HVM Out of Business??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HVM Out of Business??

Hope that this is only a rumor, but I am hearing that HVM has closed the shop and the landlord has changed the locks on the doors.

I hope not too, but now that you mention this I recall seeing a lock company van at the gate yesterday on my way home from work. I also noticed this morning that the gate was closed/locked when it is usually always open, at least on the one side.

Comment

That would be a big bummer, especially for Simona fans.
      "In America, the winner goes to Victory Lane, everybody else goes to the garage and should soak their tears in their beer and figure out how to be faster next week."
      Eddie Gossage

Comment

I'm hearing some rumors to this effect as well. Hopefully, something's figured out.
        IndyCar Advocate: A blog about enjoying the best sport in the world! Stop on by!
        --
        On Twitter as @indycaradvocate

Comment

They could have had a break in or fired someone, to change the locks. Doubt it though. Sucks, especially with one race still left. I guess she's not going to Homestead?
          "If your car was a dog, then you had to figure it out and test your own limits. And we didn't go to a wind tunnel – we did it in the first turn at Indianapolis."

Comment

If I am another team I taking a hard look at hiring her. She really is a rising star and gave the big boys in the red cars a run for there Money on the Twisties. Shame if she misses Homestead though with the ROY on the line.
            You cannot wrangle chaos. You can only try to plan for it.

Comment

NOoooo, I can't live without Simona!!

Comment

We can't take up a collection or anything?
                IndyCar Advocate: A blog about enjoying the best sport in the world! Stop on by!
                --
                On Twitter as @indycaradvocate

Comment

S.O.S.!

(Save Our Simona!)

Comment

Hope this isn't true, but at least there's only one race left, and Simona and the team just don't seem to have the speed on 1.5 milers, so at least we're not missing much, although every lap of track time at an oval is helpful to her progress as an IndyCar driver

Comment

How would missing the last race affect the TEAM money?
                      "I would like to be able to admire a person's opinions as I would their dog - without being expected to take it home with me." ---- Frank A. Clark
                      " it only makes sense for the world's most prestigious fried chicken to pair up with the world's most prestigious watch brand" ---D. Byrd

Comment

Originally posted by Formula Indy View Post
                        I think you're allowed to miss as many as four races, so it wouldn't be an issue. Although if the team is truly out of business it's not like the series is going to get a refund from them anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by Formula Indy View Post
                          The series "fines" the team for not showing up. The TEAM money is appearance money; if you don't appear neither does your check!

Comment

Interested to know where these 'rumors' are coming from? Until they become either fact or quashed by a 100% reliable source, ie HVM Racing inc. I would personally take them with a pinch of salt.. You know, twitter for example, is the modern day equivilent of chinese whispers For the record, the team usually get the Friday off on a non race weekend, which would perhaps account for no one being around. jmo

Comment

Originally posted by Lis View Post
                              Interested to know where these 'rumors' are coming from? Until they become either fact or quashed by a 100% reliable source, ie HVM Racing inc. I would personally take them with a pinch of salt.
                              TSO's the one reporting it. It sounds like they've been missing some rent payments to the landlord (hence the doors being locked according to TSO sources), which isn't good at all, but they aren't reporting that the team is done.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X