Motegi, do you care?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Motegi, do you care?

The race is televised like any other, it will be discussed on TF like any other, IndyCar.com and TSO will cover it like any other. I just don't care if I watch it or not.

Is it the broadcast time? I watch F-1 at all hours of the day and night.
    Is it the fact that it's in Japan? I watched Brazil and Canadian races.
    It's an oval and ovals are my preference (for IndyCars).
    I don't know why but I just don't care about this race.
    Open the pod bay doors, HAL

It's college football season. At least that's my excuse.
    "It takes a special level of incompetance to make a schedule this terrible. America is possibly the greatest country in the world overall for tracks. To make a bad schedule in America takes effort. A special kind of effort. A kind of effort that only IndyCar could come up with."

Comment

It's pretty much the same as most others, for me - maybe a bit more important (and worth staying up for) because it's one of the last this year. Winter awaits.

Maybe it's the geographic remoteness? It's still melting rubber, exploding ethanol and thousands of pounds of air per millisecond sweeping off the chassis on a closed oval circuit. Snap into it, man!
      "Each day well lived makes every yesterday a dream of happiness and every tomorrow a vision of hope. Look well therefore to this one day for it, and it alone, is life"
      ~ Sanskrit poem attributed to Kalidasa, "Salutation to the Dawn"

Brian's Wish

Comment

I don't know. Left over bad feelings from WWII, the big one, perhaps? Your mother was frightened my a Kabuki dancer during pregnacy? Maybe you ate some bad Fugu fish once? Really makes no sense. A race is a race is a race and, it's an IndyCar race at that! Enjoy!!

Porscheman
        @porscheman121 on Twitter #+200HP!
        237.498/241.428/242.333 Speeds from the olden days!

Comment

Originally posted by porscheman View Post
          Really makes no sense. A race is a race is a race
          I agree porscheman, it makes no sense but I just don't care about Motegi.

Comment

No law against irrational, unsolvable mysteries when it comes to personal preference.

I love this country, but I will admit to ambivalence about Arkansas. I dunno why.
            "Each day well lived makes every yesterday a dream of happiness and every tomorrow a vision of hope. Look well therefore to this one day for it, and it alone, is life"
            ~ Sanskrit poem attributed to Kalidasa, "Salutation to the Dawn"

Brian's Wish

Comment

If you don't care, then why bother to write this thread?

As for me... it's an IndyCar race!!! So, yes, I care and will be up until 2:00AM watching it! By mid-October, I'll be longing for the start of next year's IndyCar season.
              INDYCAR... Home of the BEST RACING on the planet!

Comment

In the past, the over-compressed, grainy, mostly one camera, satellite TV feed and only Arute actually at the track made watching this race feel like the red-headed stepchild to all the others. The obligatory "we have to go there or Honda will pull out too" race.

We'll soon see if this year's race has the same "second class" feel, but without the usual TV crew, I expect it will.

Comment

What's wrong with some of you guys? It's a race...an Indycar race. -cap I'll get up at 5 a.m. tomorrow and watch... no matter what's going to happen

Comment

The good news is that the DVR works and it'll be waiting for me in the morning. Staying up 'til all hours to force my self to view something that is for fun is no longer in the playbook.

I agree with T13 about trying to enjoy what's left of the season.
                    No man can cause more grief than that one clinging blindly to the vices of his ancestors. - William Faulkner

Comment

I'll be watchin'!!
                      Have a very blessed day!

Comment

I was excited until I saw that, once again the Penske and Ganassi cars are back in the front. I am getting very tired of seeing this over and over and over. If there were 2 sets of camera feeds, one for watching the red cars dominate, and another for watching the passes and action behind them, I might be inclined to cheer more for 6 place and beyond.

Comment

Originally posted by irlracingfan View Post
                          If you don't care, then why bother to write this thread?
                          Some of our resident negative posters seem to have run out of things to run down so maybe jeffracer is picking up the mantle. As for me, it's an IndyCar race, Motegi is a unique oval and the points battle is tight. I'm in.

:izod2
                          "George Bignotti's Sinmast Wildcat (Designed by Bob Riley); delicately built, carefully prepared and boldly driven by Gordon Johncock." -- Keith Jackson

Comment

I HATE the Motegi race. It's stupid to go (Honda has plants in U.S. markets with tracks we can race at) it gets buried in the TV exposure to the point that a .00004 rating drags the average viewership numbers for the season heaviliy the wriong way. The added expense to the team's budget for this trip must be rediculous.... just stupidity...
                            Have attended: Indy 500 (36), Belle Island (3), Kentucky (4), St Pete (3), Homestead (1), Texas (2) Michigan (5), Cleveland (3), Iowa (6), Chicagoland (5), IRP (2), Eldora (3)...

Comment

Originally posted by Indy-hp View Post
                              In the past, the over-compressed, grainy, mostly one camera, satellite TV feed and only Arute actually at the track made watching this race feel like the red-headed stepchild to all the others. The obligatory "we have to go there or Honda will pull out too" race.

We'll soon see if this year's race has the same "second class" feel, but without the usual TV crew, I expect it will.
                              I think that is part of it Indy-hp, the broadcast quality has been depressing.

I am not trying to go negative here, just trying to put my finger on my ambivilance toward this one race.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X