No announcement yet.

Sep 25th: Fan Appreciation Day At IMS??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sep 25th: Fan Appreciation Day At IMS??

Over at IndyCar.com, it says that this Saturday, Sep. 25th, is Fan Appreciation Day from 9-5pm, and some drivers will be there to sign autographs and the like.

Does anyone know anything about this event, where at the Speedway it'll be, who we can expect to see, if it's ok to bring kids (my 6 year-old daughter), cost (if any), and what activities they have planned?
    IndyCar Advocate: A blog about enjoying the best sport in the world! Stop on by!
    --
    On Twitter as @indycaradvocate

Thanks for the notice, so I wonder where the location will be...the plaza perhaps?

Comment

Originally posted by Go Faster View Post
      Thanks for the notice, so I wonder where the location will be...the plaza perhaps?
      I'm not sure--I'm hoping they'll put up info soon!

If anyone knows anything about it, please share! I'm trying to decide whether to go myself or take the family.
      IndyCar Advocate: A blog about enjoying the best sport in the world! Stop on by!
      --

Comment

Per the ad in the Sunday IndyStar - it's at the Brickyard Authentics Gift Shop/Hall of Fame Musemum - select merchandise up to 75% off. Also featuring the simulator & 2010 pace car on display. It does say there will be autographs featuring IZOD IndyCar drivers (no names specified) and Donald Davidson between 11 a.m. - 2 p.m. Nothing mentioned about admission - it does say the Coca-Cola Pit Stop will be open between 9 am & 3 p.m with discounted drinks/food. Hope this helps.
        #BCForever

Comment

If it's a fan appreciation day, I think it's implied that it's free, and I'm 100% sure you can bring kids.

Comment

Cool, thanks! I guess I'll wait to see if any additional details are forthcoming, such as the drivers appearing.

I definitely want to meet Donald Davidson. I've been in awe of that great man for some time.
            --

Comment

Sept. 25 is Fan Appreciation Day at the Indianapolis Motor Speedway (9 a.m.-5 p.m.)

Per IndyCar.com:

Sept. 25 is Fan Appreciation Day at the Indianapolis Motor Speedway (9 a.m.-5 p.m.) with autograph sessions with IZOD IndyCar Series drivers, special sales, etc
              "Each day well lived makes every yesterday a dream of happiness and every tomorrow a vision of hope. Look well therefore to this one day for it, and it alone, is life"
              ~ Sanskrit poem attributed to Kalidasa, "Salutation to the Dawn"

Brian's Wish

Comment

Also posted here: http://www.indycar.com/fil/

But nowhere else, and with no further details??
                "Each day well lived makes every yesterday a dream of happiness and every tomorrow a vision of hope. Look well therefore to this one day for it, and it alone, is life"

Brian's Wish

Comment

http://indycarnation.indycar.com/php...php?f=5&t=9831
                  I sent an email and this is all I received in reply:

Saturday, September 25th, 2010
                  9 a.m. - 5 p.m.

Brickyard Authentics(r) Gift Shop
                  Hall of Fame Museum
                  Select merchandise up to75% off

IZOD IndyCar(r) Series simulator - compete for the fastest time of the day
                  2010 Indy 500(r) Camaro Pace Car on display

Autograph sessions featuring IZOD IndyCar (r) Series drivers

IMS Historian, Donald Davidson, between 11 a.m. - 2 p.m.

Coca-Cola Pit Stop will be open 9 a.m. - 3 p.m.
                  Serving discounted food and drinks
                  I'm gonna guess Ed Carpenter is one of the drivers

Brian's Wish

Comment

http://news.speedtv.com/article/08gD...Motor+Speedway

freebies and giveaways
                    -cap

Brian's Wish

Comment

http://www.16thandgeorgetown.com/201...ation-day.html

Fastest times on the simulator will receive prizes as well.

Brian's Wish

Comment

Brian's Wish

Comment

Originally posted by Turn13 View Post
                          http://indycarnation.indycar.com/php...php?f=5&t=9831

I'm gonna guess Ed Carpenter is one of the drivers
                          That would be pretty awesome. I'm trying to think of what other drivers would be around Indy. Baguette? Who else?

Because it bears repeating, Donald Davidson rocks.
                          --

Comment

My daughter was told from someone in the "know" that Sarah and Ed would be there, which makes sense given they live in the area. No other names divulged, except that Helio won't be one of them. Only reason this one was specified is because my daughter is a Helio fanatic...which burst her bubble, LOL.
                            #BCForever

Comment

Originally posted by AFColt View Post
                              That would be pretty awesome. I'm trying to think of what other drivers would be around Indy. Baguette? Who else?
                              From the 2010 500 program, here are drivers in the "500" drivers section that list their residence as Indy: Baguette, Dixon, Ana, Ed, Conway (sometimes), Sarah, AJIV, Hildebrand, Lloyd, Vitor, Power, Saavedra, and Scheckter (sometimes).

Originally posted by AFColt View Post
                              Because it bears repeating, Donald Davidson rocks.
                              Yes, yes he does.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X