Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wow - 100th year aninversary this coming May.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wow - 100th year aninversary this coming May.

I'm so there. I'll be in Ren's named - Gomer Vista.

No doubt I'll be there. That will make 29 in a row for me and 32 overall. I'm hopeful that I'll also make the 100th Indy 500 in 2016.
    ​a bad day at the race track beats a good day at work

Comment

Planning on being there. The race is on my bday, and it's the 100th, can't go wrong! Finally after 24 years in the world I'll attend the 500
      "Racing is life. Anything before or after is just waiting" -Steve McQueen

Die hard #1 fan of Justin Wilson.

Comment

Originally posted by JWfan View Post
        Planning on being there. The race is on my bday, and it's the 100th, can't go wrong! Finally after 24 years in the world I'll attend the 500
        Welcome aboard!!!! You'll love it!!!
        Get your head out of your past!!!

Comment

http://www.flickr.com/photos/library...ream/lightbox/

Comment

2011 will be our 39th consecutive. Race Day at Indianapolis (for the 500) for me is like Christmas Day when I was a kid. I'm nearly 60 and when I walk on to the grounds of the World's Greatest Racecourse, I still get goosebumps. I hope the Old Grey Lady and I will be good friends for decades to come.

Comment

It's pretty obvious that Paul needs some

Comment

I'm hoping to still be around for my 56th consecutive Indianapolis 500!
                Opening day in May is my Christmas Day!
                Have a very blessed day!

Comment

Opening Day was my Christmas Day as well until we moved 600+ miles away 2 years ago. While I still look forward to that day, I don't feel the same excitement since I can't be there. At least we can still make Carb. Day and the 500. Next year, we plan to be there for quals, in addition to Carb and Race Day. That is unless my employer has other plans.

Comment

I stand corrected, the next '500' will be my 33rd overall. My first was the ill-fated 1973 race, then 1975, 1977 and haven't missed one since 1981.

Big Wheel - It's hard for me to believe I've been to that many already, I don't consider myself old at all but the stats seem to speak to the contrary. However there are many others here that have a better record than I,...off the top of my head I know PHJ and Roach have me beat by a longshot.

Comment

Originally posted by PHJIndy View Post
                      I'm hoping to still be around for my 56th consecutive Indianapolis 500!
                      Opening day in May is my Christmas Day!
                      Wow,,, Mister PHJ

That is some record, I missed that...

That's worth a double Bingo Award, in fact a Double Bingo to the both of you...

That's a lot of Indy Hot Dog's... Did you two guys save most of your ticket
                      stub's... ????

Big
                      Yes,,, Yes,,, Tony,,,

Your Grandfather was a friend of Roger Penske,,,

Your Grandfather did business with Roger Penske,,, but

Your Grandfather never trusted Roger Penske,,,

Comment

I'll be there. I can't wait to see all the special events they line up for this special year. Most of my vacation time at work will be in May...
                        IndyCar Advocate: A blog about enjoying the best sport in the world! Stop on by!
                        --
                        On Twitter as @indycaradvocate

Comment

Originally posted by BigWheelHawaii View Post
                          ... Did you two guys save most of your ticket
                          stub's... ????

Big
                          Unfortunately I've misplaced or lost quite a few over the years due to several cross-country moves, marriage, divorce, etc. And not only Indy 500 tickets but many others. In addition many of my Indy 500's through the early-to-middle 1980's were general admission, viewed from the snake-pit or 4th turn infield. Believe it or not there was a time when Indy 500 tickets were hard to come by, and they were expensive too. I did start this album recently of some of my race ticket subs, it's still a work in progress.

http://s7.photobucket.com/albums/y28...ckets/?start=0

Comment

Probably not as interesting as tickets, but I still have every program from my 39 years of attending the 500.

Comment

Originally posted by dlm1953 View Post
                              Probably not as interesting as tickets, but I still have every program from my 39 years of attending the 500.
                              Very impressive! As far as I'm concerned that more interesting than tickets. Again I've misplaced or lost a few but I have most of mine.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X