Will Franchitti lead start to finish?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Will Franchitti lead start to finish?

Seems very possible given the history of this race and the title implications.
    yes
    9.62%
    no
    69.23%
    all laps except pit sequence
    21.15%

The poll is expired.

Assuming he does, and Will Power get's a top 5, who's the champ? Anyone know the breakdown now that Dario got that extra point for the pole?

Comment

If Dario wins and leads the most laps, he's the champ regardless of what Power does. As a Power fan, I'm starting to get a bad feeling about tomorrow. Will seems really nervous and Dario is cool as a cucumber. I think the 12 team just gave away too many points this year, particularly in the pits. I said it as I was leaving Chicago, "They just cost him the championship..."

What's the old saying though? You gotta lose one before you can win one? Power is going to dominate this sport for years to come. If he doesn't win it this year, he'll get his first title next year going away.

Comment

Originally posted by Jay J View Post
        Assuming he does, and Will Power get's a top 5, who's the champ? Anyone know the breakdown now that Dario got that extra point for the pole?
        http://www.trackforum.com/forums/sho...eekend-Preview

http://www.trackforum.com/forums/sho...os&daysprune=7
        My IMS seating map is now hosted at http://www.16thandgeorgetown.com and http://www.imsseating.blogspot.com

Comment

Originally posted by Packer487 View Post
          If Dario wins and leads the most laps, he's the champ regardless of what Power does. As a Power fan, I'm starting to get a bad feeling about tomorrow. Will seems really nervous and Dario is cool as a cucumber. I think the 12 team just gave away too many points this year, particularly in the pits. I said it as I was leaving Chicago, "They just cost him the championship..."
          Unfortunately, I have the same feeling. I'm a huge Power fan, and was at Chicago, as well ... but I just don't feel good about tonight. I hope I'm wrong, but Dario has become an all-time, historic great (with his number of wins and 500's and titles). I just don't see Ganassi, then, making a mistake. He may very well lead from start to finish. We'll find out soon enough ...
          Power #12 (2014 Champ, 2018 Indy 500 Winner) - Pagenaud #22 (2016 Champ) - Newgarden #1 (2017 Champ)

Comment

Many things can happen in the course of a race, but at this point it sure doesn't look good for Power.

Comment

Originally posted by Packer487 View Post
              I think the 12 team just gave away too many points this year, particularly in the pits. I said it as I was leaving Chicago, "They just cost him the championship..."
              That's what I said too - Chicagoland was a disaster.
              Indy, Cleveland, Mid-Ohio, Pocono, Michigan, Long Beach, Watkins Glen, Kentucky, Milwaukee, Road America, Iowa, Gateway, IRP - 70

Comment

We will watch tonight because we know. We know in racing nothing is a given.
                God speed!

Comment

Originally posted by Since83 View Post
                  That's what I said too - Chicagoland was a disaster.
                  In hindsight, it sure seems like it would have been a better decision to pit him as soon as they knew they screwed up. He could've made up 6 or 7 spots in the remaining laps and salvaged some points. A 20-25 point lead would sure look good right now.

I understand why they didn't bring him in, but it also seems a little inconsistent with the way they've run the season. He didn't push things at Long Beach, Barber, or Indy because he knew he was running for the title. At Chicago, they rolled the dice with heavy odds against them and it ended up being a complete debacle.

I'm hoping the racing gods smile on Will tonight, because he has been far and away the best driver this season and I hate that he could lose a title largely because of several huge mistakes in the pits. Then again, I like Dario too and with another title (essentially three straight) he moves up the pantheon of great drivers, which would be cool too.

Comment

There is little to stop Franchitti and Dixon from just driving away at the green flag. Maybe Briscoe can hang with them, and Castro's starting pretty far back and may be of little help. Maybe Spec Ed can get up there and do something stupid. GO ED!

Whose the genius who scheduled all of these stupid ovals at the end of the season? Oh wait, it was TGTA of course.
                    "We need to blow up IRL. It needs to be (known as) IndyCar. To the purist, (IRL) is a negative acronym. We need to get away from using it." --- Mr. Randy Bernard.

Comment

It's just fantastic that the championship for the fifth year in a row has come down to the final race and most likely the final lap in determining the champ!
                      ​a bad day at the race track beats a good day at work

Comment

Originally posted by bigDCART View Post
                        There is little to stop Franchitti and Dixon from just driving away at the green flag. Maybe Briscoe can hang with them, and Castro's starting pretty far back and may be of little help. Maybe Spec Ed can get up there and do something stupid. GO ED!

Whose the genius who scheduled all of these stupid ovals at the end of the season? Oh wait, it was TGTA of course.
                        Yeah, last year's balls out drive by Ryan Briscoe only to lose out on fuel mileage in a caution free race really sucked. Debating how much the race will suck before it starts. A dubious TF record has been set.
                        "George Bignotti's Sinmast Wildcat (Designed by Bob Riley); delicately built, carefully prepared and boldly driven by Gordon Johncock." -- Keith Jackson

Comment

What happens when both drivers lead 100 laps each? Both get 1 point?
                          MotorRacingblog.nl | Kwaliteitsblog

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X