Conquest Racing to run Sebastien Saavedra at season finale

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Conquest Racing to run Sebastien Saavedra at season finale

"INDIANAPOLIS (September 27, 2010) – Conquest Racing will have another rookie among its team when it takes on the season finale at Homestead-Miami Speedway October 2 with Sebastien Saavedra taking over driving duties of the #36 Conquest Racing machine. ..."

according to facebook..........

It's on the IndyCar site as well. I don't think anyone is surprised by this announcement. Sadly Conquest has been operating from one pay driver to the next for quite some time. I guess whatever it takes to keep the shop door open...
    Faster...Faster...Faster...I know it, you know it, that's all that matters!

Comment

This is going to pack the fans in
      Indy, Cleveland, Mid-Ohio, Pocono, Michigan, Long Beach, Watkins Glen, Kentucky, Milwaukee, Road America, Iowa, Gateway, IRP - 70

Comment

He's no Bertrand Baguette....

(Go Breadman!)
        IndyCar Advocate: A blog about enjoying the best sport in the world! Stop on by!
        --
        On Twitter as @indycaradvocate

Comment

Shamelessly ripped off from Twitter:

Saavedra will inform the team after the first practice session whether he will complete the weekend for them.
          Manus haec inimica tyrannis ense petit placidam sub libertate quietem.

Comment

http://www.popoffvalve.com/2010/9/24...e-competing-at
            So this is with a partnership with Walker Racing. I wonder if this is a sign of things to come between Saavedra and Walker racing? HMMMMMM?????
            To do something well is so worthwhile that to die trying to do it better cannot be foolhardy. - Bruce McLaren

Josef Newgarden 2 James Hinchcliffe 5 Conor Daly ?
            ATLANTA UNITED FC |||||
            #ParkedIt

Comment

So this is with a partnership with Walker Racing. I wonder if this is a sign of things to come between Saavedra and Walker racing? HMMMMMM?????
              Boy I sure hope so. We need guys like Saavedra in the series. Guys that got here through hardwork and not Family money. Guys that the fans can relate to. Guys that are loyal to a fault to their team and its members. Guys like Saavedra
              Tara was the name of our cat.

Comment

Originally posted by MikaF1fan View Post
                I thought there was already some kind of merger between Walker Racing and Greg Beck for 2011???

Comment

So Saavedra is racing Conquest......that means Bia in at DRR?

Comment

Who cares, what a f****** joke this "sport" has become...

Comment

Originally posted by drewdawg727 View Post
                      So Saavedra is racing Conquest......that means Bia in at DRR?
                      That had already been announced a few days ago.

Comment

Originally posted by MikaF1fan View Post
                        That's one of Saavedra's options, from what I understand. Walker is "managing" him right now, and while that's not as clear as many would like it to be it definitely does open up that avenue for 2011.

True story: Saavedra called in to Motores RCN, a Colombian radio program, to make the announcement. After he made the initial announcement, the host asked a followup question and got silence. Turns out Saavedra had accidentally hung up on the DJ.
                        Tony Johns
                        PopOffValve.com - a greasy tenderloin of IndyCar goodness!
                        "DON'T THINK TRITE!" - The Unions (Miss ya, Earl.)

Comment

Originally posted by Vic Mackey View Post
                          That had already been announced a few days ago.
                          *looks around* ...where was I?

Comment

Good Job Sabs. You know how to play the game. People complain that there isn't american drivers in the series, well until they can play the game, meaning bring the money to the table instead of waiting by the phone, there won't be. JR and some you others should be taking notes. Look at Graham, he spent the first part of the season after his right at NHL fell apart looking for sponsors for 2011 and we are starting where his efforts are landing him.
                            In the IZOD IndyCar series we're just kids enjoy the thrills in a 200 MPH candy store.

Comment

Originally posted by mcman7890 View Post
                              Good Job Sabs. You know how to play the game. People complain that there isn't american drivers in the series, well until they can play the game, meaning bring the money to the table instead of waiting by the phone, there won't be. JR and some you others should be taking notes. Look at Graham, he spent the first part of the season after his right at NHL fell apart looking for sponsors for 2011 and we are starting where his efforts are landing him.
                              And people wonder why Indycar doesn't have more fans...

People want to see the best drivers, not who brought the biggest check...
                              Chicago Blackhawks done didn't do it again!

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X