2010 Robopong Endurance Kart Race

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2010 Robopong Endurance Kart Race

Its that time of year again. The entry list is shaping up for the 2010 Robopong 200 mile endurance race at New Castle on Oct 10th (www.newcastleraceway.com)

So far we have 7 Indycar drivers, 4 Indy Lights drivers, an ALMS driver and a Star Mazda driver.

Ed Carpenter returns with Nathan O'Rourke to defend their 2009 Robopong win.

2005 winner Dan Wheldon once again joins 2 time winner Mark Dismore Jr ('04 & '05) .

2008 winner Billy Lewis teams up with BJ Anderson for the first time. Billy has won numerous races at NCMP and BJ is one of the best unknown talents in karting. Finally taking a shot in some really good equipment.

The newest entry includes Graham Rahal and Conor Daly. Conor is the 2010 Star Mazda champion and the height difference should make this an interesting pair up. They have a 3rd teammate in Donny Stewart.

Indy Lights drivers Martin Plowman, Gustavo Yacaman, James Davison and Brandon Wagner will also participate on different teams.

I would expect to see some more pros sign up. Past pro drivers have included Sarah Fisher, Katherine Legge, Tomas Scheckter, Scott Dixon, Vitor Meira, Jay Howard, AJ Foyt IV, Alex Lloyd, Ricky Rudd (2006 Robopong winner) and many others.

Drivers are usually very accessible during this event. Come out, see some good racing and have lunch at the Racer's Grill (great food) in the main building.

Keep an eye on this link for schedule information:

http://www.newcastleraceway.com/

and here to check the entry list (updated daily):

http://www.newcastleraceway.com/enduro.shtml

Racefanradio.com will also be broadcasting live on raceday: www.racefanradio.com
    They may do a live show for qualifying as well, check the site for scheduling as the event draws closer.
    Last edited by trevor83; 10-06-2010, 04:05 PM.

2010 Robopong Endurance Kart Race

Its that time of year again.
    It's times like these that make me wish I lived in Indiana.

:izod2
    "George Bignotti's Sinmast Wildcat (Designed by Bob Riley); delicately built, carefully prepared and boldly driven by Gordon Johncock." -- Keith Jackson

Comment

Originally posted by trevor83 View Post
      Its that time of year again.

You driving for Team Nancy-Boy again this year?
      ...---...

Comment

Originally posted by cheeseczar View Post
        You driving for Team Nancy-Boy again this year?
        No, didn't realize you were fielding a team this year

Comment

HO Daddy!
          ...---...

Comment

billy's brother, former usac hotshoe, michael lewis will be running with the haas team this year as well.

i also saw milka on the entry list

always a fun event
            http://danwheldon.shutterfly.com/

Comment

18 Milka Way Milka Duno James Davison

Shouldn't be funny, but somehow it is...

Comment

Davey Hamilton has also been entered. His teammate, Mike Burrell, is his Indycar spotter.
                Last edited by trevor83; 09-29-2010, 07:06 AM.

Comment

Will I be your correspondent this year?
                  You've worked so hard on the kidney. Very special -- the kidney has a very special place in the heart. It's an incredible thing. Donald John Trump

Brian's Wish * Jason Foundation

Comment

Jay Howard has been added. He is wicked fast in a kart at New Castle. Let's see if he and his teammate can keep it in one piece.

No Jamski, I have all this new wireless technology now that I didn't last time. Maybe I can do live updates. Zoomie, that doesn't mean you're allowed to stay home, you must still come and drink beer and give us your perspective.

Comment

I think Zoomie is only good for one month a year.

Besides...I hear he saw a cat looking at him the wrong way down the street from his home...goldfish be damned.
                      ...---...

Comment

I'll cheer for Michele Bumgarner #321, 2008 Rock Island GP winner. She deserve a ride in Indy Lights IMHO

Comment

Originally posted by Papix27 View Post
                          I'll cheer for Michele Bumgarner #321, 2008 Rock Island GP winner. She deserve a ride in Indy Lights IMHO
                          OK, I'll play along. On what basis does she "deserve" a Lights ride?

Comment

What time does it start on Sunday?

Comment

Originally posted by MLAIRL View Post
                              What time does it start on Sunday?
                              from the link:

NCMP will be hosting the 2010 NCMP TaG Endurance race on October 9th and 10th with optional practice available on October 8th featuring TaG karting engines complete with pit stops and driver changes! The race will feature a cash payback! Spectator viewing is free, pit passes are $10.00 per day or $18.00 for both days per person. Track configuration is the National Track layout, approx 1:07 lap time on a dry track. The race weekend is three days with optional open practice for all teams on Friday. Practice, qualifying on Saturday and the 200 Lap Endurance race on Sunday.
                              Qualifying driver is the only driver that has to make weight after qualifying – all drivers will have to make weight before the feature event and the kart will be impounded on the hot grid, all karts that finish in a cash paying postion will be reweighed after the race with full fuel. No removable weights or ballast can be added to the driver before, during or after the race. All drivers must make weight after the race.
                              Race Begins at 12:30pm - Race will be 200 Miles in length (200 laps), Approx. 3 hours and 50 minutes in dry conditions.
                              http://danwheldon.shutterfly.com/

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X