X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• nice update on Mike Conway recovery- Homestead still up in the air

the latest on Mike:
    http://auto-racing.speedtv.com/artic...getting-close/

I think he would have put on some pretty good shows for us if he had stayed in his ride for the season- hope he gets it all back together for another shot at Indy Car- certainly deserves it at this point!!

the article details part of his therapy where he sits in a -130 degree freezer for 5 minutes every day- sounds kinda kooky to me....
    "Charging a man with murder here was like handing out speeding tickets at the Indy 500."- Capt. Willard, Apocolypse Now
    "Ain't nuthin' like [being with a woman], 'cept maybe the Indy 500."- Bunny, Platoon
    "To alcohol! The cause of- and solution to- all of life's problems."- Homer J. Simpson

Mark Webber went through a similar therapy when recovering from his broken leg(s) he sustained in an off-season cycling accident. These guys have access to the very best care. Hopefully, Mike will return good as new.

Comment

I saw that. That freezing chamber sounds extreme!

EDIT: And of course, best of luck to Mike!
      IndyCar Advocate: A blog about enjoying the best sport in the world! Stop on by!
      --
      On Twitter as @indycaradvocate

Comment

I will think of that soak he has to do next time I have reservations on going swimming in 70 some degree water. Yikes!
        "I would like to be able to admire a person's opinions as I would their dog - without being expected to take it home with me." ---- Frank A. Clark
        " it only makes sense for the world's most prestigious fried chicken to pair up with the world's most prestigious watch brand" ---D. Byrd

Comment

Say, that is 'kinda chilly! Such intense work to rehabilate is sure to payoff in a faster healing process. Even so it sounds like Mike should take a pass on Homestead and return fully fit for the 2011 opener. Either way, best wishes for him.

Porscheman
          @porscheman121 on Twitter #+200HP!
          237.498/241.428/242.333 Speeds from the olden days!

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X