Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"Even if I won the Indy 500 this would be in front of it"

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • "Even if I won the Indy 500 this would be in front of it"

    aaaahhhhhh!

    John Andretti said those words after jogging around with an oversized bic lighter......


    [ January 13, 2002: Message edited by: Railbird ]
    "Living well is the best revenge"

    George Herbert

  • #2
    Bird don't you find it a little ironic that a brazillian carried the torch?

    Comment


    • #3
      I thought the Helio thing was cool, the Grandson was looking in control as usual, Stewart was warmly snearing, it was just that statement by John boy....

      I bet his God Father would've given him the back of his hand...
      "Living well is the best revenge"

      George Herbert

      Comment


      • #4
        A cousin of his might get after him. . .
        "If TF members were given solid gold cars, some would complain about the color." - stnkypete

        Comment


        • #5
          I think Helio should have climbed the fence with the torch, without somebody shooting him the finger in the picture.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Railbird:
            <STRONG>aaaahhhhhh!

            John Andretti said those words after jogging around with an oversized bic lighter......


            </STRONG>

            ....it was awfully cold that morning, I think John's brain was frozen.
            ​a bad day at the race track beats a good day at work

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by cmego:
              <STRONG>I think Helio should have climbed the fence with the torch, without somebody shooting him the finger in the picture.</STRONG>
              That would have been cool, but why do you lock your mind on the very few who didn't approve of Helio's win?

              I've been to 29 Indy 500's and I've yet to see a winner be universally supported or applauded.
              Center Grove Trojans
              2008 5A Football State Champs
              2015 6A Football State Champs
              2011 Track State Champs

              Center Grove Jr. Trojans
              2014, 2015 & 2017 IEFA State Champs

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Truth Detector:
                <STRONG>

                I've been to 29 Indy 500's and I've yet to see a winner be universally supported or applauded.</STRONG>

                .....maybe Rick Mears?!?
                ​a bad day at the race track beats a good day at work

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Truth Detector:
                  <STRONG>

                  That would have been cool, but why do you lock your mind on the very few who didn't approve of Helio's win?

                  I've been to 29 Indy 500's and I've yet to see a winner be universally supported or applauded.</STRONG>
                  No particular reason I just thought that fan was an idiot and it's hard to get that image out of my head.
                  It's kind of like seeing a car crash, nobody wants to look but they do.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by indyracefan:
                    <STRONG>


                    .....maybe Rick Mears?!?</STRONG>
                    Rick Mears is the classiest race car driver I ever had the good fortune to meet, but his association with Roger Penske assured him of more than a few boo's from the crowd.
                    Center Grove Trojans
                    2008 5A Football State Champs
                    2015 6A Football State Champs
                    2011 Track State Champs

                    Center Grove Jr. Trojans
                    2014, 2015 & 2017 IEFA State Champs

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Truth Detector:
                      <STRONG>

                      Rick Mears is the classiest race car driver I ever had the good fortune to meet, but his association with Roger Penske assured him of more than a few boo's from the crowd.</STRONG>
                      Ditto.
                      And a few boo's from in front of the tv.
                      "OWRS did not return phone calls."

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        "I've been to 29 Indy 500's and I've yet to see a winner be universally supported or applauded."

                        Sam Hanks, 1957...

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          It's going to be interesting to see what develops as spectators become an increasing part of the media scene. Just as some drivers couldn't make the transition to the new era, I'd venture a guess that some fans will find their actions coming back to haunt them.

                          Originally posted by Truth Detector:
                          <STRONG>That would have been cool, but why do you lock your mind on the very few who didn't approve of Helio's win?</STRONG>
                          Peter Olivola ([email protected])
                          "Too dumb for opera
                          too smart for NASCAR"

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by hdolan:
                            <STRONG>"I've been to 29 Indy 500's and I've yet to see a winner be universally supported or applauded."

                            Sam Hanks, 1957...</STRONG>
                            How about Parnelli in 1963.

                            Well except Eddie Sachs.....

                            or Colin Chapman....

                            Jimmy Clark.....

                            Roger McCluskey.....

                            OK, never mind.
                            "You just don't know what Indy Means", Al Unser Jr.

                            "That's why to me it does feel more precious when an American wins it...", Michael Andretti

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              One can rest assured that the many Novi fans in the stands were less than thrilled with the 57 results.

                              [ January 14, 2002: Message edited by: Railbird ]
                              "Living well is the best revenge"

                              George Herbert

                              Comment

                              Unconfigured Ad Widget

                              Collapse
                              Working...
                              X