Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• major sponsor announcement coming

http://media.ibj.com/IBJ/mobile/arti.../article/22561

Great news posted on the IBJ site, sorry if my link doesn't work. Oh, and Anthony, it's the IndyCar series.

I think its gonna be verizon

Comment

Good news

Comment

Originally posted by Eric Stratton View Post
        I think you're right

Comment

Verizon could totally activate this. "The fastest cars, the fastest data network" that sort of thing.

I have no idea why the series once seemed so shy about promoting how fast IndyCars are versus any other race car, but I am super glad that this has changed.

Comment

Originally posted by Eric Stratton View Post
            Official Mobile Serivce of the Indycar Series?

Comment

Fox Communications Limited?
              It's a Hoosier thing, you wouldn't understand...

Comment

Would it be verizon? They have already announced there partnership if im not mistaken
                In the IZOD IndyCar series we're just kids enjoy the thrills in a 200 MPH candy store.

Comment

Does this part:
                  “It will be a category-exclusive deal with mega activation,” said Terry Angstadt, president of IRL’s commercial division. “It will rival the [promotion] done by our series title sponsor, Izod. So it’s very exciting.”

mean that there won't be any of their competitors allowed to sponsor cars in the series...similar to Sprint and Nascar? Does the deal with Sunoco keep places like Shell from sponsoring?

Comment

If indeed it is Verizon, now we're getting somewhere.

They could drop 20 million into the sport without batting an eyelash...and that is what we have needed for a LONG time. They might have been the title sponsor, but i guess "VIRL" really doesn't resonante with fans.

Comment

Originally posted by Justhalc View Post
                      Does this part:
                      “It will be a category-exclusive deal with mega activation,â€‌ said Terry Angstadt, president of IRL’s commercial division. “It will rival the [promotion] done by our series title sponsor, Izod. So it’s very exciting.â€‌

mean that there won't be any of their competitors allowed to sponsor cars in the series...similar to Sprint and Nascar? Does the deal with Sunoco keep places like Shell from sponsoring?

Agreed I'm wondering about that myself
                      I'd rather have 10% of the world interested in the ICS than 50% of US that NASCAR currently has

Comment

Originally posted by THE BEAR View Post
                        If indeed it is Verizon, now we're getting somewhere.

They could drop 20 million into the sport without batting an eyelash...and that is what we have needed for a LONG time. They might have been the title sponsor, but i guess "VIRL" really doesn't resonante with fans.
                        You mean VindyCar. Verizon is already an "Official Sponsor" for IndyCar. http://www.indycar.com/default/content/34236-sponsors/ I guess it will expand beyond that?
                        Gregg Sebald

Comment

Wal-Mart turned down Jeff Gordon to sponsor Indycar.. The Official Supermarket of the Indycar Series?

Comment

Peak hasn't kept Mobile1 off of Penske's cars. I think it is ironic that these big brands sponsoring NASCAR don't want competition.

Originally posted by TimmyZ1 View Post
                            Agreed I'm wondering about that myself

Comment

Originally posted by Justhalc View Post
                              Does this part:
                              “It will be a category-exclusive deal with mega activation,” said Terry Angstadt, president of IRL’s commercial division. “It will rival the [promotion] done by our series title sponsor, Izod. So it’s very exciting.”

Shell has already been announced as an associate sponser for the Penske cars.

IMO exclusivity deals are counter productive and bad for the sport. For one it eliminates other potential sponsers. Second competition is good. You have built in rivalries as well. In Nascar when you have the Home Depot car out there battling with the Lowe's car the fans take notice. Say Verizon sticks with Will Power and AT&T becomes the sponser of Graham Rahal in the third Ganasi car (I am making that up, I have no inside knowledge) and those two are out there battling week in and week out there are your story lines RB is looking for. The drivers could be best friends but when the Verizon car and AT&T car are out there dueling on a regular basis you have a good rivalry that creates interest from fans, sponsers, media.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X