Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wheldon / Panther Lawsuit

http://www.indystar.com/article/2010...e-in-spotlight

It is at the bottom. Guess there is a lot of friction there. DW Motorsports? Might this be where the
    rumor of Wheldon starting his own team came from?
    16th and Georgetown, the greatest place on EARTH!!!

I'm sure DW motorsports was formed for tax reasons.

I'm assuming the dispute is about money? Makes you wonder if Dan ever got paid what he was promised??
    "Any time that I can be out at the Indianapolis Motor Speedway, you're going to see a smile on my face." - Dan Wheldon

"It's crazy how the Indianapolis Motor Speedway can make you so emotional. I went from the highest of highs to the lowest of lows in less than 24 hours." - Alex Tagliani

Comment

i dont think that has to do with a racing team but maybe his management.

Comment

When did Wheldon drive for Darrell Waltrip Motorsports?
        Gregg Sebald

Comment

Panther screwing someone over? Shocking!
          http://img20.imageshack.us/img20/4233/kiawp.jpg
          Peters Motorsports Designs
          Web - http://www.petersmotorsports.com
          Twitter- @petersmtrsprts

Comment

Dan has represented Panther and their sponsor, the National Guard, very well in my opinion. I hope the team is not trying to give him the shaft.
            "If you wait, all that happens is you get older" - Mario Andretti

Comment

aow, maybe you can co-sign the suit with dan and get your sticker money back?
              http://danwheldon.shutterfly.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Doyouloveit? View Post
                I'm sure DW motorsports was formed for tax reasons.

I'm assuming the dispute is about money? Makes you wonder if Dan ever got paid what he was promised??
                I very much doubt that dan has a deal on promises , he has one of the top managers in racing , and I very much doubt they do anything without a contract

Comment

Originally posted by paultracy3 View Post
                  I very much doubt that dan has a deal on promises , he has one of the top managers in racing , and I very much doubt they do anything without a contract

Good point, but a promise for a promise in simplistic terms is a binding contract. Dan promises to drive for Panther and Panther promises to pay Dan for his service. My point is that year a contract with dollar figure is one thing but the team having the cash flow to pay it is a different story. I've heard from a reliable source that a top driver for a top or near top team wasn't getting paid on time and at the contracted amount.
                  "Any time that I can be out at the Indianapolis Motor Speedway, you're going to see a smile on my face." - Dan Wheldon

"It's crazy how the Indianapolis Motor Speedway can make you so emotional. I went from the highest of highs to the lowest of lows in less than 24 hours." - Alex Tagliani

Comment

Originally posted by Doyouloveit? View Post
                    Good point, but a promise for a promise in simplistic terms is a binding contract. Dan promises to drive for Panther and Panther promises to pay Dan for his service. My point is that year a contract with dollar figure is one thing but the team having the cash flow to pay it is a different story. I've heard from a reliable source that a top driver for a top or near top team wasn't getting paid on time and at the contracted amount.
                    Strang how it works , i a driver was to not show up for sponsor duties and even skip practices or a race , people would rail on him or her . But if you do your job and the owner does not pay you what the contract was agreed to , that seems to be ok

Comment

It really stinks that you are posting here instead of driving.

Really.
                      ...---...

Comment

Strang how it works , i a driver was to not show up for sponsor duties and even skip practices or a race , people would rail on him or her . But if you do your job and the owner does not pay you what the contract was agreed to , that seems to be ok
                        Does that mean Dan Wheldon didnt want to drive for hamburgers and hotdogs?

Comment

There was plenty of outrage over your situation as I recall.
                          What happened?

Comment

Most assuredly not okay. A contract is a contract, period. If a team needs a little more time to gather up the money, fine - but that doesn't give them the right to stiff the guy.

Comment

No it's not. Where do you get that idea (that people would not rail on the owner)?
                              What Happened?
                              Who's got next?

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X