Marketing Idea - Facebook

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Marketing Idea - Facebook

Here's a simple social media marketing idea. IndyCar produces a 30-second promo for each race located on their site and/or youtube. Fans post the link/video in their status and immediately reach out to thousands of potentially new fans every week.

Post it on TrackForum every week as a reminder to fans to post on their FB site.

Simple and Effective !!!

Pretty much already happens. Not necessarily 30 second promos but I follow and post regarding IndyCar often.
    "There are two ways to conquer and enslave a nation. One is by the sword. The other is by debt." John Adams 1826
    Nostalgia isn't what it used to be.
    www.fairtax.org

Comment

Facebook, yeah right, that will cure all the problems that IndyCar currently has!

Comment

Originally posted by CAgremlin2 View Post
        Facebook, yeah right, that will cure all the problems that IndyCar currently has!
        Couldn't hurt, since the one big problem causing all the other problems is a lack of informed fans

BTW, there's a Facebook page for TF, too Every new race thread that vandele does gets posted, along with the more popular IndyCar threads based on views...

http://www.facebook.com/pages/TrackForumcom/65742728051
        Last edited by Turn13; 09-29-2010, 04:05 AM.
        "Each day well lived makes every yesterday a dream of happiness and every tomorrow a vision of hope. Look well therefore to this one day for it, and it alone, is life"
        ~ Sanskrit poem attributed to Kalidasa, "Salutation to the Dawn"

Brian's Wish

Comment

Oh my gosh. You are sooo smart. That's exactly right. IndyCar shouldn't do small promotional things at all. There is obviously one big giant thing that will make it all better. If you haven't caught my sarcasm by now well than you really are as dumb as your comment. The Facebook idea is actually really good. You try to get fans and to project your product at every level. Facebook may not fix it completely, but I sure know whatever fixes come to IndyCar they sure won't be from you.
          To do something well is so worthwhile that to die trying to do it better cannot be foolhardy. - Bruce McLaren

Josef Newgarden 2 James Hinchcliffe 5 Conor Daly ?
          ATLANTA UNITED FC |||||
          #ParkedIt

Comment

And your solution is?

Oh right, you probably don't have one.
            Insert something witty here. I don't care.

Comment

Originally posted by Jimmy_22 View Post
              Here's a simple social media marketing idea. IndyCar produces a 30-second promo for each race located on their site and/or youtube. Fans post the link/video in their status and immediately reach out to thousands of potentially new fans every week.

Post it on TrackForum every week as a reminder to fans to post on their FB site.

Simple and Effective !!!
              I would certainly do it.

Comment

Originally posted by Joonyah View Post
                And your solution is?

Oh right, you probably don't have one.
                Being an a-hole is easier.

Comment

Facebook is great...I can say what I want without all the oh sooo informed people from around here telling me Im wrong.
                  So there! na na na na na na LOL

Comment

FB does have a "like" for TrackForum and IndyCar, which I'm on - but that's for those that are already fans.

I'm thinking this would be more of a grassroots effort to "push" info to all your other "friends". Maybe a few watch the video and then watch the race. Maybe they like it, and start spreading the word via a video "push". Somewhat of a pyramid approach, and so on.....

Comment

Using Facebook as a marketing vehicle for IndyCar is something that can be tried but expecting any results is foolhearty. If you're on FB try a simple experiment, search for it. I do every now and then. You'll discover that in comparison to thousands of other subjects, sports or otherwise, just as is reflected in attendance and TV ratings for the races, there aren't many people interested. Not that many people in the not very many groups, not very many pages about any aspect of the sport. And remember all you have to do is click on a button to 'like' something or join a group that interests you and the numbers still aren't there.
                      "You can't arrest those guys, they're folk heroes"
                      "They're criminals"
                      "Well most folk heroes started out as criminals"

Comment

Originally posted by Z28 View Post
                        Using Facebook as a marketing vehicle for IndyCar is something that can be tried but expecting any results is foolhearty. If you're on FB try a simple experiment, search for it. I do every now and then. You'll discover that in comparison to thousands of other subjects, sports or otherwise, just as is reflected in attendance and TV ratings for the races, there aren't many people interested. Not that many people in the not very many groups, not very many pages about any aspect of the sport. And remember all you have to do is click on a button to 'like' something or join a group that interests you and the numbers still aren't there.
                        Good points, but I think the searching you're referring to is to see who is already a fan. I'm suggesting trying something to attact new fans through simple exposure.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X