Rembering Paul This Weekend.........

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rembering Paul This Weekend.........

since this is the last race for the IRL at Homestead I would ask that you remember Paul who was killed during final practice one year...........and I being in the spotters stand as the IRL spotter tech saw it coming and there was nothing I could do about it.........................Dog
    SENسR MODERATOR......

"Better To Be Judged By Twelve Than Carried By Six"
    " Only Those Who Will Risk Going Too Far....Can Possibly Find Out How Far One Can Go "...T.S. Elliot....

RIP Paul

Comment

Thanks dog

RIP Paul
      "Each day well lived makes every yesterday a dream of happiness and every tomorrow a vision of hope. Look well therefore to this one day for it, and it alone, is life"
      ~ Sanskrit poem attributed to Kalidasa, "Salutation to the Dawn"

Brian's Wish

Comment

Eternal rest grant him, oh Lord, and let eternal light shine upon him. Amen.
        "I didn't hear a single comment about airboxes, "carbashians", or how terrible the car looked. I did see dozens and dozens of little kids in awe of the speed and how cool the cars looked. We should learn from our children."
        --Danny Noonan

Comment

Originally posted by dog-ring View Post
          since this is the last race for the IRL at Homestead I would ask that you remember Paul who was killed during final practice one year...........and I being in the spotters stand as the IRL spotter tech saw it coming and there was nothing I could do about it.........................Dog
          2006 season opener at Homestead. It was terrible enough to watch on TV, I can only imagine what it would have been like to watch it unfold in person. It was an amazing tribute to Paul for Rahal-Letterman Racing to pull their entries for that race, especially considering it was the season opener and would instantly take them out of the running for the championship...some things are more important than earning points. We're lucky that Ed wasn't badly hurt or killed that day as well...sad day for the sport.

Comment

I was in the hospital at the time...racing friends called, they wanted to be the ones to break it to me...Paul had just signed a poster for my son who'd broken his arm in a bike crash...I cried all day.
            You've worked so hard on the kidney. Very special -- the kidney has a very special place in the heart. It's an incredible thing. Donald John Trump

Brian's Wish * Jason Foundation

Comment

Tough part of racing that nobody likes. Every time it happens I pray that it is the last. Remembering Paul...
              "George Bignotti's Sinmast Wildcat (Designed by Bob Riley); delicately built, carefully prepared and boldly driven by Gordon Johncock." -- Keith Jackson

Comment

Originally posted by SpeedwayRyan View Post
                2006 season opener at Homestead. It was terrible enough to watch on TV, I can only imagine what it would have been like to watch it unfold in person. It was an amazing tribute to Paul for Rahal-Letterman Racing to pull their entries for that race, especially considering it was the season opener and would instantly take them out of the running for the championship...some things are more important than earning points. We're lucky that Ed wasn't badly hurt or killed that day as well...sad day for the sport.
                Ed had just turned the fastest lap in the session so I had my eyes on him and watched it unfold as well. I thought they both were dead. There was a man in the stands who was furious RLR pulled their drivers because he was there to see Danica. He kept threatening to leave but never did

Comment

I had just returned home from Church andI was preparing to go to the opener party at IMS when I heard the news. I immediately got dressed and went to IMS to be with other fans. It was a very subdued day!
                  We shouldn't forget how much these drivers give for our sport!
                  Have a very blessed day!

Comment

I remember being all pumped up for the 2006 opener, then this news came on SportsCenter...later that year Marco, Michael and Sam gave me the most exciting 500 finish ever (selfishly, I am a fan of all 3)...the highest highs and lowest lows...
                    "George Bignotti's Sinmast Wildcat (Designed by Bob Riley); delicately built, carefully prepared and boldly driven by Gordon Johncock." -- Keith Jackson

Comment

I hate that part of the sport. I remember how furious I was the day Greg Moore died, that CART continued the race (looking back, I was 18 at the time.....now...the show must go on). I had a coming to Jesus moment at the 500 this year. Mike Conway crashed 100 yards to my left, and it was at that moment, that I didn't care who won, or didn't win.....all I cared about was that he was ok. I wasn't a Conway fan....but these guys and gals do this not only for their personal rush....but for the fans. At Chicagoland, for the first time ever at a race....I said my own little prayer that all these guys come back safe....and I meant it. RIP Paul, Greg, Jeff, Gonzalo, Scotty, Tony and all the others.......
                      Proud fan of Helio Castroneves - 4 TIME INDIANAPOLIS 500 Winner 🏆

Comment

Originally posted by Mearsfan53081 View Post
                        I hate that part of the sport. I remember how furious I was the day Greg Moore died, that CART continued the race (looking back, I was 18 at the time.....now...the show must go on). I had a coming to Jesus moment at the 500 this year. Mike Conway crashed 100 yards to my left, and it was at that moment, that I didn't care who won, or didn't win.....all I cared about was that he was ok. I wasn't a Conway fan....but these guys and gals do this not only for their personal rush....but for the fans. At Chicagoland, for the first time ever at a race....I said my own little prayer that all these guys come back safe....and I meant it. RIP Paul, Greg, Jeff, Gonzalo, Scotty, Tony and all the others.......
                        Amen...

Comment

Originally posted by Jamski View Post
                          I was in the hospital at the time...racing friends called, they wanted to be the ones to break it to me...Paul had just signed a poster for my son who'd broken his arm in a bike crash...I cried all day.

As I remember, we were both kind of a mess on the phone.

Tough day indeed.
                          ...---...

Comment

If you think about it (or even if you don't), Paul's push for Ethanol eventually resulted in the APEX-Brasil partnership, and the race in Sao Paulo (now the lead-in race for the 500). Not that he could have predicted it, he was focussed on U.S. ethanol production, but still... his initiative has had a major lasting impact on the sport.
                            My guardian angel, she wears a hard hat.

Comment

Originally posted by Oben View Post
                              If you think about it (or even if you don't), Paul's push for Ethanol eventually resulted in the APEX-Brasil partnership, and the race in Sao Paulo (now the lead-in race for the 500). Not that he could have predicted it, he was focussed on U.S. ethanol production, but still... his initiative has had a major lasting impact on the sport.
                              And they still sponsored RHR at Iowa...(probally a different organization, but still the big E was on the car)
                              Proud fan of Helio Castroneves - 4 TIME INDIANAPOLIS 500 Winner 🏆

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X