What about Jos Verstappen?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What about Jos Verstappen?

Now that Jos Verstappen has been booted out of Arrows in favor of Heinz-Harald Frentzen, I wonder he would have any desire to seek an IRL ride.

Jos was a seriously underrated F1 driver. His starts were always amazing, picking off 6 or 8 drivers by the first corner in nearly every race. Unfortunately, his pathetic car would render him a rolling chicane the rest of the race. He always outperformed teammate Enrique Bernoldi, it seemed.

Anyway, with the Cheever/Arrows affiliation, this Verstappen fan hopes Jos will hook up with Eddie at least at Indy. I know it's a longshot...
    No weather forecasts are ever guaranteed, even if confidence level is high. Even a 99% probability will miss 1% of the time. That's the best anybody can do when predicting highly complex events.

Yos looked impressive last year early in races where the top teams were on one stop strategies and Yos was on a three stop strategy. I light fuel load can be quite the performance enhancer. He'll end up a test driver somewhere in F1 or a mid-year substitute. He is prone to the bone-head move like running over JPM at Malaysia last year.

Should this be on the F1 forum???

Comment

Jos is more likely to go to the World Rally Championship as he has more experience on gravel than on ovals.

Comment

Jos recently had a few choice comments regarding the other series drivers[cowboys he called them] and street races[too dangerous],so,while not impossible,implausible would cover it.
        ...the spice must flow.....

Comment

Originally posted by PShoe001:
          <STRONG>Should this be on the F1 forum???</STRONG>
          Um, I think I very clearly had an IRL slant to my post...
          No weather forecasts are ever guaranteed, even if confidence level is high. Even a 99% probability will miss 1% of the time. That's the best anybody can do when predicting highly complex events.

Comment

Verstappen?

He's Montoya's favorite, right?

He's an F1 50% midpacker, at best.

[ February 08, 2002: Message edited by: mnkywrch ]
            http://motorsportsblog.blogspot.com/

Comment

When I heard that he was out of a ride the very first thought that came to mind was,'He has a couple of offers from IRL teams, and really wants to to Indy.' Just like every other out of work driver.

I think his brother has more talent, that would be Thanks for Stoppin'.
              "You can't arrest those guys, they're folk heroes"
              "They're criminals"
              "Well most folk heroes started out as criminals"

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
              Working...
              X