Ganassi Versus Penske

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ganassi Versus Penske

Penske has made a tremendous amount of uncharacteristic mistakes this season. The captain seems to be getting out foxed by Ganassi.

If Dixon had a better season this year these final two races could be looking much different.

Do you guys think that Chip is slowly stealing the mantle from Penske?
    "Try some of these before or after your statements if you are not presenting them as facts. Things like - "In my opinion", or "I think that", JHMO, IMHO, IMO, JMO... Your opinions are not (necessarily) fact. That would clear things up some." - Seadog 03/25/2010 11:40am So the above is JMO.

Originally posted by gonzo View Post
    Penske has made a tremendous amount of uncharacteristic mistakes this season. The captain seems to be getting out foxed by Ganassi.

If Dixon had a better season this year these final two races could be looking much different.

Penske may be thinking he should be a two car team again.
    http://thepurginglutheran.wordpress.com/

http://thegatwickview.tumblr.com/

http://thepurginglutheran.tumblr.com/

Comment

Not sure if Ganassi is stealing the mantle but he's certainly proved he's a top-notch team and has the same attention to details that made Penske a consistent dominant force. I actually like Ganassi keeping Team Penske honest and have been pulling for them. Now if Andretti Autosport and a few others could step up to the plate it could make things interesting again.
      ​a bad day at the race track beats a good day at work

Comment

Well, it's a Penske 1-2-3 in Motegi, isn't it? I think that Penske is still a step ahead of Ganassi, but Dixon has an awful season.

Comment

Originally posted by German oval fan View Post
          Well, it's a Penske 1-2-3 in Motegi, isn't it? I think that Penske is still a step ahead of Ganassi, but Dixon has an awful season.
          Ya, and who is two-three in the championship and closing fast???
          "Try some of these before or after your statements if you are not presenting them as facts. Things like - "In my opinion", or "I think that", JHMO, IMHO, IMO, JMO... Your opinions are not (necessarily) fact. That would clear things up some." - Seadog 03/25/2010 11:40am So the above is JMO.

Comment

Ya, and who is two-three in the championship and closing fast???

Actually it's 'ja'.

Seriously though I concur, Ganassi as I stated is keeping Penske honest and could quite possibly steal the championship from him yet again this year.
            ​a bad day at the race track beats a good day at work

Comment

It seems to me Penske has an advantage in engineers, while Ganassi may have an advantage in crew guys.
              "I would like to be able to admire a person's opinions as I would their dog - without being expected to take it home with me." ---- Frank A. Clark
              " it only makes sense for the world's most prestigious fried chicken to pair up with the world's most prestigious watch brand" ---D. Byrd

Comment

Ganassi will be the Penske of the future. Cindric is making more and more decisions concerning team direction and he's just not going to able to fill Roger's shoes. It's not just him as no one can fill Roger's shoes. There is a lot more to Penske's success than just big sponsors and spending money and it's felt from top to bottom in the organization. If Roger leaves at some point Team Penske will soon be just another ride buying/bring me your sponsor kind of race team going forward.

Comment

Ganassi may not have stolen the mantle, but he's forcing Penske to share it.

Comment

Y'all know the saying... 'Catching' them is one thing... 'Passing' them is another...

Comment

Ganassi wins the Daytona 500, the Indy 500, the Brickyard 400, a title in Grand-Am and looks poised to defend the IICS title. In the world of what have you done for me lately, that is the gold standard.
                      No man can cause more grief than that one clinging blindly to the vices of his ancestors. - William Faulkner

Comment

Originally posted by pb View Post
                        Ganassi wins the Daytona 500, the Indy 500, the Brickyard 400, a title in Grand-Am and looks poised to defend the IICS title. In the world of what have you done for me lately, that is the gold standard.
                        No kidding. Now he needs to run in F1 and at lemans.
                        "Is that my *** that I smell burning?" ... Helmet Stogie from "Death spasms of the Mabuchi"

Comment

Penske cars are faster than Ganassi - but their racecraft has been oddly poor this year. Perhaps it's a result of 3 cars full time.
                          Indy, Cleveland, Mid-Ohio, Pocono, Michigan, Long Beach, Watkins Glen, Kentucky, Milwaukee, Road America, Iowa, Gateway, IRP - 70

Comment

Ever since their was some minor rumblings about Penske getting away with some questionable tech inspections, hasn't their results dropped a bit?

Comment

I think the addition of Will Power has placed the other two Penske drivers on edge. Each trying to match his pace out of fear of losing thier spot on the Team. As a resault, Helio and Ryan have been making mistakes they wouldn't normally make. O.K. that would be Helio. Ryan is just Ryan.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X