Anyone heard of The New Split?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone heard of The New Split?

I don't know this guy, but interesting story...

http://www.theepochtimes.com/n2/content/view/42992/

Wow. What a lot of...

... something. I'm not entirely sure what it is at this point.
    "I didn't hear a single comment about airboxes, "carbashians", or how terrible the car looked. I did see dozens and dozens of little kids in awe of the speed and how cool the cars looked. We should learn from our children."
    --Danny Noonan

Comment

This guy is listening to the 10% of TF members who say that. I can safely say that almost all fans DON'T want 2 series again
      In the IZOD IndyCar series we're just kids enjoy the thrills in a 200 MPH candy store.

Comment

What a load of bull. There is no camp asking for a new split.
        "Try some of these before or after your statements if you are not presenting them as facts. Things like - "In my opinion", or "I think that", JHMO, IMHO, IMO, JMO... Your opinions are not (necessarily) fact. That would clear things up some." - Seadog 03/25/2010 11:40am So the above is JMO.

Comment

I thought it was a very good article. He shows a number of reasons NOT to split. Whether anyone is asking for a split might be up for debate, but I like the reasoning on why a split should NOT happen.

Comment

Originally posted by Glenn View Post
            I thought it was a very good article. He shows a number of reasons NOT to split. Whether anyone is asking for a split might be up for debate, but I like the reasoning on why a split should NOT happen.
            Exactly.

Comment

I read the rehash of old stuff and decided it's not worth my time to read the rest of it.

Anybody with even a small IQ can blog these days.
              Gregg Sebald

Comment

I couldn't finish it. There are a lot of people who hate RC/SC on here and complain evey time one comes up but I have never heard anyone suggest another split. Like it or not, we are all in this together and I think people on here understand that. Also, he mentioned sponsorship in nascar, and Dupont Specifically. He has not done his research for they are no longer sponsoring the 24 next year and still can not find someone to do it.
                "I would like to be able to admire a person's opinions as I would their dog - without being expected to take it home with me." ---- Frank A. Clark
                " it only makes sense for the world's most prestigious fried chicken to pair up with the world's most prestigious watch brand" ---D. Byrd

Comment

Originally posted by Seadog View Post
                  I read the rehash of old stuff and decided it's not worth my time to read the rest of it.

Anybody with even a small IQ can blog these days.
                  +1.
                  ​a bad day at the race track beats a good day at work

Comment

As much as I like to see any kind of press coverage of the sport, this, as much of it as I wasted my time looking at, has one huge positive, close to no one is going to see it.
                    "You can't arrest those guys, they're folk heroes"
                    "They're criminals"
                    "Well most folk heroes started out as criminals"

Comment

In the 90’s NASCAR was a regional series, popular mostly in the Deep South, but looking to expand nationally. While IndyCar spent its energy eating itself, NASCAR decided to use cable TV, modern marketing, and major money to essentially take over the North American racing world.
                      The poster known as Penelope Pitstop isn't going to like that comment one bit...

Comment

Originally posted by gonzo View Post
                        What a load of bull. There is no camp asking for a new split.
                        Actually, there is one.
                        They'd be more than happy for another split if the result is that what happened to their series of choice happened to the ICS.
                        It wouldn't matter to them if the "new" series survived or not, as long as the ICS died in the process.
                        They're a Completely Wacky bunch...
                        “With the help of God and true friends, I come to realize
                        I still got two strong legs, even wings to fly
                        I ain’t wastin’ time no more...”

Comment

its all so simple,, just imitate the early 90s, fords , chevys, mercedes, buick, some usac guys, F1 guys, cart guys, THEN,, honda showed up, then toyota,, sucking occured soon after
                          I love the sport more than I hate the past,

Comment

From the picture caption at the end of the article:

"IndyCar cannot afford to lose any of its current fans, and it cannot hope to gain new fans by distorting the sport. The racing is good, the drivers are talented—in time, the series should grow."

Did the article need to be that long just to get that point across?
                            Speed has never killed anyone, suddenly becoming stationary… that's what gets you.

http://twitter.com/WhateverJoel

Comment

Originally posted by skypigeon View Post
                              Wow. What a lot of...

... something. I'm not entirely sure what it is at this point.
                              Epoch Times is (if I recall correctly) a paper started by Falun Gong folks. They're a general newspaper, but they tend to focus on China a lot, and can be pretty critical of the communist government. Like I said, they are a general news org, but their coverage often comes across as ever so slightly ... off. Like it's not immediately obvious that they're not just another paper, but you can't always tell why you feel that way.
                              Manus haec inimica tyrannis ense petit placidam sub libertate quietem.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X