Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

First Turn Productions product/advertising poll. Please answer honestly.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First Turn Productions product/advertising poll. Please answer honestly.

Please answer the above poll honestly. We are trying to get a gauge on how much business we get from our advertisement/sponsorship of this forum.

Thanks,

Brad Edwards

First Turn Productions LLC.
    Yes
    15.46%
    No
    84.54%
    www.firstturnpro.com

Haven't purchased due to the price...but I've looked at the site numerous times because of Trackforum.
    Check out my novels: Shift of the Dead, Shift of the Dead II:Overtime & Hotel Hell

http://www.amazon.com/Jason-Scott/e/...8955122&sr=8-1

Comment

No. But it has definitely raised awareness.
      You've worked so hard on the kidney. Very special -- the kidney has a very special place in the heart. It's an incredible thing. Donald John Trump

Brian's Wish * Jason Foundation

Comment

I haven't purchased any yet but there are several I'm interested in buying.
        ​a bad day at the race track beats a good day at work

Comment

I have purchased for 2 reasons.

1. The quality of the product

2. Your willingness to spend money advertising on TF.

Comment

Originally posted by jaywalker17 View Post
            Haven't purchased due to the price...but I've looked at the site numerous times because of Trackforum.
            Our price, other than what the speedway sold there DVD's for, is lower than most of our competition. We also give you about an hour, and sometimes a lot more, of never before seen footage from open wheel racing dating back to the mid 1920's with color footage from the mid 1930's. Look at the prices of "Rare Sports Films" DVD's, Dick Wallen DVD's, and Snider Productions DVD's and you will find that we are on the low end with our prices. Snider productions does have some DVD's priced five cents less than ours. We put a lot of time and money in the production of our DVD's. We could not continue if we priced them any less if you purchase only one DVD.

Thanks for responding,

Brad Edwards

www.firstturnpro.com

Comment

No. But until this Poll I didn't know you sold videos. I thought you were just a production company. I suggest a more descriptive banner ad might push more traffic.

Comment

Originally posted by Firstturnpro View Post
                . ...... Look at the prices of "Rare Sports Films" DVD's, Dick Wallen DVD's, and Snider Productions DVD's and you will find that we are on the low end with our prices. Snider productions does have some DVD's priced five cents less than ours. We put a lot of time and money in the production of our DVD's. We could not continue if we priced them any less if you purchase only one DVD.

Thanks for responding,

Brad Edwards

I have bought your DVDs at least, in part, due to the fact that you have a presence here; both as an advertiser and as a knowledgeable poster. Your prices are more than fair and your product is unique. Most of the other old racing DVDs are just rehashed old sponsor films. That's fine but the fact that you seek out footage from individual sources guarantees a different perspective than is available elsewhere. And I have introduced others to your DVDs both through word of mouth and by getting them to visit the TF site.

Comment

...but I don't buy DVDs as a rule.
                  "The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made."
                  ~~Groucho Marx
                  I have the hots for Khaleesi...

Comment

Originally posted by Buellboy View Post
                    No. But until this Poll I didn't know you sold videos. I thought you were just a production company. I suggest a more descriptive banner ad might push more traffic.
                    Ditto
                    Asked how he’d like to be remembered were he hit by a bus tomorrow, Tracy doesn’t hesitate: “I’m a race-car driver. At the last second, I’d swerve and avoid the bus.”

Comment

Originally posted by indyracefan View Post
                      I haven't purchased any yet but there are several I'm interested in buying.
                      +1
                      RIP Daniel Clive Wheldon, 2005 & 2011 Indianapolis 500 Champion

Comment

Not yet, but I'm gonna!

Comment

I havn't bought any off the net, but it has made me aware. I have bought them when I have seen you guys at Milwaukee and the Gasoline Alley show two years ago.
                          ZOOOM
                          "Doc, just set them fingers sose I can hold the wheel"
                          James Hurtubise, June, 1964

Comment

Brad- You're asking for feedback, so I'd like to offer my two cents. I started to write out a long message, but didn't want to turn this into an e-commerce clinic.

The short answer is that your web site needs a LOT of improvement.

My guess is that your web site does not convert prospects into customers very well. Your prices may be lower than your competition, but that doesn't matter that much... their sites are likely better at convincing people to part with their money.

Before you determine whether advertising here at TF or anywhere else is worthwhile, you should think about the performance of your web site and figure out ways to convert more of the traffic you're already getting. It also doesn't sound like you know what traffic you're getting, where it's coming from, or how your ads are performing, and that's something you'll need to fix before you start on anything else.

It sounds like you have good products and people think enough of them to recommend them to others. So I wouldn't get distracted by product or pricing issues just yet. I'd focus on converting traffic into sales.
                            Paul Woods
                            IndyCar Buzz | 500 Miles to Go

Comment

IndycarBuzz.com is a cool site I visit a couple of times a day, along with Indiana Racing.Net - I'd listen to that flyingpylon guy

My stats say the FTP ad has appeared well over 5 million times.

We should probably work on talking up the products more
                              "Each day well lived makes every yesterday a dream of happiness and every tomorrow a vision of hope. Look well therefore to this one day for it, and it alone, is life"
                              ~ Sanskrit poem attributed to Kalidasa, "Salutation to the Dawn"

Brian's Wish

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X