Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How will the divorce from ISC affect IICS' relationship with speed?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How will the divorce from ISC affect IICS' relationship with speed?

The speed cable channel is of course part of NASCAR nation as it's FOX owned and FOX is spending a trillion million bazillion dollars for the right to broadcast NASCAR. Now that INDYCar will no longer be running at any ISC venues will speed continue to give INDYCar the level of coverage we've been receiving? I'm not saying it's great but at least they've been acknowledging our existence.
    Not at all, speed will continue with its current level of ICS coverage
    61.11%
    They'll be a little less
    14.81%
    Robing Miller will lose his last gasp at gainful employment
    14.81%
    They'll only show the crashes and laugh
    9.26%
    the man in expensive shoes

what relationship, they barely get mentioned on SPEED Report.
    The Original Fan of Kimi "The Iceman" Raikkonen 2007 World Driving Champion: 21 Wins---102 Podiums---18 Pole Positions---43 Fastest Laps ---1 Gorilla Suit

Comment

The Izod IndyCar Series is a sponsor of both "The Speed Report" and "Wind Tunnel."

No the relationship will not change. It's not going to be that long a divorce anyways.
      Speed has never killed anyone, suddenly becoming stationary… that's what gets you.

http://twitter.com/WhateverJoel

Comment

As far as the Speed web site there is NASCAR and F1 and then the rest of Auto racing. IndyCar has no special link its just part of the left-overs. I don't expect that to change. Same thing with their broadcasts, Speed hardly mentions IndyCar, I don't expect that to change.
        Tara was the name of our cat.

Comment

Miller will just get more bitter in his "reporting," if that's possible.
          "Is that my *** that I smell burning?" ... Helmet Stogie from "Death spasms of the Mabuchi"

Comment

Originally posted by jcmark611 View Post
            The Izod IndyCar Series is a sponsor of both "The Speed Report" and "Wind Tunnel."

No the relationship will not change. It's not going to be that long a divorce anyways.
            This is along the lines of my thinking. FOX/Speed will gladly take any checks IZOD is willing to write to get that big :izod2 logo on The Speed Report and Windtunnel.

I also agree that calling it a divorce is a misnomer. If there comes a point where it makes $en$e for both sides to do business together again, they will.
            "George Bignotti's Sinmast Wildcat (Designed by Bob Riley); delicately built, carefully prepared and boldly driven by Gordon Johncock." -- Keith Jackson

Comment

I'm sure Speed will no longer air the replay of ICS races - oh, nevermind.
              Witnessed Mario's "Miracle at Indy"...Watched 3 win their 4th Indy 500...Was there for Petty's 200th win...Saw the last Novi qualify

Comment

I doubt it will have any affect on the pathetic coverage. I only wish they would cut back on the pathetic who does the coverage.
                "You can't arrest those guys, they're folk heroes"
                "They're criminals"
                "Well most folk heroes started out as criminals"

Comment

Originally posted by jcmark611 View Post

But if you notice when there isn't the IZOD commercials and sponsor mentions the series barely if at all gets mentioned. They don't sponsor Speed every week.
                  Skypigeon "If you're not on the bus, don't whine about the direction it's going."

Comment

Originally posted by The Stickman View Post
                    But if you notice when there isn't the IZOD commercials and sponsor mentions the series barely if at all gets mentioned. They don't sponsor Speed every week.
                    Well there you have it. Let's hope IZOD will keep ride-buying on the Speed Report.
                    "George Bignotti's Sinmast Wildcat (Designed by Bob Riley); delicately built, carefully prepared and boldly driven by Gordon Johncock." -- Keith Jackson

Comment

Originally posted by Tara View Post
                      As far as the Speed web site there is NASCAR and F1 and then the rest of Auto racing. IndyCar has no special link its just part of the left-overs. I don't expect that to change. Same thing with their broadcasts, Speed hardly mentions IndyCar, I don't expect that to change.
                      +1
                      "I would like to be able to admire a person's opinions as I would their dog - without being expected to take it home with me." ---- Frank A. Clark
                      " it only makes sense for the world's most prestigious fried chicken to pair up with the world's most prestigious watch brand" ---D. Byrd

Comment

News shows are no different then any other show. Ratings dictate things. When Indy Car becomes more popular, Speed will show more of it. The people that tune in to watch the NASCAR races are the same ones that tune in to see the NASCAR news. The ones that watch the IndyCar races are the ones that tune in and watch the IndyCar news. Who do you think there is more of???? It's that simple.
                        "Try some of these before or after your statements if you are not presenting them as facts. Things like - "In my opinion", or "I think that", JHMO, IMHO, IMO, JMO... Your opinions are not (necessarily) fact. That would clear things up some." - Seadog 03/25/2010 11:40am So the above is JMO.

Comment

It depends on who has the upper hand in the new oval/road course Indycar split.....
                          " I can tolerate people forming opinions based on ignorance... that happens every day, but don't pass off your ignorance as facts."

Comment

Obviously you can say goodbye to:

IndyCar Classics
                            IndyCar on Speed
                            IndyCar Performance
                            IndyCar Press Conference
                            IndyCar Race Hub
                            IndyCar Raceday
                            IndyCar Smarts
                            IndyCar Victory Lane
                            IndyCar Setup
                            IndyCar Racing Chef
                            Trackside at IndyCar race

Oh wait, we don't have any shows on Speed.

"When you got nothing, you got nothing to lose" Bob Dylan
                            Rest in peace, Dan Wheldon 1978 - 2011

Comment

"but don't say I didn't warn ya, if your train gets lost" Bob Dylan
                              the man in expensive shoes

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X