Final act of unification?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Final act of unification?

Did IZOD purposely design the new IICS Championship Trophy to give us something we can all hate equally? Let your voice be heard.
    the ugliest thing since the Delta Wing
    37.01%
    an amazing work of art, I must have one!
    15.75%
    for sale on ebay in two weeks
    7.09%
    a cruel joke
    31.50%
    missing a cup holder
    8.66%
    the man in expensive shoes

Sure seems like it. I try to accentuate the positive, but man that thing is an abomination.
    "George Bignotti's Sinmast Wildcat (Designed by Bob Riley); delicately built, carefully prepared and boldly driven by Gordon Johncock." -- Keith Jackson

Comment

Yep, it couldn't be much uglier!
      Have a very blessed day!

Comment

Why should it matter? If you look at the Borg Warner and the figure waving the flag.... Is it really all that different? Secondly, it's a trophy. You really think the public can remember what a trophy looks like in detail?? And do they really care? I say "no".

It's what it represents that counts. Oh, are they going to bulldoze Barber because of this? Have you complained to Barber about their art work. If so, I would like to see you e-mails. It's a trophy.... geez.

Take a look at the Indy 500 trophy and this new trophy. What makes one better than the other?
        Get your head out of your past!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Grinder-Tank View Post
          You really think the public can remember what a trophy looks like in detail??
          Sure. I can tell you what the trophy looks like for most major sports/events.
          And do they really care? I say "no".
          Probably not, but my favorite sports memory will likely always be seeing Peyton hoist the Lombardi trophy over his head with his right hand. It's clear as day in my head.

It's a trophy.... geez... you guys are crazy.
          I've got to agree with this, though. This definitely isn't something people should be getting too worked up over. I would guess they'll return to something more traditional next year.

Comment

Originally posted by Gomer Simpson View Post
            Sure. I can tell you what the trophy looks like for most major sports/events. Probably not, but my favorite sports memory will likely always be seeing Peyton hoist the Lombardi trophy over his head with his right hand. It's clear as day in my head.

I've got to agree with this, though. This definitely isn't something people should be getting too worked up over. I would guess they'll return to something more traditional next year.

Then I say let's move on. It needs adjustment but it's not the end of the world.
            Get your head out of your past!!!

Comment

Yep. Please. Really
              "Each day well lived makes every yesterday a dream of happiness and every tomorrow a vision of hope. Look well therefore to this one day for it, and it alone, is life"
              ~ Sanskrit poem attributed to Kalidasa, "Salutation to the Dawn"

Brian's Wish

Comment

It is odd, But I think it is one of those things 50 years from now we will think is totally cool.
                "I would like to be able to admire a person's opinions as I would their dog - without being expected to take it home with me." ---- Frank A. Clark
                " it only makes sense for the world's most prestigious fried chicken to pair up with the world's most prestigious watch brand" ---D. Byrd

Comment

Originally posted by Grinder-Tank View Post

Take a look at the Indy 500 trophy and this new trophy. What makes one better than the other?
                  I just punched in borg warner trophy to google images...I clicked on a pic of buddy rice on the bricks with the trophy

one of my 14 year old boys walked in said....."whoa, thats cool"....I asked what was cool....he said 'that big TROPHY'

so I said let me show you something and you tell me what you think.....so i punched up the new 'trophy'.... his response....'what is it? a superhero?'

*thats the difference.....thats what makes one better than the other....one is clearly a spectacular trophy, the other no one is entirely sure WTF it is

Comment

Originally posted by Formula Indy View Post
                    It is odd, But I think it is one of those things 50 years from now we will think is totally cool.

no way that thing is around in 50 years......

Comment

Originally posted by Ken View Post
                      I just punched in borg warner trophy to google images...I clicked on a pic of buddy rice on the bricks with the trophy

one of my 14 year old boys walked in said....."whoa, thats cool"....I asked what was cool....he said 'that big TROPHY'
                      Your son is 14 and he just now learned what is the Borg Warner trophy? What kind of parent are you?

:tsk:

-cap:kk:tg

Comment

I could care less. I don't have to have it on my mantle. And, the winner will be proud of it.

Comment

Originally posted by NoviVespa View Post
                          I could care less.
                          How much less?
                          "I would really like to go to NASCAR. I really enjoy NASCAR and if I could be there in a couple of years that's where I'd want to be." - Jeff Gordon (after testing a Formula Super Vee)

Comment

I really doubt unification had anything to do with that. It's an ugly trophy which needs some work. IMHO it does not represent the IIRC. However, having said that, the future looks bright,, unified!

Comment

Well, I just saw it for the first time. It was hard finding a picture of it on the web. IMHO It's really bad!! I don't see how that represents the Izod IndyCar Series... maybe I just don't get it.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X