• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Danica Patrick--6th Place

She finished in the top ten.

http://www.comcast.net/articles/spor...ASCAR-Patrick/

--

That's what I call improvement!
    "I love Indianapolis. I love the people. I love everything about it....the tradition, the history." - Dan Wheldon

Comment

I almost got excited, thought this was an Indy Car result, then realized it was just posted in the wrong forum.
      If you don't stand behind our troops, PLEASE, feel free to stand in front of them.

Jesus Saves! Passes to Noah.....He shoots, he scores!

Comment

Just to note, this was the NASCAR K&N Pro Series East. The Sunoco 150 will air on SPEED on Thursday, Oct. 7 at 6 p.m. ET.
        Other names of note: Darrell Wallace, Kevin Swindell, Ryan Truex, Corey LaJoie
        BAN SHREDDED CHEESE! MAKE AMERICA GRATE AGAIN!

Comment

Originally posted by logjammer View Post
          I almost got excited, thought this was an Indy Car result, then realized it was just posted in the wrong forum.
          I would say this is the right forum, it is about IndyCar driver Danica Patrick. Or, did you forget to add the smiley?

Comment

She ran 6th in NASCAR's version of A ball.
            "If your car was a dog, then you had to figure it out and test your own limits. And we didn't go to a wind tunnel – we did it in the first turn at Indianapolis."

Comment

Great news. She is building her self confidence in the cabs and beginning to feel a part of it.
              That it is news and on this board just signifies she is a name that is noticed in racing. She has
              a solid fan base in OW and will build a one in the cabs. Many fans will simply be Danica fans and
              follow where ever she goes.

It is pleasant to hear success stories and know that deserving competitors can be publicly acknowledged.
              Dale Manus

Comment

Originally posted by NoviVespa View Post
                I would say this is the right forum, it is about IndyCar driver Danica Patrick. Or, did you forget to add the smiley?
                The right forum for sure!
                Danica news is always welcome here. The most recognised name currently in AOWR and on her way to making news in the cabs.
                Dale Manus

Comment

Never heard of it, I am not impressed.
                  "I would like to be able to admire a person's opinions as I would their dog - without being expected to take it home with me." ---- Frank A. Clark
                  " it only makes sense for the world's most prestigious fried chicken to pair up with the world's most prestigious watch brand" ---D. Byrd

Comment

sixth in a... what tier level series was this???

Oh, because it was sanctioned by NASCAR, it's called a NASCAR sixth place finish, kind of implying that it's like Cup or Nwide. Come on folks, be honest here.
                    NASCAR used to sanction short tracks in the US a few years back too.

If Foyt had won a USAC midget race back in the day, do you think the headline in NSSN would be "Foyt wins USAC!!!" I think not.

Comment

I think its a good thing for her to get more seat time whenever and wherever she can if she really wants to try and make that transition work.

Comment

Originally posted by Canth View Post
                        I think its a good thing for her to get more seat time whenever and wherever she can if she really wants to try and make that transition work.
                        I agree, and if she begins really competing up front with her peers, I'll be congratulating her.

Comment

The K&N East Series used to be known as the NASCAR Busch North Series years ago. It's a tight-knit little regional series that's equivalent in importance to New England as the USAC sprint series is to the Midwest.

A sixth-place at Dover (which includes laps led, by the way) in the East Series is like a top-15 in the Nationwide Series. So while it's not AMAZING, it's definitely progress.

Ideally, Danica would have STARTED her NASCAR career in series like this one rather than in NNS, but that ship has sailed.
                          Tony Johns
                          PopOffValve.com - a greasy tenderloin of IndyCar goodness!
                          "DON'T THINK TRITE!" - The Unions (Miss ya, Earl.)

Comment

Unfortunately, the additional track time at Dover apparently didn't help. She qualified 42nd for the Nationwide race, and if she didn't have a guaranteed start, she would be going home as one of the go-or-go-homers who doesn't get to race was quicker than her.
                            "Sometimes a majority simply means that all the fools are on the same side." C. McDonald

Comment

Originally posted by Tony Johns View Post
                              The K&N East Series used to be known as the NASCAR Busch North Series years ago. It's a tight-knit little regional series that's equivalent in importance to New England as the USAC sprint series is to the Midwest.

A sixth-place at Dover (which includes laps led, by the way) in the East Series is like a top-15 in the Nationwide Series. So while it's not AMAZING, it's definitely progress.

Ideally, Danica would have STARTED her NASCAR career in series like this one rather than in NNS, but that ship has sailed.
                              It's pretty amazing when you consider that it's Dover, and it's her first race there. She also was 12th in Nationwide practice, so there must something about that track that agrees with her. Everybody is making such a big deal about what a hard track it is... Waltrip going on about it being a big mistake to run her there... comparing it to Erin Crocker trying to run there her first time.

She doing alright so far. When's qualies for NNS?
                              My guardian angel, she wears a hard hat.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X