Team Orders?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Team Orders?

I'm surprised that Briscoe faded from Power in the last 20 laps. Anyone besides me think Ryan was encouraged to let Power by so he could duke it out with Franchitti, while the Aussie held up the queue?

I don't think he was encouraged, necessarily. It would've been better for Penske if he could've relegated Dario to third, points-wise, right? I think the difference between 2nd and 3rd is 5 points, and it's less than that between 3rd and 4th, so ... but once Ryan failed to get around Dario, why stay in front of Will and risk an even bigger points gap? And Will, surprisingly, seemed to catch Dario near the end. If he had timed that Milka pick better, he may have gotten around him, too ...

... I suspect, at Homestead, if Will needs one more position to win the title and Helio and Ryan can provide it, they will. The same with Dixon for Dario. And I think the teammate factor is going to make the strategy of the race even more interesting.
    Power #12 (2014 Champ, 2018 Indy 500 Winner) - Pagenaud #22 (2016 Champ) - Newgarden #1 (2017 Champ)

Comment

I think so. But then again, I have no problem with team orders whatsoever.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
      Working...
      X