Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2 Hour Time limit - Another BB selective enforcement ??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2 Hour Time limit - Another BB selective enforcement ??

I understood that there is a 2 hour time limit on an Indycar race (except the Indy500).

At Sao Paulo, only 61 laps of 75 were run because of the limit. Yet the St. Pete race was at +2:07 and went the scheduled 100 laps.

TheTexas race went the distance at +2:04

Motegi went the distance at +2:04

All the other races this season finished within the 2 hour "limit".

Does BB not know how to tell time, or is this another example of "I'm gonna ignore a rule because I feel like it ...." ????

Another example of "selective" enforcement of the rules ???

Sure looks like it to me. :mad:

Originally posted by BadazzZ06 View Post
    I understood that there is a 2 hour time limit on an Indycar race (except the Indy500).

At Sao Paulo, only 61 laps of 75 were run because of the limit. Yet the St. Pete race was at +2:07 and went the scheduled 100 laps.

Does BB not know how to tell time, or is this another example of "I'm gonna ignore a rule because I feel like it ...." ????

Two hour limit only applies to RC's, not ovals. And maybe it is selectively enforced, so what? Gives fans an opportunity to see an entire race and what's wrong with that.
    It's a Hoosier thing, you wouldn't understand...

Comment

If VS is giving you 3 hours window, why bother with 2 hours limit?
      Rest in peace, Dan Wheldon 1978 - 2011

Comment

Originally posted by raskav View Post
        Gotta have something to B**** about. How else would we get through the day?
        "George Bignotti's Sinmast Wildcat (Designed by Bob Riley); delicately built, carefully prepared and boldly driven by Gordon Johncock." -- Keith Jackson

Comment

Originally posted by mdkiel View Post
          Gotta have something to B**** about. How else would we get through the day?
          And that's it in a nutshell.

Comment

Don't be blaming BB because you didn't set your DVR to record 30-minutes extra.

Comment

Here we go again. I don't think BB does a particularly good job but people are manufacturing things to b itch about.

Comment

Originally posted by raskav View Post
                Because in the case of Japan the race was late starting, and a number of people have complained that their DVR ended recording because the end of the race was past the scheduled end of the broadcast.

Also, if you're planning fuel strategy, and a race looks like it may not go the distance based on time, and then BB ignores the rule, you may not have the fuel to complete the race.

Selective enforcement of rules is just another example that this series is run by amateurs.

Comment

Originally posted by Buellboy View Post
                  Don't be blaming BB because you didn't set your DVR to record 30-minutes extra.
                  I watched it live ... I'm on the West Coast so I have a 3 hour time advantage ....

Comment

Wow 4 minutes!!!! BFD! the network will give you a 4 minute leeway, now if it was 40 minutes then come back here and make a post.
                    In the IZOD IndyCar series we're just kids enjoy the thrills in a 200 MPH candy store.

Comment

Because in the case of Japan the race was late starting, and a number of people have complained that their DVR ended recording because the end of the race was past the scheduled end of the broadcast.

Also, if you're planning fuel strategy, and a race looks like it may not go the distance based on time, and then BB ignores the rule, you may not have the fuel to complete the race.

Selective enforcement of rules is just another example that this series is run by amateurs.
                      And what part of the two-hour rule only applying to RC's do you not understand?

Comment

Wow, those who blamed everything on TG are now blaming everything on BB. Unreal. Did you ever think that time limits has to do with tv slots and the broadcast? Not Indycar? Nah, why use rational thought when you have two initials to rail on? They probably let Motegi run over because nothing important was on after it. Go take a drive in your Z06, maybe you can clear the hate from your brain.

Comment

I can't recall anytime that a oval race has been limited by the 2-hour limit. Can you let me know? That is other than being shortened by rain or light.

Comment

Originally posted by midtown View Post
                            And what part of the two-hour rule only applying to RC's do you not understand?

Then why did St. Pete run 2:07+ ??? Last I checked that course is not an oval ....

http://www.indycar.com/schedule/race...st-petersburg/

Comment

...and then BB ignores the rule...
                              How does one ignore a rule that's not a rule...

As has been pointed out by two posters (so far) the time limit rule applies ONLY TO ROAD AND STREET COURSES, NOT OVALS...
                              Chicago Blackhawks done didn't do it again!

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X