Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comcast take over of NBC to be final by end of this year....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comcast take over of NBC to be final by end of this year....

http://www.slashgear.com/jeffrey-zuc...izes-24104212/

according to this article. Could INDYCar be on NBC Sports Channel in 2011?
    the man in expensive shoes

Originally posted by numrounofan View Post
    http://www.slashgear.com/jeffrey-zuc...izes-24104212/

according to this article. Could INDYCar be on NBC Sports Channel in 2011?
    Comcast is taking over NBC Universal

Comment

Originally posted by Luigi View Post
      Comcast is taking over NBC Universal
      true, but I'm not expecting an INDYCar ride at their park in Orlando.....
      the man in expensive shoes

Comment

I doubt Versus will be renamed the NBC Sports channel by 2011. First thing they need to work on is getting Versus moved up on providers line-ups.
        Speed has never killed anyone, suddenly becoming stationary… that's what gets you.

http://twitter.com/WhateverJoel

Comment

One thing you can absolutely count on: Comcast will do whatever maximizes profits for Comcast. Frankly, I don't see the current Izod IndyCar Series ratings giving it any stroke with Comcast whatsoever.

Comment

Originally posted by Indy-hp View Post
            One thing you can absolutely count on: Comcast will do whatever maximizes profits for Comcast. Frankly, I don't see the current Izod IndyCar Series ratings giving it any stroke with Comcast whatsoever.
            Unfortunately I think you're right, but that's not entirely IndyCar's fault. Versus ratings stink for every sport.
            "If your car was a dog, then you had to figure it out and test your own limits. And we didn't go to a wind tunnel – we did it in the first turn at Indianapolis."

Comment

Originally posted by jcmark611 View Post
              I doubt Versus will be renamed the NBC Sports channel by 2011. First thing they need to work on is getting Versus moved up on providers line-ups.
              Why? In many places, they won't even put it on their own system as a main channel. To get it on my home Comcast system north of Indy, I whould have had to be on their top tier billing. They were rapidly deleating basic channels, raising the rate, and refused to put Versus as a replacement. If they had used their own resources like they did in Marion County, I would still be a customer. Now a DirecTV subscriber. Doubtful I will ever send a dime to Comcast ever again. Why would they want to pressure other systems to do something they won't do on their own system?
              Witnessed Mario's "Miracle at Indy"...Watched 3 win their 4th Indy 500...Was there for Petty's 200th win...Saw the last Novi qualify

Comment

One name to watch... Jeff Shell. The question will be if he is willing to take a slot under Ebersol or not...

Now that Zuck has gone public, 'some' predict it will be Greenblatt instead of Harbert for the top desk at the Net... I just hope they keep Capus in place at the news division... and I'd be willing to bet that Meyer might be given a temporary reprieve at Universal...

But what the heck do I know...

Oh... "anytime, anywhere TV"... gonna be the next big push.
                Last edited by use2know; 09-25-2010, 08:21 PM. Reason: spelling

Comment

Great, now we'll see tiling on NBC, CNBC etc as we've been continually subjected to on CSN and VS.
                  Katharine's Legge is in the gravel!--Jenks

__________________________________________________ ____________________
                  12-7-1941 Never, Never Forget 9-11-2001

Comment

Huh, I read something just the other day that said they thought it would be closer to the end of the 1st quarter in 2011 before the deal would be finalized.

Comment

Originally posted by use2know View Post
                      But what the heck do I know...

Seems to me the broadcast TV "world" is entering a period analagous to where the music world ended up between Napster and iTunes ...

How do you control (or own) "content" when it can suddenly appear almost anywhere in the world ...

My g/f (she and I are over 60) was pretty much a "standard" TV viewer. She watched network based programming when it was broadcast just a few years ago. Then I bought her a TiVo. At first, she didn't quite "get" the idea that you could use a TiVo/DVR to time shift shows to when you want to watch them. But she caught on ... and eventually came to accept that there was nothing wrong watching a show on Wednesday that was broadcast on Monday.

But she was still tied to the TV. Her idea of "watching TV" was to sit down in front of her TV and watch a maybe time shifted show.

Then I showed her Hulu and other sources of programming .... and she began to understand that an internet connection could open up a whole new source of programming ... but she was still tied to her home PC or TV to see the shows.

We won't even get into how her Kindle has changed her attitude about technology .... the idea that she could purchase books from her commuter train in California, or sitting in a hotel room in Australia, has been a big step in her belief in the benefits of our "new" technologies.

Now, she has a Samsung Galaxy S "Droid" cell phone ( a recent b'day present) and has discovered that she has access to data/video/information wherever and whenever she wants/needs it. When a friend recently mentioned the "controversy" about Katie Perry and Sesame Street, she was able to almost instantly access the video, and decide what she thought of the "issue".

When old people like us are seeing whole new ways to receive video and other data ... companies like CBS and NBC had better completely re-think their strategies.

Comment

BadazzZ06, dude, that is by far the most insightful post you've put on this forum.
                        "I didn't hear a single comment about airboxes, "carbashians", or how terrible the car looked. I did see dozens and dozens of little kids in awe of the speed and how cool the cars looked. We should learn from our children."
                        --Danny Noonan

Comment

Wasn't it stated that the IICS has a network exclusive deal with ABC/ESPN?
                          Proud fan of Helio Castroneves - 4 TIME INDIANAPOLIS 500 Winner 🏆

Comment

Originally posted by use2know View Post
                            I can easily see that happening, but I think that live sports broadcasting will be the exception. Sports are one thing that most people will continue to watch live or near live. This will make them even more valuable as TV properties...not that this will help the IICS much.

Comment

Originally posted by Mearsfan53081 View Post
                              Wasn't it stated that the IICS has a network exclusive deal with ABC/ESPN?
                              No indycar race can be broadcast on any other network channel until the ABC contract ends in 2 years.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X