Things that make you happy!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Things that make you happy!

So much griping and complaining about this and that. Let take a glass half full look at IndyCar for a change.

Things I'm happy about!

1) We've got a good points battle going into the last race.

2) A guy who almost had his career end last season is leading the points.

3) Car counts are up.

4) Milwaukee is back and the north east has two new venues for 2011.
    "If you don't do it this year, you'll be another year older when you do"

http://davidm.smugmug.com/

I'm happy that Helio has found himself on Ovals again

I'm THRILLED Milwaukee is back!

I'm dreaming about visiting Vegas for a the Finale

That the broadcasts no longer feature Danica unless she warrants the attention

That Penske has won the most races, not Ganassi...(sorry, I've always been a Penske fan)
    Proud fan of Helio Castroneves - 4 TIME INDIANAPOLIS 500 Winner 🏆

Comment

1) Just being alive and healthy. Kind of trumps everything else...
      2) Series management that understands if you want sell steak, people have to smell it sizzling.
      3) No ISC tracks on next year's schedule. Would like to see the Glen come back, but can wait awhile.
      4) Despite certain naysayers on this very board, a knowledge that next year, yes, indeed, there WILL be a 100th Anniversary Indianapolis 500. (As if there were any real doubt...)
      5) The knowledge that, barring act of God or Congress, the nadir is passed and from here is up.

I have my wish list, too, but that's for another thread. Let's not muck up this one.
      "I didn't hear a single comment about airboxes, "carbashians", or how terrible the car looked. I did see dozens and dozens of little kids in awe of the speed and how cool the cars looked. We should learn from our children."
      --Danny Noonan

Comment

As a faithful member of Trackforum, NOTHING makes me happy.

Seriously, I woke up on the green side of the grass. Everything else is gravy.

Comment

1.) The IndyCar field is deeper in talent than at any point in the last five years.
          2.) The series is making a point of keeping or bringing back venues with real history.
          3.) There is a title sponsor who want to promote the heck out of the series.
          4.) There is an associate series sponsor putting the points leader in national TV ads!
          5.) That points leader is one heck of a race car driver - one of the best in years.
          6.) I like the look of the new car, and 2012 is fast approaching.
          7.) There is a guy at the helm with real experience promoting a niche sport.
          8.) His last niche sport grew steadily into a sustainable business that makes money.
          9.) I see opportunity in the next few years to return to venues like MIS & Phoenix.
          10.) Smaller teams like Panther and D&R have shown that maybe they're not as far away from challenging Penske and Ganassi as we all thought.

Oh, and one more. I have a beautiful wife who love me very much. Given that, everything on the list above is just a nice bit of gravy.
          Manus haec inimica tyrannis ense petit placidam sub libertate quietem.

Comment

1) That we have a man in charge that is a promoter at heart
            2) That we have a sponsor in IZOD that actually uses Indy Car as a platform
            3) That we have a win at all cost driver in the series again
            4) That Vegas is in the cards for a finale
            5) That Indy Car recognizes the importance of the North East market and is taking steps to be there by racing in Baltimore and New Hampshire
            6) That there is a movement underway to create a more grassroots path to Indy Car
            7) That Indy Car has finally cut ties with ISC
            8) That Randy listened to the fans and brought Milwaukee back
            9) That there is a twin race in Texas
            10) That there is a bit more variation in the 2011 schedule breaking up the style of tracks

Do I get my official TF patch now?

"Try some of these before or after your statements if you are not presenting them as facts. Things like - "In my opinion", or "I think that", JHMO, IMHO, IMO, JMO... Your opinions are not (necessarily) fact. That would clear things up some." - Seadog 03/25/2010 11:40am So the above is JMO.

Comment

I'm happy that Gonzo is happy.
              "The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made."
              ~~Groucho Marx
              I have the hots for Khaleesi...

Comment

Stolen From: Vasserfan

Lets see, the return of Milwaukee and Loudon. Good chances for Vegas or Fontana. 25 cars or so each week. A points race going down to the wire. An energetic leader who seems to be making great progress.
                Taken from the "Series Direction" forum 'cuz he took the words right out of my mouth.
                "George Bignotti's Sinmast Wildcat (Designed by Bob Riley); delicately built, carefully prepared and boldly driven by Gordon Johncock." -- Keith Jackson

Comment

Originally posted by comfortably numb View Post
                  Muppets are fickle. It won't last long....
                  "Try some of these before or after your statements if you are not presenting them as facts. Things like - "In my opinion", or "I think that", JHMO, IMHO, IMO, JMO... Your opinions are not (necessarily) fact. That would clear things up some." - Seadog 03/25/2010 11:40am So the above is JMO.

Comment

What makes me happy is accurately guessing what lame-azz thing will be bitched about week in and week out and how many pages a thread can run after the lame-azz thing was answered in the first 5 posts...
                    Chicago Blackhawks done didn't do it again!

Comment

Originally posted by Hardscrabble View Post
                      What makes me happy is accurately guessing what lame-azz thing will be bitched about week in and week out and how many pages a thread can run after the lame-azz thing was answered in the first 5 posts...
                      Maybe that should replace the Pick 5. Pick the B itch

Comment

Originally posted by comfortably numb View Post
                        I'm just tickle the split is over and we have a great points race coming down to the last race
                        Is it May yet?
                        Take me back to a world gone away-James Pankow

Comment

I'm happy that once again we have another great points race coming down to the wire, with two great racers battling for the title.
                          I'm happy to see Will's success this season.
                          I'm happy that there's a great title sponsor whose promoting the series.
                          I'm happy to see Ed Carpenter's success this season in the races he's raced.
                          I'm happy that there are a couple of new tracks coming next year, and an old one coming back.
                          I'm happy with what Randy Bernard has been doing.
                          I'm happy I got to see one of my favorites win Indy this year in person.

Comment

This thread makes me happy. Well, happier.

I thought for a second there that MB's last item in the post above was "I'm happy I got to see one of my favorites win Indy this year in prison. " Almost made me cry
                            "Each day well lived makes every yesterday a dream of happiness and every tomorrow a vision of hope. Look well therefore to this one day for it, and it alone, is life"
                            ~ Sanskrit poem attributed to Kalidasa, "Salutation to the Dawn"

Brian's Wish

Comment

Originally posted by Turn13 View Post
                              This thread makes me happy. Well, happier.

I thought for a second there that MB's last item in the post above was "I'm happy I got to see one of my favorites win Indy this year in prison. " Almost made me cry
                              Thankfully, no prison for me, I behave myself.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X