IndyCar Weekly for 9/27/10

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IndyCar Weekly for 9/27/10

This is the podcast of MK's radio show. The first two segments are interviews with Will Power and Dario Franchitti. Then, at 00:26:28, is an interview with Randy Bernard, which I thought was pretty interesting and worth a listen.

http://media.indycar.com/radio/irwee...podcast48k.mp3

Edit: RB interview topics include:

- Motegi broadcast slot
    - Accomplishments
    - Comcast/NBC
    - Season Finale status
    - Car counts
    - Indy Lights and ladder system
    - USAC to IICS opportunity
    - Legitimacy
    - Off-season announcements
    Last edited by Oben; 09-28-2010, 04:01 PM.
    My guardian angel, she wears a hard hat.

Bumping this up because I edited to add RB interview topics.

Comment

Listened. This guy really gets it. His strategy for the ladder system is impressive.
      "If your car was a dog, then you had to figure it out and test your own limits. And we didn't go to a wind tunnel – we did it in the first turn at Indianapolis."

Comment

Originally posted by Grizzlor View Post
        Listened. This guy really gets it. His strategy for the ladder system is impressive.
        Yeah, I appreciated his "As CEO, it's embarrassing" remark regarding the MazdaSPEED champion not coming to lights. He stopped short of reaming Mazda a new one, but obviously not happy. Of course, Lights is not the most attractive proposition these days.

I like it that he says if you want to say you are the best, you have to be the best, and that means getting the best drivers. And he's not willing to back down on the point. He fully intends to keep saying that IndyCar drivers are the best, that's the marketing message, and he wants it to be real. RB is not a friend of the ride buyer. He thinks seats should be earned, not bought.

Proof's in the pudding, of course.

I think this might be the best interview he's given. Lot's of interesting stuff. There's very little he won't talk about, and he doesn't BS.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X