• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Championship Trophy

Well, that's different.

http://indycar.com/var/photos/182020/FULL.jpg

http://indycar.com/news/show/55-izod...-body-of-work/

Forget the trophies... Good Lord did you see those women?! Thank you IZOD!

Comment

Speed has never killed anyone, suddenly becoming stationary… that's what gets you.

http://twitter.com/WhateverJoel

Comment

yeah - i missed the trophies totally - where are they?

Every race I run in is in preparation for the Indianapolis 500. Indy is the most important thing in my life. It is what I live for. - Al Unser Jr.

Everything I ever wanted in my life, I found inside the walls of the Indianapolis Motor Speedway. - Eddie Sachs.

Comment

Well putting in some bikini girls to distract from the ugly trophy only works if your interested in that sort of thing. Seriously that trophy looks like Dr.Doom riding a unicycle.
          "Ninety-two years ago [the Indy 500] was probably like any other race," said 2005 winner Dan Wheldon. "But over time it's just created so many storylines and history for people of our generation that now it's just massive. People value that history and tradition and you just can't take that away."

Comment

Originally posted by Refutation View Post
            Seriously that trophy looks like Dr.Doom riding a unicycle.
            At first I didn't quite like the trophy. Now after I read this post now it looks kinda cool.

Still prefer either the Vandy or an updated PPG trophy.

....this is the same guy who's done the sculptures and trophies for Barber Motorsports Park?

Comment

The wood base looks cheap... needs to be all silver/gold.

I do like the idea of the sculpture on top, but the unicycle wheel is a bit much.

Comment

Keep the girls and the surfboards. The sound you hear is Larry O'Brien, Lord Stanley and Vince Lombardi chuckling. Black flag those trophies and start over.
                "You can't arrest those guys, they're folk heroes"
                "They're criminals"
                "Well most folk heroes started out as criminals"

Comment

Is that the silver surfer... or the pewter peddler on top?

Comment

That has to be the tackiest cheapest looking championship trophy I've ever seen from a supposedly 'world class' competition series!

And the surfboards for Dario and Will and the other trophies are tacky too, as is the 'eye candy' splashed all over the background!

Comment

" Well, isn't that special? "
                      The only function of economic forecasting is to make astrology look respectable : John Kenneth Galbraith

Comment

The girls are nice, but that trophy is one F-'d up ugly looking P.O.S
                        Frankly, I liked the old PPG Cup trophy from way back when http://www.newman-haas.com/source/ph...elandretti.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by sadler21 View Post
                          Is that the silver surfer... or the pewter peddler on top?
                          Neither.

It's the Wacky Wheeler!

Is this thing really the best they could do? We should all chip in and
                          buy that poor fellow another wheel, a frame and some handlebars.
                          "I would really like to go to NASCAR. I really enjoy NASCAR and if I could be there in a couple of years that's where I'd want to be." - Jeff Gordon (after testing a Formula Super Vee)

Comment

"Ninety-two years ago [the Indy 500] was probably like any other race," said 2005 winner Dan Wheldon. "But over time it's just created so many storylines and history for people of our generation that now it's just massive. People value that history and tradition and you just can't take that away."

Comment

Apparently, the championship trophy statue is based on these statues at Barber Motorsports Park:

http://media.photobucket.com/image/b..._Barber35x.jpg
                              Tony Johns
                              PopOffValve.com - a greasy tenderloin of IndyCar goodness!
                              "DON'T THINK TRITE!" - The Unions (Miss ya, Earl.)

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X