Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Murphy says Sarah Fisher will retire after Homestead

http://murphythebear.com/blog/index.php/2010/09/25/903/
    "If your car was a dog, then you had to figure it out and test your own limits. And we didn't go to a wind tunnel – we did it in the first turn at Indianapolis."

To be replaced by Jacques Villeneuve?
    Last edited by lotuspoweredbyford; 09-26-2010, 12:14 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by lotuspoweredbyford View Post
      To be replaced by Jacques Villeneuve?
      THAT would be cool, but I wouldn't want to wish SFR equipment on anybody until maybe 2012.

(BTW: I don't believe the Sarah retiring part....maybe in two years.)

Comment

"Murphy says Sarah Fisher will retire after Homestead"

Quite possibly a very astute decision.
        Her ontrack performance has left a lot to be desired
        and the on again off again particpation does little for
        fans or supporters.
        Dale Manus

Comment

I don't know. I started thinking she may retire a lot sooner than later when during an interview she said she actually considered putting Rahal in the car for Indy this past year if he was still looking for a ride. I would love to see her build that team up into a competitive ride, and that probably stands a greater chance of happening quicker if she steps out and concentrates fully on the business side. And I would think all the road courses factor into this decision as well. She did the right thing stepping out of the car this year at the road courses, and I would see that trend continuing even if she does not fully retire.

Comment

Good choice. I like her as a team owner and can respect her passion for staying in the league in some capacity. But in all honesty, as a driver she's been one of the worst I've ever seen over a lot of years. Retiring healthy with your own team is a good thing to do.

Comment

Originally posted by fleshwound_NPG View Post
              THAT would be cool, but I wouldn't want to wish SFR equipment on anybody until maybe 2012.
              It would be great, but I was being sarcastic actually, after the earlier "report" from that same "source" that Villeneuve was taking over Newman-Haas.

Comment

It would be great, but I was being sarcastic actually, after the earlier "report" from that same "source" that Villeneuve was taking over Newman-Haas.
                Yea, I figured. Nobody's tripping over themselves for Sarah's car.

Jack at NHR would make more sense....but I still don't totally see him going back to IndyCar.

Comment

My guess is that SFR will run the 67 car full time next year with Howard and Sarah will drive a 2nd car at Indy

Comment

Not sure. We'll just have to see in the next week.

If she does retire, I don't think she'll be racing any next year.
                    My Twitter Profile (feel free to follow): www.twitter.com/3Paige14

My Blog: http://femaleindycarfan.blogspot.com/

Proud Supporter of Helio Castroneves, Simon Pagenaud, Tony Stewart, AJ Allmendinger, and Meyer Shank Racing + Many Others in the Motorsports World

Lionheart and Badass Forever

Comment

If true and she does retire it wouldn't be a surprise; in an interview with ESPN 2 years ago she mentioned she wanted to start a family soon.
                      Grab Bag Sports - Sports News & Analysis Guaranteed to raise your IQ or your money back!

Comment

Originally posted by millrace View Post
                        Good choice. I like her as a team owner and can respect her passion for staying in the league in some capacity. But in all honesty, as a driver she's been one of the worst I've ever seen over a lot of years. Retiring healthy with your own team is a good thing to do.
                        You must not have seen her in her early days with Walker. She had a lot of potential. Unfortunately she spent what should have been the formative years of her career bouncing around because she couldn't find a decent ride. It's a shame really; I think she could have accomplished more than Danica has.

Comment

Since I don't keep up with bear dropings that's the first I've heard of that. I take 'taking over' to mean buying the team not geting a ride. IF Barry Green is still acting as JV's manager and was looking to get back in the team owner role, coupled with Lanigan leaving the NHL organixation and mentions of Carl Haas' health beig poor, then it could make some sense. Of course if you factor in that BG and JV would require actual money to move to Lincolnshire, IL. then it's just a good rumor.

For Sarah Fisher, she may feel that she has built an organization that could move up with the funding they hae with a more talented driver. She may have spoken to sponsors who like the team and could use her as owner in marketing campaigns but feel someone else could get more onthe track.

What this particular rumor could be is a sorry attempt to be first to predict something that is inevitable. Sarah has said she will at some point move into a full time owner role, maybe the Bear just wants to make the call and hope the reality matches his prediction this year.
                          "You can't arrest those guys, they're folk heroes"
                          "They're criminals"
                          "Well most folk heroes started out as criminals"

Comment

Originally posted by cornutt View Post
                            You must not have seen her in her early days with Walker. She had a lot of potential. Unfortunately she spent what should have been the formative years of her career bouncing around because she couldn't find a decent ride. It's a shame really; I think she could have accomplished more than Danica has.
                            I saw her. She has had a handful of decent races including a 2nd and 3rd place. But her highest season finish in 10-11 seasons in Indycar is 17th. I don't see what there is to argue. I can think of worse drivers, but I can't think of any in a long time that hav raced 11 seasons with such paltry results.

And its not to be mean. I like her. She is a respectable young lady with a great humility and rapor with the fans. I'm just saying fair is fair when it comes to evaluating drivers. Can you imagine how Baguette would be ripped if he went 11 seasons below 17th place?

Comment

Originally posted by cornutt View Post
                              Couldn't agree with that more. They brought her to indycars after she had won only 5 NAMARS midget races. Now, NAMARS
                              was no slouch of a series back then, but it wasn't the equal of USAC and she hadn't won in
                              USAC yet. She needed another couple of years of running 60+ races in midgets and sprints developing her racecraft.
                              Based on what I saw of her early midget career, I sincerely believe she would have been a USAC winner. Then she needed
                              at least a year in the pro series before attempting an indycar. Her early career was so badly mismanaged that she
                              has struggeled to recover. Sarah has alot of talent. It just wasn't developed properly.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X