Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RPM2Night - Sun 1/13

On right now!

Looks like they will at least have a story on the Olympic torch run at the Indianapolis Motor Speedway this past week.
    "But not all of them, Jean-Pierre. There are some who come for that, for the accidents and the fires. But the others...
    the others ride with you all. You put something in their lives they can't put there themselves."
    -- Louise Frederickson in Grand Prix

and Daytona let John Kernan in the Garage!!

Comment

Originally posted by DanH:
      <STRONG>and Daytona let John Kernan in the Garage!!</STRONG>
      IIRC they can go into the track on "non race weekends".
      If the league is not going to shift their stance on the fees I would imagine all of the ovals would start being replaced by "chamber of commerce financially supported" TV infomercials dressed up like a car race for different city centers across the USA.

Comment

......yeah I caught that too. I asked over on the NASCAR board but I'll ask here since it was brought up.

What's up with Kernan & RPM2night inside the track at Daytona?!,......is someone relaxing some rules a little bit or is it because it's only testing and not a race???
        ​a bad day at the race track beats a good day at work

Comment

I hope that BS is over and done with. rpm had an agreement with NBC to allow them in but NASCAR still nixed it. I smell a rat in the form of Brian France. They tried to support Fox's Totally NASCAR show, which is an inferior product to rpm2night, even with rpm in the parking lot. In my opinion, if NASCAR doesn't let rpm inside then Sports Center should stop showing results, I bet things would change in a hurry. NASCAR sold out the networks that got them where they are, then locked them out. The same crap was pulled on TNN's Raceday and the show folded.

Comment

A friendly reminder to Kernan and the folks who bring us RPM2Night:

Please call the boss, Howard Katz, and ask him to remind you where ABC and ESPN have invested their racing dollars.

Then, after the Daytona hoopla blows over, remember that RPM2Night will have full access to any IRL venue throughout the year.

While you're at it, why not consult a professional ethicist and ask about the propriety of employing an paid employee of a racing series as a commentator for racing in general.

Comment

defender, how many forums like this have the host of a major racing show stop by from time to time? I am proud of that, John has already addressed the Miller situation, maybe not to our satisfaction, but he did come here and tell his side. You can vote with the remote if that isn't enough. Like it or not, regardless of what may happen to CART, Robin Miller will always be an IRL detractor, and he will always find reason to blame TG for something. He will also always find a forum to vent his spleen on, even if it is a "free shopper."

Comment

I, for one, could not be happier that Kernan decides periodically to contribute here. There's a lot to be said for that. I sincerely hope he keeps it up.

That sentiment is separate than the questions I've raised about his employer. I'm concerned because ESPN is part of the family with the IRL contract. And as of this moment, no one from ESPN has publically addressed the concerns I've stated myself here, but that trouble other race fans as well.

Comment

Originally posted by WhirlinGraphics:
                  <STRONG>On right now!

Looks like they will at least have a story on the Olympic torch run at the Indianapolis Motor Speedway this past week.</STRONG>
                  I knew I was forgetting something to watch yesterday. I didn't see it cause I was watching the People's Choice Awards.

Comment

Originally posted by Defender:
                    <STRONG>A friendly reminder to Kernan and the folks who bring us RPM2Night:

Please call the boss, Howard Katz, and ask him to remind you where ABC and ESPN have invested their racing dollars.

Then, after the Daytona hoopla blows over, remember that RPM2Night will have full access to any IRL venue throughout the year.

While you're at it, why not consult a professional ethicist and ask about the propriety of employing an paid employee of a racing series as a commentator for racing in general.</STRONG>
                    Oh geez, give it a rest. If you really have the connections that you intimate, use them. The rest of us could use a break from your ad nauseum repetition. NASCAR is still the top dog in US racing. I don't for a minute begrudge ESPN from pursuing the larger potential audience.

akh

Comment

Akh,you are totally missing Defender's point.

Read his post again.Its Millers lack of integrity and ethics that Defender questions.[and how can one NOT question them?]
                      ...the spice must flow.....

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X