OT: County Commissioners Laugh at USGP Lawyer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OT: County Commissioners Laugh at USGP Lawyer

Funny story @Jalopnik.com about the Austin F1 USGP. They need to start construction by December to be finished in time. They don't even have permits. No environmental impact study... nothing.

http://jalopnik.com/5640308/county-c...nd-prix-lawyer

My guardian angel, she wears a hard hat.

Yeah, there's a topic in the F1 forum on it.
    It's a Hoosier thing, you wouldn't understand...

Comment

Originally posted by midtown View Post
      Yeah, there's a topic in the F1 forum on it.
      Oh yeah... I forgot about the F1 forum!! Can ya tell my TF bookmark comes straight to rev-ed's?

Sorry 'bout that folks.

Comment

I hear theres a road couse a few states North that could host an F1 race tomorrow. F1 grade garages and hospitality already in place.

Maybe Bernie should call them. Im sure he has the phone @
        Live like Dave

Comment

Originally posted by KevMcNJ View Post
          I hear theres a road couse a few states North that could host an F1 race tomorrow. F1 grade garages and hospitality already in place.

Maybe Bernie should call them. Im sure he has the phone @
          If the Miller heirs don't turn it into a housing project.

Comment

Originally posted by Mindervillain View Post
            If the Miller heirs don't turn it into a housing project.
            Now that's just plain silly....
            Get your head out of your past!!!

Comment

Agreed.
              "I would really like to go to NASCAR. I really enjoy NASCAR and if I could be there in a couple of years that's where I'd want to be." - Jeff Gordon (after testing a Formula Super Vee)

Comment

Weren't there people who said Sao Paulo wasn't going to make it either?

But then again that track didn't have to be built to Bernie's standards....and it kinda showed with the concrete frontstretch being grinded at the last minute so it could actually be raceable.

Comment

This comes as no shock. Besides, history has shown that the USGP is a very unstable event. Why put all the effort into building a new facility only to be at the mercy of Bernie Napoleon's ways or the potential failure of the event?

This track in Austin is stupidity unleashed.

In Brasil, the support of IndyCar is HUGE, so having a race there simply makes sense and the people there were very behind it. F1 in the USA, let alone Texas, is a different story.

Comment

Originally posted by Grinder-Tank View Post
                    Now that's just plain silly....
                    Could be. But folks from the shuttered Mustang Challenge series were pretty close to the throne and don't seem to share your optimism.

Personal observation - no confirming links.

Comment

Originally posted by Mindervillain View Post
                      Could be. But folks from the shuttered Mustang Challenge series were pretty close to the throne and don't seem to share your optimism.

Personal observation - no confirming links.
                      I can't see it shutting down.

Comment

Originally posted by Grinder-Tank View Post
                        I can't see it shutting down.
                        If Larry Miller was still with us, I would agree with you... Without Larry Miller, I'm not as sure... I don't know who he left behind that would be considered a true guardian of MMP... Not to say that there isn't someone, just saying that I personally don't know who that would be... (and please don't say Dan Davis or John Larson...)

Comment

Originally posted by fleshwound_NPG View Post

But then again that track didn't have to be built to Bernie's standards....and it kinda showed with the concrete frontstretch being grinded at the last minute so it could actually be raceable.
                          That's the advantage of a real street race: it's a street. You don't need to do an environmental impact study to put up temp fencing, fill the potholes, and weld the manhole covers down. But these F1 guys are doing a full-on construction project.

Nobody gets a major construction project fully approved in the timeframe they need---at least not in my neck of the woods (SoCal). Hell, they'd be doing good just to get through the design reviews, impact studies, and have issued permits by 2012, let alone breaking ground. That's without any requests for further review, and/or lawsuits by groups in opposition.

This whole thing seems rather ill-conceived.

Comment

I think this guy was treated with a lot of respect, something his organization did not afford the County."Hey guys we have been working with Bernie for many years and he thinks its swell. Sorry we could not do anything with EI, traffic or economic studies but we have a pretty good gut feel on this." Sorry but this is beyond a joke. I would love the return of F1 to the states but not if it means screwing over the county. Your enthusiasm and secrecy will cost you a pretty penny payable to Bernie. So much for a 40 year friendship. Not sure Bernie has any friends anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by fleshwound_NPG View Post
                              Well the problem are permits. They won't come any faster and with no serious investigation conducted yet and a december deadline, it does, no matter much you are behind this project, look pretty bad.
                              Last edited by Miguel; 09-18-2010, 10:22 AM.
                              MotorRacingblog.nl | Kwaliteitsblog

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X