Versus Coverage Issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Versus Coverage Issue

I recorded the original broadcast on AT&T U-Verse Saturday night. I also recorded the PBR broadcast which followed just in case. My recorded race broadcast ended with 8 laps to go and the PBR broadcast did not pick up the end of the Motegi race. Seems that Versus changed their programming after I had set my DVR!

I had to record the re-broadcast on Sunday in order to see the finish! :mad:

Did this happen to anyone else?

Yeah, it happened to me through Directv. I should have extended the DVRing for a half hour more but figured they'd get the race in the allotted time. Shame on me.

Comment

I always add an hour to the end of a race (except ABC) just in case. I watched it in full on Sunday (DVR) and not the re-broadcast.
      Tara was the name of our cat.

Comment

SOP. Always add 1 hour to all race broadcasts and 1/2 hour to qualifying sessions. Never a problem except for the odd NASCAR endurance fest!

Porscheman
        @porscheman121 on Twitter #+200HP!
        237.498/241.428/242.333 Speeds from the olden days!

Comment

Yes, it happened to me with a Comcast DVR as well. With Versus's 3-hour broadcasts, I stopped recording the show after the races, and haven't needed to until this race.

Comment

Sounds less like a Versus issue and more like an end-user issue.

Comment

I think the main problem is that the pre-race show for this race was longer than normal, pushing the race broadcast too far forward.

Comment

Originally posted by drewdawg727 View Post
                I think the main problem is that the pre-race show for this race was longer than normal, pushing the race broadcast too far forward.
                Did it last more than 45 minutes? That's the VS norm. I fast forwarded through it and didn't notice.
                It's a Hoosier thing, you wouldn't understand...

Comment

I got to see the end of the race on Verizon Fios. I did have to setup the show right after, but it went over without an issue for me.
                  "If you don't do it this year, you'll be another year older when you do"

http://davidm.smugmug.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Indy-hp View Post
                    Yes, it happened to me with a Comcast DVR as well. With Versus's 3-hour broadcasts, I stopped recording the show after the races, and haven't needed to until this race.
                    Same here.

Comment

The race ran 15 minutes longer than the average because of the 19 lap caution when Lloyd crashed. That put it past the top of the hour, so Versus was nice enough to allow the coverage to go to the half hour.

Comment

I set my VDR for a full 4 hours and the race took close to 3:30, but it was on to the end. I have regular cable.

mk
                        Racing: there is no substitute.

Comment

The show after the race can always move/change and screw things up, so the best way is to set the option to record +30 or +60 minutes vs. setting the following show to record. Plus, that way you don't have to switch to another recording to watch the end of the race -- it's all in one recording.

Comment

I have Comcast and I always just extend the recording by the maximum allowed.

Comment

Originally posted by SpeedwayRyan View Post
                              The show after the race can always move/change and screw things up, so the best way is to set the option to record +30 or +60 minutes vs. setting the following show to record. Plus, that way you don't have to switch to another recording to watch the end of the race -- it's all in one recording.
                              Ditto!
                              As much as I'd love for Verizon FiOS or AT&T U-Verse to come to our area, my Time Warner DVR automatically prompts me to schedule sporting events that are broadcast live to be extended by 30 mins (which is adjustable) so I caught the whole thing in one recording.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X