Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PT: "bumped for a bigger check"

http://twitter.com/#!/paultracy3

had a good day today at the bike show , but got bad news. got bumped out of the ride irl for miami, for a bigger cheque... season over
    Well that suques.
    "Each day well lived makes every yesterday a dream of happiness and every tomorrow a vision of hope. Look well therefore to this one day for it, and it alone, is life"
    ~ Sanskrit poem attributed to Kalidasa, "Salutation to the Dawn"

Brian's Wish

What foreign ride-buyer bumped him out?
    "In America, the winner goes to Victory Lane, everybody else goes to the garage and should soak their tears in their beer and figure out how to be faster next week."
    Eddie Gossage

Comment

sebsaavedra
      Good night everyone! Tomorrow I have some interesting news for all of you on a contract I signed today pictures to come as well bye. about 6 hours ago via Twitter for iPhone
      "They say you can't win them all. But I don't know why not." - Levi Jones

www.Indy500Database.com

Comment

Nothing against Saavedra, but I sort of hope it isn't him. That whole walkaway from BHA in Indy Lights a few weeks ago had me scratching my head.

If it is him, ok, then.
        IndyCar Advocate: A blog about enjoying the best sport in the world! Stop on by!
        --
        On Twitter as @indycaradvocate

Comment

If not Saavedra then Beatriz is my guess. IMO no matter who it is, PT would have been a better choice.
          ​a bad day at the race track beats a good day at work

Comment

Originally posted by mathouser View Post
            What foreign ride-buyer bumped him out?
            Yeah, which foreigner dares to bumb another foreigner out?

Comment

Its not Savaadra. Too bad this is happening way to much.

As Paul says, It's all about the Benjamins

Comment

Doesn't matter if its PT, Savaadra, or Bia.
                Heck, even Jesus can't win an oval race with DRR package.
                Its no more than part of the background scenery for the red cars to lap.
                Rest in peace, Dan Wheldon 1978 - 2011

Comment

ddss

Different Decade, Same Story.

"I love the sport so much. I was like the old fire horse who still wanted to go when the bell rang. I probably had bruises on my head from beating it on the wall. The situation had changed so much. The owner didn’t want to know what kind of driver you were, but how much money you could generate." - Johnny Rutherford
                  "Had every Athenian citizen been a Socrates, every Athenian assembly would still have been a mob." - Federalist 55
                  “My first reaction as a race car driver was to jump out of the car and use the Foyt technique of driver development - grab him and pound some sense into him.”
                  "Make way. I'm Reaganing."

Comment

Yep, the USAC guys should just show up at Indy Car races and start knocking on doors, work the paddock and introduce themselves in order to try to get a ride in Indy Car...

Some have said this

Except for a very select few, this is a ride buying series.

Lower the cost of what it takes to run Indy Car in order to bring back the smaller teams and owners, like the original IRL was...then the kind of crap that happened to PT won't be happening "as much" and we will get some of the best American short track talent racing at Indy again
                    "...American open-wheel racing is based around the most famous oval track in the world -- the Indianapolis Motor Speedway. So how in the world does it make sense to center the majority of the IndyCar Series on street courses, road courses and foreign events?..." Terry Blount, ESPN

Comment

"I love the sport so much. I was like the old fire horse who still wanted to go when the bell rang. I probably had bruises on my head from beating it on the wall. The situation had changed so much. The owner didn’t want to know what kind of driver you were, but how much money you could generate." - Johnny Rutherford
                      Man that's deep. Such is the economy in auto racing. It's more prevalent and talked about in IndyCar racing, but it's not alot different in NASCAR or anywhere else right down to the short tracks.

Every time I hear someone wanting to put IndyCar down because it's a ride buying series I think of guys like Bryan Clauson and Tim McCreadie. They were two short track dirt guys that were on their way to Stewart/Gordon/Kahne/Newman-like NASCAR success until the funding ran out. Clausen with Ganassi and McCreadie with Childress.
                      "George Bignotti's Sinmast Wildcat (Designed by Bob Riley); delicately built, carefully prepared and boldly driven by Gordon Johncock." -- Keith Jackson

Comment

First of all, it sounded like PT had some money to bring, just not as much as someone else. Sounds like Reinbold Rent-A-Car to me. Lame.
                        "If your car was a dog, then you had to figure it out and test your own limits. And we didn't go to a wind tunnel – we did it in the first turn at Indianapolis."

Comment

last time I checked indycar was an international series with races around the world. there are countries and people from outside the usa. even nascar has international drivers. welcome to 2010 its not 1977 anymore

Comment

As a fan, I do not like, appreciate, or want musical cockpits. Boo on DRR.

Comment

Originally posted by Luigi View Post
                              Yeah, which foreigner dares to bumb another foreigner out?
                              At least Tracy is a foreigner that has been heard of.
                              "In America, the winner goes to Victory Lane, everybody else goes to the garage and should soak their tears in their beer and figure out how to be faster next week."
                              Eddie Gossage

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X