• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Well it looks like another f1 reject is heading to indycar

Jonathan Summerton posted this on his facebook:
    Heading
    down to Miami for the weekend and looking forward to the Indy Car
    race and getting ready for 2011 season. Ready to win and more determined
    than ever. Thank you everyone for your support. You guys are awesome!

(Title was heavy sarcasm)
    In the IZOD IndyCar series we're just kids enjoy the thrills in a 200 MPH candy store.

ill take that reject anyday

Comment

He's not a F1 reject because F1 doesn't allow American's to race. He's more of a F1 inequality victim
      We want to relate to Americana. I went to the Indy 500 and that was Americana. I sat in various turns and I didn’t see any champagne drinkers, but I saw a lot of beer drinkers. We appeal to the wine and cheese crowd, but we also appeal to the masses – the beer drinkers.” Randy Bernard

Comment

He's not an F1 reject because he was never good enough or rich enough to get into F1. It's about time he gave up the pipe dream.
        "It takes a special level of incompetance to make a schedule this terrible. America is possibly the greatest country in the world overall for tracks. To make a bad schedule in America takes effort. A special kind of effort. A kind of effort that only IndyCar could come up with."

Comment

Originally posted by ptclaus98 View Post
          he was never good enough or rich enough to get into F1.
          Well, a .500 average ain't bad.
          Manus haec inimica tyrannis ense petit placidam sub libertate quietem.

Comment

Wow. So even when a talented American driver does start looking at IndyCar there is still something that has to be knocked?

Just incredible.
            What happened?

Comment

Notice that i put *(Title was heavy sarcasm)* In regards to if it wasn't an american driver he would be treated to those statements over and over here.
              In the IZOD IndyCar series we're just kids enjoy the thrills in a 200 MPH candy store.

Comment

Wow. So even when a talented American driver does start looking at IndyCar there is still something that has to be knocked?
                Just incredible.
                He's not the right kind of American. He obviously has Road Racing Cooties.

mk
                Racing: there is no substitute.

Comment

Originally posted by SnakePitLounge View Post
                  He's not a F1 reject because F1 doesn't allow American's to race. He's more of a F1 inequality victim
                  F1 is xenophobic?

Comment

He's not a F1 reject because F1 doesn't allow American's to race.
                    Did you throw a Danica foot stomping styley tantrum when you posted that 'boohoo everyone is against us cuz we 'is' American' self pity, victim statement? *raises an eyebrow*

Comment

Originally posted by voice_of_reason View Post
                      F1 is xenophobic?
                      No, you've just got to have a lot of money to go up through the ladder series. Something most American drivers don't have enough of.

Comment

Originally posted by Lis View Post
                        Did you throw a Danica foot stomping styley tantrum when you posted that 'boohoo everyone is against us cuz we 'is' American' self pity, victim statement? *raises an eyebrow*
                        No...everyone is not against us....everyone wants to be us! Go look at a flag for a second and remember who you are!
                        We want to relate to Americana. I went to the Indy 500 and that was Americana. I sat in various turns and I didn’t see any champagne drinkers, but I saw a lot of beer drinkers. We appeal to the wine and cheese crowd, but we also appeal to the masses – the beer drinkers.” Randy Bernard

Comment

Originally posted by seeutrackside View Post

Just incredible.
                          Welcome to TF where even the best news is bad.
                          Skypigeon "If you're not on the bus, don't whine about the direction it's going."

Comment

No...everyone is not against us....everyone wants to be us! Go look at a flag for a second and remember who you are!
                            LOL, if you say so... who am I to break your ickle dillusional heart

Seems to me though that some Americans seem to feel they are owed something simply because of their Nationality & when it doesn't automatically arise, then naturally it simply must be because they are American! Get over yourself!

Anyway, so going on your original comment, does that also mean F1 has a 'thing' against,

Canadian drivers
                            African drivers
                            Swedish drivers
                            Bosnian drivers
                            Irish drivers
                            Chinese drivers
                            Indonisian drivers
                            New Zealand drivers
                            Argentinian drivers
                            Portuguese drivers
                            Norwegian drivers

Given they are pretty few & far between too, or is yours a selective party where only Americans can join in by allegedly feeling ostracized from Formula 1 circles?

*ftr, There have been around 55 Americans who have competed at some time in F1, which is about the same number of drivers from Germany, behind the likes of Italy, France & GB & waaaay ahead of the majority of other numerous Nationalities that have competed at some time.

So you see, you need to stop feeling so hard done by, & stop being such arrogant asses about everyone wanting to be you, as holding that sort of mentality really wouldn't win any favors with the people in F1 who hold the cards, or a majority of the wider world in general actually. imo

Comment

Summerton in IndyCar would be AWESOME!
                              This driver has pure talent, like it or not.
                              I know he had some connections with USF1 and later the Cypher Group or whatever it was called.

Nothing happened, so I sure hope he's coming back to the US...

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X