New Teams and Drivers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Teams and Drivers

Read in another post that RB was talking to a couple teams about joining the Indycar Series. It made me think of existing teams that may come back due to TG not running things and/or other factors... Here is a few of them that may be the ones who are talking, and the ones that aren't, can anyone shed any light on them?

Galles Racing
    Fernandez Racing
    Highcroft Patron Racing
    Dick Simon Racing
    Mo Nunn Racing
    Walker Racing
    Forsythe Racing
    Rahal Letterman Racing
    Team Green Racing
    Team Menard Racing
    Patrick Racing
    Rocketsport Racing (RuSport)
    Jensen MotorSport
    Pacific Coast Motorsports
    Bradley Motorsports
    PDM Racing
    Hemelgarn Racing
    Cheever Racing
    Beck Motorsports (Team 3G)
    Cahill Racing
    Sam Schmidt Motorsports

Could Lannigan re-start Mi-Jack Racing?

Just starting conversation and debate...

In his interview with Mike King, he said something like 8 or 9 teams that have expressed interest in getting in, and that was in response to a question about car counts for next year.
    My guardian angel, she wears a hard hat.

Comment

It's a pipe dream to think anybody is going to join this series in 2011 a year before the new car. It makes absolutely no financial sense.
      "Try some of these before or after your statements if you are not presenting them as facts. Things like - "In my opinion", or "I think that", JHMO, IMHO, IMO, JMO... Your opinions are not (necessarily) fact. That would clear things up some." - Seadog 03/25/2010 11:40am So the above is JMO.

Comment

Originally posted by INDY500FAN13 View Post
        Read in another post that RB was talking to a couple teams about joining the Indycar Series. It made me think of existing teams that may come back due to TG not running things and/or other factors... Here is a few of them that may be the ones who are talking, and the ones that aren't, can anyone shed any light on them?

Just starting conversation and debate...
        Galles Racing <---- No money and no equipment
        Fernandez Racing <---- ALMS racing, not coming back
        Highcroft Patron Racing <---- Staying in ALMS according to SPeed Report a few weeks ago
        Dick Simon Racing <----- Out of racing all together last I heard
        Mo Nunn Racing <----- Retired
        Walker Racing <------ Nothing planned for 2011
        Forsythe Racing <------ Never coming back
        Rahal Letterman Racing <------ Very possible but likely a one off for Indy
        Team Green Racing <------ Done with racing
        Team Menard Racing <------ Son is in NASCAR, no reason to come back to Indycars
        Patrick Racing <------ Been out of racing for years
        Rocketsport Racing (RuSport)<- Parked cars, doubtful they will ever return
        Jensen MotorSport <------ no idea
        Pacific Coast Motorsports <----- Bankrupt and sold out (if memory serves me right)
        Bradley Motorsports <------ IRL original and done for many years.
        PDM Racing <------ Were in USAC Silver Crown series but even that has ended
        Hemelgarn Racing <------ Went to USAC Silver Crown series, ended all Indycar team operations
        Cheever Racing <------ Gone from racing altogether
        Beck Motorsports (Team 3G) <-- Done with racing after the Stanton Barrett experiment
        Cahill Racing <------ Questionable owner, not coming back to any openwheel series
        Sam Schmidt Motorsports <----- Firestone Indy lights team, one off's only

Comment

The reason for the increased interest by prospective owners for the 2011 season is that the "TEAM" money and the State subsidy slated for 2012 will be based on who participates full season in 2011.

Owners who are interested in participating in 2012 when the sexy new cars and twin-turbo engines debut know it will be much cheaper for them in the long run if they get onboard in 2011.

Originally posted by gonzo View Post
          It's a pipe dream to think anybody is going to join this series in 2011 a year before the new car. It makes absolutely no financial sense.

Comment

Originally posted by Buellboy View Post
            based on who participates full season in 2011.
            Is that fact? Cause that doesn't make much sense. Spend absurd amounts of money buying equipment that will become obsolete in one year so you can save a bit of money in 2012. Doesn't make much sense to me. Does it to you?
            "Try some of these before or after your statements if you are not presenting them as facts. Things like - "In my opinion", or "I think that", JHMO, IMHO, IMO, JMO... Your opinions are not (necessarily) fact. That would clear things up some." - Seadog 03/25/2010 11:40am So the above is JMO.

Comment

Is that fact? Cause that doesn't make much sense. Spend absurd amounts of money buying equipment that will become obsolete in one year so you can save a bit of money in 2012. Doesn't make much sense to me. Does it to you?
              You would already have a Rig, Tires, and Fuel... Thats pretty expensive...

Comment

It's all about the TEAM money and the State subsidy. There will only be X amount of spots on the grid eligible to receive this money.

Comment

Used chassis will never be cheaper than they will be next season. Engines are leased. Everything else can continue to be used.

Comment

Bring them on then.

Comment

Maybe it makes no sense to you. I wold think actual teams know what makes sense and what doesn't. And besides if it didn't why would they be going to him? He said they have come to him. There have also been reports from other people of teams talking with IndyCar so this isn't RB blowing smoke.
                      Skypigeon "If you're not on the bus, don't whine about the direction it's going."

Comment

Originally posted by The Stickman View Post
                        Maybe it makes no sense to you. I wold think actual teams know what makes sense and what doesn't. And besides if it didn't why would they be going to him? He said they have come to him. There have also been reports from other people of teams talking with IndyCar so this isn't RB blowing smoke.
                        How could it possibly make sense to them when nobody knows how much things cost yet for 2012? You tell me, you are a new team trying to decide whether to enter in 2011 or hold off for 2012. You have no idea how much 2012 is going to cost. How do you budget and make the decision to know if it is cost effective or not to buy equipment for 2011 with the hopes of the subsidies offsetting your 2011 costs versus just sitting out and waiting for 2012.

Maybe it ends up being cheaper to join in 2012. How can anybody know. Yet this makes sense to you.

Comment

when does racing make financial sense? oh I know,, when the driver pays for all the losses,,,,,,,,,
                          I love the sport more than I hate the past,

Comment

How could it possibly make sense to them when nobody knows how much things cost yet for 2012? You tell me, you are a new team trying to decide whether to enter in 2011 or hold off for 2012. You have no idea how much 2012 is going to cost. How do you budget and make the decision to know if it is cost effective or not to buy equipment for 2011 with the hopes of the subsidies offsetting your 2011 costs versus just sitting out and waiting for 2012.

Maybe it ends up being cheaper to join in 2012. How can anybody know. Yet this makes sense to you.
                            I don't claim to know that they can or can't. Just that they know better than you or I and they are the ones approaching RB about coming into the series. So it must make some sense to them otherwise why wast the effort.
                            Skypigeon "If you're not on the bus, don't whine about the direction it's going."

Comment

The engine leases, aero-kit cost cap, and Dallara safety cell price have all been published publically. I think Honda's quote for the engine lease was based on their being a sole supplier in 2012 so that number could change but for the most part if you are in the racing biz you probably have a good idea of what your costs are. I expect the new interest is from owners competing in other racing diciplines so perhaps much of the team infrastructure is already in place under that scenario.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X