Greetings from Motegi!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Greetings from Motegi!!!

Well, I'm in Tokyo now, but you get the point.

What I learned in Motegi.

Sato has a lot of fans in Japan. They cheered every pass, even if it wasn't for position. Also, he has the best stuff for sale of any Indycar driver. Every team in Indycar should take lessons from him. I myself got an Asimo hat.

Food at the track is as mediocre in Japan as it is in America. But they sell pizza, smoked chicken legs, and Shwarma (they call it kabob) for those who don't like Japanese food.

I picked the worst time in 15 years to exchange Dollars for Yen. I also showed up in the middle of a heat wave. I blame Tony George.

Motegi is a great place to watch a race. Crowd looked good, except for the expensive seats. If they lower those prices they'll get the best crowd of any track. Assuming Mutoh and Sato stick around.

The Tokyo to Motegi commute is very makable. Assuming you can get to Ueno station by 7:46am.

I'm not sure what happened to Mario Morales as they didn't say anything about him after he got airlifted (or said it in Japanese). Is he OK?

Danica passed TK on the start. In other news, dogs and cats are living together, up is down, and the sun is now rising in the west.

Also, every sushi place in Tokyo has scallop, which can be difficult to find in NY. They also sell a lightly carbonated lemonade called C.C. vitamin that I'm going to miss when I get back to the states.

And finally, if you pick only one flyover state to fly over. Flyover Alaska, absolutely gorgous from the air. I'll try to post pics when I get back.
    It's impossible, that's sure. So let's start working.- Phillipe Petit

Talent borrows, Genius steals. - Pablo Picasso

Ah, there's nothing more exciting than science. You get all the fun of sitting still, being quiet, writing down numbers, paying attention... Science has it all.

Originally posted by Bombardier R142 View Post
    I'm not sure what happened to Mario Morales as they didn't say anything about him after he got airlifted (or said it in Japanese). Is he OK?
    Great post and can't wait to see/hear more. For what it is worth, Mario tweeted somthing to Vitor about 11 hours ago regarding Vitor's twittter profile pic including a poodle ending with ha ha ha, so I assume he is at least in good spirits, if not all together OK. Have not seen or heard anything else about his condition anywhere else.
    My IMS seating map is now hosted at http://www.16thandgeorgetown.com and http://www.imsseating.blogspot.com

Comment

Originally posted by vandele View Post
      Great post and can't wait to see/hear more. For what it is worth, Mario tweeted somthing to Vitor about 11 hours ago regarding Vitor's twittter profile pic including a poodle ending with ha ha ha, so I assume he is at least in good spirits, if not all together OK. Have not seen or heard anything else about his condition anywhere else.
      He was released as all clear after having a cat scan. He was complaining of backache so they had him checked but turned out luckily that he was okay.
      Faster...Faster...Faster...I know it, you know it, that's all that matters!

Comment

Originally posted by Bombardier R142 View Post

Good post. On the Vs. broadcast they mentioned that all hospital-goers from Motegi get airlifted because of the remoteness and topography of area.

Comment

Great post! Did you have any Lemon's Lemon (a similar lemonade drink). or Seafood & Seaweed Lay's Potato Chips? ;-)))))

Sato being popular isn't surprising as F1 is still very popular there. Not as popular as in the Senna days, but Taku was one of the fastest F1 drivers from Japan.
          And don't forget the heat!

Comment

I envy you going to Motegi for the race. I hope to go if I win the lottery. One thing's for certain, I'll be buying a lot of models since most of the good model companies are based in Japan.

Any chance you got pics of the Sato stuff for sale?
            Insert something witty here. I don't care.

Comment

Originally posted by TexRacer View Post
              He was released as all clear after having a cat scan. He was complaining of backache so they had him checked but turned out luckily that he was okay.
              He was released from the hospital but to my knownledge, he has not yet been cleared to drive by IndyCar. I doubt that IndyCar docs will examine him until early next week. You may recall that Vitor Meira and someone else (maybe Power) were not originally thought to have as much damage to their backs as they eventually did until they were examined a few days later. I would expact Dr. Olinger to examine MM in several days just to make sure the back is indeed in as few pieces as it is supposed to be.
              --Paul Dalbey
              (the poster formerly known as 'pdalbey')

Different men, from vastly different backgrounds, focused on the same goal – a white line painted on a yard of brick 500 miles ahead.

http://Fieldof33.com

Comment

Originally posted by Field of 33 View Post
                He was released from the hospital but to my knownledge, he has not yet been cleared to drive by IndyCar. I doubt that IndyCar docs will examine him until early next week. You may recall that Vitor Meira and someone else (maybe Power) were not originally thought to have as much damage to their backs as they eventually did until they were examined a few days later. I would expact Dr. Olinger to examine MM in several days just to make sure the back is indeed in as few pieces as it is supposed to be.
                Thanks for the clarification!
                Faster...Faster...Faster...I know it, you know it, that's all that matters!

Comment

Originally posted by TexRacer View Post
                  Good to hear it. Not much Indycar news here. But, I forgot to mention there was also a Sarah Fisher hat for sale but it had a mesh top which defeats the keep-the-sun-off-my-bald-spot purpose of wearing a hat in the first place.

They also sell a hot wheels car for every single Indycar driver. Even the Indy one-offs.

Also, when Japanese girls want to dress like prostitutes the put on short-shorts, knee socks or thigh-highs, and spiked heels. It looks just as trashy as it sounds. This proves what I've always said: "dressing like a wh---- never goes out of style".

Elf boots are also big here for some reason.
                  It's impossible, that's sure. So let's start working.- Phillipe Petit

Talent borrows, Genius steals. - Pablo Picasso

Ah, there's nothing more exciting than science. You get all the fun of sitting still, being quiet, writing down numbers, paying attention... Science has it all.

Comment

Count me in as jealous. I made the trip to Motegi for 4 years when I lived there in the Tokyo area, and I'm here to tell you it's a fun place to watch a race (and watch people)!
                    I miss my time living in Japan, and the trips to Motegi for the Indy Car race were definitely a special part of the year.
                    Livin' the good life as poorly as possible.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X