Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone else tired of the Red Cars winning?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone else tired of the Red Cars winning?

I mean, seriously... I turned it off with 25 to go. Which was about 150 laps later than I should have walked away from it.

The actual race was decent, but I find that after about 3 or 4 years now of total red car domination, I'm about done watching.

Then start your own team and put in the R&D to beat them? What do you want an equalization formula? Cream always rises to the top...of course the Red cars have a bunch of no-talent hacks driving them as well

And can we quit calling the Penske cars "red cars"?
    Delta Force Theme... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SQUeQOIlcDM You're Welcome

Comment

when it is a spec series with the purpose of adding parity to the series, yes i'm tired of the red/penske cars winning.
      "Any time that I can be out at the Indianapolis Motor Speedway, you're going to see a smile on my face." - Dan Wheldon

"It's crazy how the Indianapolis Motor Speedway can make you so emotional. I went from the highest of highs to the lowest of lows in less than 24 hours." - Alex Tagliani

Comment

Actually a black & white car won. The best teams are Penske & Ganassi because they have the best drivers, crews and thoroughly prepare for each and every race making few-to-no mistakes. For that effort they win on a regular basis and should be congratulated instead of cursed. When the other teams start stepping up to the plate and put in a top-notch effort then we might see someone other than those two teams winning regularly. It's not Penske & Ganassi's fault that the other teams don't put in 100% week-in & week-out.
        ​a bad day at the race track beats a good day at work

Comment

"I mean, seriously... I turned it off with 25 to go. Which was about 150 laps later than I should have walked away from it.

The actual race was decent, but I find that after about 3 or 4 years now of total red car domination, I'm about done watching".

Comment

Originally posted by silvercrown View Post
            I mean, seriously... I turned it off with 25 to go. Which was about 150 laps later than I should have walked away from it.

The actual race was decent, but I find that after about 3 or 4 years now of total red car domination, I'm about done watching.
            I sure have. I've noticed that when the TV coverage features the battles back in the pack for, say, 5 thru 12 i enjoy it; but when they switch to the Penske/Ganassi cars at the front I just don't care at all. I couldn't care less if Briscoe passes Helio or not, even if its for the lead.

Comment

Sorry for the double post with a fellow poster's quote.
              It seems whenever someone asks a question around here, those with thin skin crawl out of the woodwork and lambasts the person who asked it. Silvercrown asked an honest question.
              I for one am also sick and tired of TCGR and Penske winning most of the races. I have watched the least amount of races this year over any other since 1967 when I first attended the Indy 500.This series has got fantastic leadership with a bright future, it just lacks something that used to be a huge rush for me. I would love to see another team run up front and challenge for the wins as Ed Carpenter did with his second place finish a few weeks ago. Love the 500 but the other races can't compete

Comment

Originally posted by indyracefan View Post
                Actually a black & white car won. The best teams are Penske & Ganassi because they have the best drivers, crews and thoroughly prepare for each and every race making few-to-no mistakes. For that effort they win on a regular basis and should be congratulated instead of cursed. When the other teams start stepping up to the plate and put in a top-notch effort then we might see someone other than those two teams winning regularly. It's not Penske & Ganassi's fault that the other teams don't put in 100% week-in & week-out.
                No question these teams have the biggest budgets, but to suggest the other teams don't put in a 100% top notch effort into their racing, is somewhat silly.

Penske & Ganassi have more, which means they can cheat more........simple. How else does a spec series car and engine with regulated aero be quicker on an oval than others?

Comment

No. They are class organizations with a level of dedication and work ethic that is second to none. Plus there are five drivers between the two teams that have a legit shot at every race and the championship. I think that is a fair number with an approximately 25 car field. And it's not like there aren't other drivers/teams that don't compete for wins. It just makes it that much more enjoyable when TK, RHR, and Wilson wins a race and they know they've beaten the best is the biz.

Comment

It's not a spec series.

The other teams just need to step up and start competing again. AA has been back in the mix the last few race, but they still have some ways to go.
                    Speed has never killed anyone, suddenly becoming stationary… that's what gets you.

http://twitter.com/WhateverJoel

Comment

Originally posted by indyracefan View Post
                      It's not Penske & Ganassi's fault that the other teams don't put in 100% week-in & week-out.
                      To suggest such is utterly ridiculous. These are not start and park operations like in NASCAR. these teams actually DO give 100% effort based on resources. The fact they do not have the resources or budget of a Penske or Ganassi does not men they do not give 100%.

OT: Is anyone else tired of seeing these threads every time a Penske or Ganassi car wins?
                      If you don't stand behind our troops, PLEASE, feel free to stand in front of them.

Jesus Saves! Passes to Noah.....He shoots, he scores!

Comment

Originally posted by logjammer View Post
                        Is anyone else tired of seeing these threads every time a Penske or Ganassi car wins?
                        I am.
                        "Each day well lived makes every yesterday a dream of happiness and every tomorrow a vision of hope. Look well therefore to this one day for it, and it alone, is life"
                        ~ Sanskrit poem attributed to Kalidasa, "Salutation to the Dawn"

Brian's Wish

Comment

Originally posted by logjammer View Post
                          OT: Is anyone else tired of seeing these threads every time a Penske or Ganassi car wins?
                          Yep.

Comment

Seems like a lot of people are considering attendance and ratings have tanked since those 2 teams came over from CART.

Comment

I'll stop watching when Penske and Ganassi stop giving 100%. If they lose they fire I think we're all in trouble. This sport has put us fans through far worse and I'm not about to stop watching just because the big two win a lot.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X