it happened, and convince yourself that there isn't any debris on the track. For race control to just sit there and wait to see what happens next would be negligent.

And that was not just a "brush" with the wall. He was stuck to it until he came out of the corner. Will never went back up to speed, and would have been a sitting duck.

Get real.
                        My guardian angel, she wears a hard hat.

Comment

Does it matter? Does the "casual" fan know who the champion from the previous year is when the car is number 10, not 1? The MOMENT not the past Is what matters. Where is Homestead?
                          No signature required

Comment

IMO, those saying there should not have been a yellow are doing so in hindsight, which isn't realistic.
                            My guardian angel, she wears a hard hat.

Comment

I DVR the race & have double check this. The yellow came out on lap 135 & the green didnt drop till lap 152. Was Vince McMahon in race control?

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X